TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Very well done NPS Property.

Reviewed September 23, 2019
Frank D
Indiana
Great Rangers

Reviewed September 22, 2019
doublenaturelover
Kissimmee, Florida
via mobile

All reviews his mother visitor center working farm formative years his life living history boyhood home grew up short movie early life period clothing grave site the national park service historic farm the junior ranger program live animals welcome center
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2019

I didn't really have any expectations for my stop at LBNM, but was very pleasantly surprised by what I found there. I did the Visitor Center first and there is really good information about Lincoln's time in Indiana. There is even some items from the Lincolns that you can see. I did not do the presentation, but did check out the rooms that are in the Visitor Center. I then walked up to the Flag and down the trail to Nancy Lincoln's grave site. I was going to walk back and drive to the Lincoln Farm, but decided to just walk it. It was in the 90's and humid, but I managed. Take bug spray (I didn't) and water with you in the summer. The hike is down into a valley and back up again.
The farm was really cool. There was a guy dressed up in period attire and he had a lot of information about the house and area. The recreation of the house is right by the actual location, which has a stone outline and fire place. It is walled off and sits below you so you can see it. Back at the recreation, there are barns, fields, gardens (I was given a zucchini) and fenced areas. There were chickens in the chicken coupe. It was all very well done. I even got to look up into the attic area by climbing peg stairs.
I made the very short hike to the spring, just to check it off my list of things to see. Then I hiked all the way back and purchased a few things from the gift shop. My usual Hiking Medallion and magnets. It's easily a couple hour stop.

Reviewed September 22, 2019 via mobile

Easy to get around. No hills. Learned more about President Lincoln than I evet learned in school. Beautiful Memorial to Mr. Lincoln. My second visit was filled with information. Born and raised in Indiana, your never to old to learn. Taught this ole dog.

Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

Went on a day trip with my sister. The grounds are amazing. We walked the trail past the cemetery to the Lincoln farmstead. On the return to the visitor center, we walked the trail of 12 stones. The park has gathered bricks and stones from places that were important to Abraham Lincoln. I was most impressed with the stone from the spot where Lincoln stood when he delivered the Gettysburg Address...VERY nice trail in excellent condition. The entrance is free but donations can be given at the visitor center. While leaving the area, we saw 2 deer. One was a piebald deer. The body was white and the head was brown. I had to look the deer up on the internet because I had never seen one before...really interesting!

Reviewed September 2, 2019

It was impressive walking the same grounds as the Lincoln's. The entirety of their 80 acres are preserved with a phenomenal replica house and out buildings. The cemetary with Abraham's mother's grave was also a highlight. Plenty of parking available and no cost.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 5, 2019

I love to stop at national memorials, historic sites, parks . . . and this was a pleasant spot. Friendly staff, and the building is attractive. The movie focuses on the years Lincoln spent in Indiana, from age 7-21. There's a working farm that illustrates the life Lincoln would have been leading in the early 19th century. Nancy Hanks Lincoln, the president's mother, is buried here also. All in all, a good stop. Across the street in Lincoln State Park is a beautiful memorial to the years Lincoln lived here, and a trail leads to the church site where he was sexton and the cemetery where his sister is buried.

Date of experience: August 2019