“very good food, so so service”
Review of Neromilos

Neromilos
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Sissi
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I loved the food in this place - no question! it was home cooked and delicious. I also loved the atmosphere and setting. Beautiful spot under the lime trees outside (everything I thought a taberna would be) which is why I have rated it very good. I did however think the service lacked a little. They were very busy and didnt seem to have enough staff.
I am someone who loves to have an evening in a restaurant and not rush it, but this was very slow service. We sat for about 15 minutes before being offered a drink or menu. Men who were clearly locals came in and got served. At one point when we asked for bread we were told it would be brought when the waiter had time... it never arrived.
Lets hope it was a one off, and even so - don't let it put you off.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Nicki is, well the best we do describe her is in what she says, " and tonight we have for you," What she and her husband and staff have for you is wonderful food under the fruit trees and marvelous starters and deserts, (usually free). There are many Restaurants in Sisse but this is the best. It is a little walk out from the village but well worth the effort.

2  Thank Davecee63
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This year was my twentieth year visiting this village,I never knew this charming taverna existed. I found it because of the reviews on here and as it suggested I booked a table.....this is generally unheard of in Crete but it is essential due to the size of this tiny rustic taverna in its beautiful setting.it is basically a family home and garden with a family serving homecooked food to the few tables under the lemon and olive trees.You eat whatever they are cooking,we had beautifully cooked goat,after their free starters,and wine,dessert was once again free and beautiful. The last pleasant surprise was the price,it was so cheap!
The family that run it are incredible hosts and so welcoming.
It was a pleasure to be there

4  Thank Chelmsforduk
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Quite a walk from the hotl, but absolutely worth it. Rhe whole experience of eating there was fantastic. Not to be missed.

2  Thank Tony H
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Typical Cretan family run restaurant serving great freshly prepared food at a far to reasonable price so get in there quick before they realise how good they really are because you won't beat the flavours, service or price in this little gem.

3  Thank John27k