We usually make a point of going to a different Greek Island each year, however last year we returned to Sissi in Crete as we had such an amazing time there the previous year. We chose to stay in the new Castello Boutique Resort hotel - and all I can say is WOW!!
We like to stay in small boutique hotels and have very high expectations, and we were not disappointed with the Castello. On arriving, we were greeted by the friendly reception staff, and taken to our room. We got an extra special treat as we were upgraded to a junior suite with split level. In the room, there was a lovely welcome note, together with a complimentary bottle of wine, platter of fruit and platter of Greek pastries - such a nice touch!
The hotel itself is everything you expect from a 5 star hotel - fantastic facilities, amazing spa (I would definitely recommend trying the spa treatments and special offers - really worth it).
The pool area is immaculate, plenty of sun loungers.
We stayed half board, although ate out most nights at the local tavernas. This is no reflection on the food in the hotel - indeed when we did dine there, it was fantastic, but one of the things we enjoy about the Greek Islands is eating out at the various tavernas.
I would recommend the following tavernas for amazing Greek food:
- Neromilos - 5 mins walk outside the town, amazing, friendly authentic Greek food
- Pink Flamingo, and Mike's Place.
Also try Mamma Mia for a mean Pizza or steak!!
For evening drinks, make sure to check out Peggy Gordon's pub (on the same road as Castello). This is a little Irish pub - the owner Cavan, is the perfect host, and a fantastic musician! Manys a nights fun was had here, plus the live music is a must see!
All in all, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel- so good I've already booked to go back in September!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stylish high-quality design is the hallmark of this deluxe boutique resort, situated in one of the most beautiful and sought-after locations in Crete, the traditional seaside village of Sissi. Recalling a bygone era of gracious living, Castello Boutique Resort & Spa offers the personalized service and amenities required by today's discriminating traveler. Since 2015 Castello Boutique Resort and Spa became adult only hotel and have entered the SLH family- Small Luxury Hotels of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Castello Boutique Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castello Boutique Resort And Spa
- Castello Boutique Hotel Sissi
- Castello Boutique Resort & Spa Crete/Sissi