“Yet again another fantastic stay at MariGianna Apartments, Sissi, Crete”

MariGianna Apartments
Ranked #2 of 14 Specialty Lodging in Sissi
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Here we are again, cold wet miserable and wish we were back in Sissi already. Writing another excellent review for Manos and Billy and their wonderful apartments and hospitality, we have gone back to MariGianna Apartments for a few years now and they always welcome you as though you are a family member. I love the apartments here and I loved the apartments a few years back very rustic and cretan before the refurbishment, one thing you can always say they are spotless and Manos and Billy look after you so very well. We met a lot of lovely people and had alot of laughs round the bar especially with Billy and his dressing up antics!!! Extra case for us next year as the kilt weighs a ton. Thanks again to you both (keep the flags flying).

Mary, Edinburgh.

Room Tip: We had a little smaller room this time but had a great balcony, all rooms that we have had here have...
1  Thank Maltese088
There are newer reviews for MariGianna Apartments

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Had a lovely week at Marigianna - the apartment was lovely and clean as was the pool. By going in September we wanted to avoid lots of schoolchildren and we werent disappointed as you virtually had the pool to yourself. In the evenings it was nice to mix with the other guests and sit by the pool bar where Billy kept everyone entertained.
All in all a very good holiday.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Haze E
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Marigianna and can only confirm the positive reviews, these apartments are lovely. Exceptionally clean and you can see how much pride Manos and Billy have in keeping them nice and pleasing their guests. Billy is a good laugh and always up for a wind up. We could not fault these apartments. Sissi is a lovely picturesque resort with lots of tavernas and shops but no wild bars or places serving "Sunday Roasts". Swimming in the harbour from the man made beach was lovely, we split our time between the pool and the beach. All in all this was a perfect choice of apartments in a central location in Sissi and we would have no hesitation in recommending these. Like many reviews on this site, we will be looking to return. Thank you Manos and Billy for such lovely comfortable accommodation, to Claire for the breakfasts and to the cleaning lady who was always smiling.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We just came back from 13 brilliant days at Marigianna, and I seriously can't recommend it enough! Manos and Billy work their butts off, and do everything they can for you. The pool is great, the rooms very clean, modern, with great showers. (good water pressure can be hard to find around Greece sometimes!)

Billy and Manos make you feel extremely welcome from moment one! I know a lot of people have said they want to come back here, and at first I was a bit sceptic, because I never like to stay in one hotel more than once. I have to say though, even if it is a cliche, I can now totally understand why. We are already looking to go back next year, that's how much we liked it!

Because we went late september, there were no children around, as school had already started. From what I hear there's quite a lot of families in high season, and I must say the hotel is wel equipped for children with a large grass area, children pool, and play area. We however liked the quiet of the late season, and even though we were the youngest people there by far, it was really not an issue. Evenings at the bar were highly entertaining, and Billy makes killer Mojito's!

Sisi itself is nice and busy, yet not completely commercialised like you would find Greece in the big cities. It's a small fisher's village and still reasonably traditional. A lot of Greek people can be found in the restaurants and on the beaches, which I always take for a good sign! Foodwise Neromylos is a good suggestion. Brilliant home cooked food, for really good prices! It's a big of a trek (20 minute walk) but cheap to get to by taxi, and well worth it!

We are definitely coming back next year, possibly dragging some other people with us! My Dutch flag better still be hanging there Billy!

Many thanks for a fantastic time from Laura and Bill

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views, basement rooms, and some of the first floor rooms are quite dark, b...
2  Thank Iamfromholland
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I found this little gem by surfing the web for somewhere in Crete and I am so glad that this was my choice. The apartments are brilliantly run by Manos and son Billy with help from lovely Claire who makes a fab English breakfast, Luis who helps out Manos and Billy doing jobs around the apartments, and a very smiley cleaning lady who keeps the apartments spotless. During the day it was so relaxing with plenty of sunbeds and a pool big enough to have your own space and in the evenings Billy kept everybody entertained at the pool bar with his great sense of humour. The harbour is a few minutes walk away with lots of good restaurants and bars overlooking the water, just beautiful! There were guests at the apartments who have returned year after year and I can see why, we will definitely be going back and look forward to another holiday at this lovely place.

2  Thank Paula J
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Having just returned from a weeks stay at Marigianna I would like to say AVOID room 104 at all costs. It is a very dark basement room with the most uncomfortable bed ever - a built in concrete base with a rock hard mattress! I asked for a mattress topper but it never arrived. ( we believe the only room not recently refurbished. I did go in a first floor room which was lovely, very modern). Sheets were not changed all week and towels changed only when I asked!
However the whole place is kept spotlessly clean by one cleaner. The English lady who serves breakfast is friendly & knowledgable about Crete.We met some lovely people & had a good time at the bar every night with Billy who makes everyone welcome & is great fun. We had some great meals at various restaurants but our favourite by far was Neromilos. An absolute must. A bit of a trek but well worth it & so cheap!! Make sure you book....the only restaurant that is packed every night.

Room Tip: Basement rooms are very dark.
3  Thank marianne_lewis1
Reviewed September 5, 2012

just returned from 2 weeks at marigianna, had a lovely time , relaxed , clean , lovely people , cant ask for any more . Manos,Billy,Luis,Claire(does breakfast) & the lovely cleaning lady all work so hard to make it a lovely place to stay . The grassed area has waspy things in the morning which did bother me at first but i got used to them (which is amazing for me as i am paranoid about them !)
we were in one of the higher apartments so we had a good outlook onto the sea at the front then the mountains at the back .
We found some lovely places to walk , lovely places to eat & drink and will return at some point .
we hired a car from opposite marigianna at "newline" . we went to visit other places we had previously stayed and also went over to spinalonga .
as always it was sad to leave to come home when the holiday has been good...there are always some negative comments but I cant actually think of anything that bothered us . :)

Room Tip: we had 118, nice to be able to see some of the sea and people walking past the main road (the marigi...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family