“Very educational”

Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial
More attraction details
Owner description: Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial hosts the site of the farm where the 16th president of the U.S. spent the majority of his youth.
Reviewed 1 week ago

We stopped here after visiting the Lincoln State Park across the street. We went to the museum first and saw all the Lincoln and Lincoln family items. We watched a short 15-20 minute video about his life in a small theater they have there, which I thought was going to be boring, but I'm glad we sat down to watch it. We all learned something from it. We chose not to walk the 1/2 mile to the Lincoln home site and reenactment area. Maybe if we ever visit the area again, we will visit that area. I'm glad we made this a part of our vacation.

All reviews
"historical sites"
in 3 reviews
"holiday world"
in 11 reviews
"the junior ranger program"
in 5 reviews
"great site"
"historical farm"
in 7 reviews
"buried here"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Quickly stopped here right before closing time. Lots of history! Abraham Lincoln's father's farm site with the monument of the actual foundation of their cabin, Abraham Lincoln's mother's grave, and the reenactors demonstrating what life would have been during the time Abraham Lincoln would have been living at that location. The monument itself is a gorgeous structure nestled in the Indiana forest as well.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was my families first time visiting Lincoln's boyhood home, we were impressed. The museum was built in 1941 by the Civilian Conservation Corp, which is impressive.
Plan on wearing comfortable walking shoes.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We were there at the end of the day when things were being shut down. The park ranger allowed my kids and myself to help lower and fold the flag at the largest flagpole in Indiana. My kids earlier got to feed the animals and help coral them for the evening. What a free place to visit and yes you can make donations. If you are any history buff, then I would make the trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

THIS IS A FREE and FABULOUS activity. Each member of our family of 5 ranging in age from 9-49 thoroughly enjoyed our time at this national memorial. The facility is top notch and in a beautiful setting. The onsite movie and museum highlighted Lincoln's youth and young adulthood in an elightening way. The living history aspect of the cabin was educational and entertaining. The guide, a male who indicated he had worked there for 25 years, did a fabulous job engaging the entire family. We even got to help him shear Bernie the sheep. :) I have already been recommending this olace to others.