We've just come back from an amazing week spent at the Castello. Although our airport transfer took about 2 hours longer than it should have done, being greeted by Angelo with a welcome drink and shown to our fantastic room meant it was quickly forgotten!
Food in the room upon arrival was a lovely touch and overall, our room was faultless. Walls are a bit thin but no real issues and the beds are SO comfortable! Only tiny gripe was that we could have done with more hangers – but we probably took too many clothes!
Pool area and bar are both brilliant, the barman Angelo is a star. So lovely and friendly, although don't let him make you a shot. They're extremely powerful!
It's a lovely chilled hotel, but as it gets busier throughout the season they could do with some more sun beds around the pool (and the grass does get a little muddy so keep your flip flops on!) All the staff are great and we had lunch round by the pool a couple of times which was really nice and plentiful.
Having the supermarket next door was handy and Sissi itself is perfect. We ate out every night and were spoilt for choice. Please please please go to Remezzo. It's on the marina and the owner, Dan, is just so lovely and the food is delicious. We would have eaten there every night if we didn’t think it would be a bit sad! Miniature Golf is also fun and a good way to spend an evening. There's a great cocktail bar on the marina also, two in fact!
We were genuinely sad to come home and were very envious of our new friends, Tara & Chris, who still had another week at Castello to enjoy (hope Chris eventually recovered from the hangover!!!)
Emma & Tom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish high-quality design is the hallmark of this deluxe boutique resort, situated in one of the most beautiful and sought-after locations in Crete, the traditional seaside village of Sissi. Recalling a bygone era of gracious living, Castello Boutique Resort & Spa offers the personalized service and amenities required by today's discriminating traveler. Since 2015 Castello Boutique Resort and Spa became adult only hotel and have entered the SLH family- Small Luxury Hotels of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Bookgreece.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Castello Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Boutique Resort And Spa
- Castello Boutique Hotel Sissi
- Castello Boutique Resort & Spa Crete/Sissi