We arrived at the hotel at 2.30 in the morning due to a problem landing in Heraklion. A cold plate of cheese and meat had been left in our room for us, which we felt was a nice touch and very welcome. There was also a bowl of fresh fruit, a complimentary bottle of wine and water- also much appreciated. We were very pleased with the room which was quite spacious, clean and modern, but it was the bathroom that we loved. The shower was wonderful - as large as a bath, with two different heads and very powerful. Nice balcony with table and chairs which looked out onto a church and from the side to the pool and garden area. Lovely lighting of an evening in the pool and garden. It is a nice boutique style hotel, modern and kept very clean and we were very happy with it.
Lovely pool area and garden to relax in, which isn't overlooked from the road due to the landscaping.
The food in the restaurant was good but not overwhelming although there was always a good selection, apart from the main courses, which comprised only 3 each night plus a vegetarian. A grumble was that the wine started from 22 euros (somewhat pricey even by hotel standards) and you weren't allowed to save it for the next night in the restaurant - something we have always done previously. You had to take it away from the restaurant and drink in your room. Other than that you had to buy it by the glass if you aren't big drinkers and just like some wine with your meal.
Staff in the hotel were all very friendly and offered good service.
Sissi is a lovely village - quite small and not much going on,but we knew that before we came and that's why we chose it. There are quite a lot of bars and restaurants, especially in the harbour area and the usual tourist shops offering local clothes and crafts.
We discovered two nice tavernas on the main road (as they call it) going in and out of Sissi so if you fancy a lunch or dinner out I would recommend trying them. Unfortunately we only picked up a card from the second taverna which is called Neromilos but they are both nice. Neromilos did seem to be a little more welcoming however and also offered you starters and desert on the house, which were delicious - as was all the food. To get to the main road you need to turn left out of the hotel and walk down to the corner where there is a car hire shop. You then turn left there and it is approx 10 minutes walk just past a field with goats and sheep in.
All in all it was a lovely holiday and a place I would certainly recommend and go back to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish high-quality design is the hallmark of this deluxe boutique resort, situated in one of the most beautiful and sought-after locations in Crete, the traditional seaside village of Sissi. Recalling a bygone era of gracious living, Castello Boutique Resort & Spa offers the personalized service and amenities required by today's discriminating traveler. Since 2015 Castello Boutique Resort and Spa became adult only hotel and have entered the SLH family- Small Luxury Hotels of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Castello Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Boutique Resort And Spa
- Castello Boutique Hotel Sissi
- Castello Boutique Resort & Spa Crete/Sissi