“best holiday so far” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Sissi
brighouse
“best holiday so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

this is the friendlest place we have ever been to , manos and vasili were fun to be around, and they couldn't do enough for us , The bar and pool areas are always clean and tidy, and the rooms are cleaned daily the cleaner is smashing, a brilliant full English breakfast [big or small] the lady who makes them is smashing too. we stayed in room 117 brilliant views of the sea and the mountains, couldn't get better if we paid extra for them. we will be going back again soon.

Room Tip: all the rooms are great depends what you are looking for
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank susan t

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Greek first
Altofts, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

We have stayed at the Marigianna three times over the past two years. We love it so much we stayed there for eleven days in August 2013 and booked to return straight away in October! The rooms are faultless; they are clean and modern. The rooms are cleaned daily by an amazing lady who always says hello! This friendly atmosphere is the reason we keep going back. We have never stayed anywhere before which has such a strong sense of community. Billy and Manos work very hard every day to maintain the outstanding standard of the hotel and make us feel so welcome. At the Marigianna, nothing is too much! The pool and bar area is a real feature of the hotel with a magnificent view of the mountains (great to wake up to each day!). The Marigianna is a very safe complex and perfect for families. My 8 year old niece always had plenty of other children to play with.

Bad reviews should be ignored. The Marigianna is quiet, pleasant and the perfect place for a relaxing family holiday! Billy and Manos bend over backwards to please their guests and are always happy to help. I have never struggled to sleep due to noise. As a family complex, the music from the bar is a VERY reasonable volume. I personally feel that Billy and Manos cater brilliantly for those who attend the bar at night, as well as those who wish to put their young children to bed. My niece went to bed early every night, and not once did the couples and families enjoying themselves at the bar bother us because we could not hear them!

Sisi is a beautiful place to go on holiday. The Marigianna is a short walk from a large variety of outstanding restaurants and bars, most of which have a view of the harbour. It is also close to a small beach on the harbour. There is also another larger beach which is around a twenty minute walk from Sisi town. We hired a car on our recent visit, which gave us the option to travel Hersonissos and Malia, which are a short car ride away and worth a visit.

I cannot recommend the Marigianna and Sisi strongly enough. Never before have I met so many lovely people in one place. My family and I have made so many good friends in Sisi. If you want a relaxing holiday, in a beautiful place with an amazing community, go to the Marigianna! You will not be disappointed. Billy and Manos, we cannot thank you enough! I can't wait to return next year. Love Laura x

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank lmward29
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Just returned from my third visit here. First went in August 2012 and returned in August 2013 and then had a week break in October. I have just read the review about the noise and this is a HUGE exaggeration! I have been in high season and just now in October and have never experienced such noise! As for the noise travelling from a nightclub down the road is just ridiculous as there is no nightclubs within ear shot. This is an amazing place, quiet and relaxed. I have a little girl and it is the perfect place for families as it is so safe. The review saying it is no good for families is a load of rubbish! I have been many places with my young daughter and this is by far the best! Billy and Manos are fantastic and nothing is too much for them. They are constantly busy keeping all their customers happy. The apartments and pool area are spotless, it really is the cleanest place I've ever been. The rooms are cleaned daily by an amazing cleaning lady and towels are changed often! If you want to have the perfect holiday then listen to the good reviews, people visiting time after time really does speak the truth of this place. Sisi is a lovely place, everyone is friendly and generous. Me and my family have left here feeling like we have made very good friends which is a lovely experience to have from a holiday. We will definitely be returning. Thanks again billy and Manos. Love Katy and maddy x

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Katymads
whitby
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We were driven out by the full blast music! Do not believe the reviews that refer to the peace and quiet of these apartments. After our first 2 quiet and peaceful nights, a large group arrived and their non stop party began. The music blared out full blast day and night. We ended up having to go out to escape the noise. My husband has tinnitus, so found the shrieking and shouting unbearable. The music did not stop until 12.30am. As we went on holiday to rest and relax after a busy B&B season we were very disappointed. Some guests were there with young children and were also not very happy about the loud music being played so late at night. The loud music did stop after the large noisy group left. Our first week was total hell and we almost moved out.

Our apartment was on the ground floor next to a pump which came on at 2 minute intervals all evening, so there was still noise during our 2nd week.

For the first time ever, we made the wrong choice with Greek accommodation (and even saw our first cockroach on our balcony!)

WE are easy to please and do not look for fault, but for us, this was the worst Greek accommodation we have ever stayed in, and that includes some very basic studios that we have loved.

The apartment was filled with a single bed and bunk beds and windows did not shut properly. It was dark and dingy inside.

It was clean, but dead flies could have been removed from bathroom tiles and doors were rather sticky. The towels needed a good boil wash or decent detergent as they were rather grey looking as was the bed linen.

I would suggest that anyone who needs a quiet holiday does not stay here or anywhere nearby. The sound travels. The Cotton Night club up the road also had some very noisy nights. Choose the eastern side of town for a quieter stay.

Sissi is lovely, lots of great places to eat, and fantastic people in the resort. There is wonderful scenery and miles of good walking. Unfortunately we chose the wrong place to stay. The day we were leaving, on the dot at 10am, the cleaner was instructed to knock on our door to tell us to leave the room!! We had already taken our cases out and were doing a last minute check!
I really wish we had not taken so much notice of all the good reviews, because that influenced our decision.

Room Tip: Top floor at the back to try to get away from the noise. The ground floor works like a concrete amp...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank prettypeacock
Essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I came for the first time in July, I have always said that I would not return anywhere a second time due to there being so many places to see. when I came in July I was so impressed by the whole experience I wanted to come back and came back with a group of friends. Th first time I visited most of the guests were people that had stayed several times before and I can see why. Billy and Manos have it perfect, really welcoming, professional and passionate about the service, food and accomodation that they provide. I have come away feeling like they are also friends. I am not alone all guests that I have spoken to on both visits have said they will definitely return. I will be going back. Sissi is beautiful little harbour that gives you a real Greek feel that is warm, quaint and friendly. Thank you billy and Manos for one of the best holidays of my life.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sally R
Wareside, Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

Just returned from a week's holiday. Billy and Manos give their guests 100% commitment to ensure that their high standards are maintained throughout your stay. The apartments are clean and comfortable. The pool area which includes a swim up bar is beautifully maintained. The beach and Sissi is a short walk away and the local taverna and restaurants are in abundance. There is also a very well equipped supermarket within 2 mins walk. It was very reassuring that most of the guests we met had either been recommended to the resort or were repeat visitors. We will certainly be returning!.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Fakenham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was my 2nd time at these apartments this year and was again fantastic, the attention to detail and the service we received was fabulous. Billy and Manos work so hard to make it a wonderful holiday. The pool, bar and accommodation is of a very high standard and the staff just cannot do enough for you. I would recommend this to anyone, in our group we had ages from 22 to 76 and everyone enjoyed every minute in the pleasant setting, I will defiantly return again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends