“Worth the stop”

Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial
More attraction details
Owner description: Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial hosts the site of the farm where the 16th president of the U.S. spent the majority of his youth.
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

I love our National Park System, and this Park is no exception. At the visitor center I found a very knowledgeable and forthcoming park ranger. He was a delight. He chatted me up for 30 minutes, answered all my questions, discussed Lincoln lore beyond his assignment. The film was worth the time and was narrated by Leonard Nimoy, “Live long and prosper.” The grounds are well-kept and clean, as you would expect. The park also has a reconstructed farmstead with cabin, carpentry shop, and animal enclosures on the original Lincoln property. Interesting. In the summer the homestead reconstruction has interpreters, which is a great addition.

1  Thank cegtravel1
"national park service"
"period clothing"
"historic farm"
in 5 reviews
"the junior ranger program"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this attraction"
"welcome center"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed October 4, 2017

I only had a time to stop and see the site where his cabin once stood. But being able to see that was very cool. Just knowing that this is where Lincoln grew up, to eventually become such a hero, was surreal. This makes the second Lincoln site I have seen, his Springfield, IL home being the other (which I would also recommend seeing). This site, like his Springfield home, is kept up nicely. If I had more time, I would have stopped at the visitor center as well.

I stopped here on the way home from Kentucky, but noticed that it is only about 10 minutes away from Holiday World in Santa Clause. This would be a great road side attraction on your way to or from Holiday World.

Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Located in Lincoln City, Indiana this is a fascinating experience. Abraham Lincoln lived here from age 7-21. This is where his mother & sister died. His mother, Nancy is buried here & you can learn all about her poisonous death. Here you will find a living historical farm & visitors center. The outside of the center has beautiful reliefs carved on it. Inside you will see memorabilia & an actual cabinet that Lincoln's father made. There are also two large "halls". President Kennedy signed the proclamation to make this Indiana's first National Park.

Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

The Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial is one of the less impressive historic sites. It is a pay park. $10 per family. It consists of a small museum the with two wings and an outside park area where the cabin he lived in location is laid out.