TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
2nd visit in 10 years and still rewarding

Second time to visit. Perfect day for taking the trail walk down the the Lincoln replica log home... read more

Reviewed October 8, 2019
mjb60
Indianapolis, Indiana
Very well done NPS Property.

I didn't really have any expectations for my stop at LBNM, but was very pleasantly surprised by... read more

Reviewed September 23, 2019
Frank D
Indiana

All reviews his mother visitor center working farm formative years his life living history boyhood home grew up short movie early life period clothing grave site the national park service historic farm the junior ranger program live animals welcome center
Selected filters
Reviewed September 17, 2019 via mobile

Went on a day trip with my sister. The grounds are amazing. We walked the trail past the cemetery to the Lincoln farmstead. On the return to the visitor center, we walked the trail of 12 stones. The park has gathered bricks and stones from places that were important to Abraham Lincoln. I was most impressed with the stone from the spot where Lincoln stood when he delivered the Gettysburg Address...VERY nice trail in excellent condition. The entrance is free but donations can be given at the visitor center. While leaving the area, we saw 2 deer. One was a piebald deer. The body was white and the head was brown. I had to look the deer up on the internet because I had never seen one before...really interesting!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019

It was impressive walking the same grounds as the Lincoln's. The entirety of their 80 acres are preserved with a phenomenal replica house and out buildings. The cemetary with Abraham's mother's grave was also a highlight. Plenty of parking available and no cost.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 5, 2019

I love to stop at national memorials, historic sites, parks . . . and this was a pleasant spot. Friendly staff, and the building is attractive. The movie focuses on the years Lincoln spent in Indiana, from age 7-21. There's a working farm that illustrates the life Lincoln would have been leading in the early 19th century. Nancy Hanks Lincoln, the president's mother, is buried here also. All in all, a good stop. Across the street in Lincoln State Park is a beautiful memorial to the years Lincoln lived here, and a trail leads to the church site where he was sexton and the cemetery where his sister is buried.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed June 26, 2019

Our family has now been to every place that Lincoln ever lived for an extended period of time. This was on our list, and I'm glad we finally got here. A beautiful area, and just thinking of Abraham Lincoln during his formative years in this place is inspirational. His mother's grave is somber, but placed on a beautiful walk. The staff is helpful, the site is gorgeous, the history is overwhelming.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 22, 2019

This monument to Lincoln was most interesting to me as it was a time capsule. It was build in 1943 and very little was changed since then. I wouldn't recommend you drive far out-of-your-way to see it. But, it is a calm and peaceful stop.

Date of experience: May 2019