Review Highlights

Nice smaller state park.

Reviewed June 2, 2019
shrngoss
Indianapolis, Indiana

All reviews boyhood home nature center holiday world paddle boats and canoes santa claus fire tower picnic area nice picnic bath house entrance fee baptist church amphitheater cabin camping sites jones colonel
Selected filters
Reviewed July 1, 2019

I have been going ther4e since a kid I am now 55 and thought it was time to tell about Lincoln state park in Lincoln City, IN, The staff for the most part is OK but driving through the campsites every 10 mins just to see if there was an extra vehicle on the site you rent is stupid my daughter came up in her car and told them she would be unloading they said 20mins OK fine but then 5 mins later came through telling her to move, not only her but everywhere in the campsites and with toddlers and their gear they no how to rush people, The bath house and combo restrooms are push button showers after all these years upgrade will you they need to install exhaust fans in them you cant even breath with all the steam from the showers the is no ventilation but windows no air moving and hot as fire in there at all but a lot of Indiana's state parks are like that as well and shame on them. you better watch out on the wet floors also its like skating on ice. The park is clean and bathrooms cleaned once a day like most but the harassing of campers for parking is ridiculous wasting resources on that is stupid no need to patrol that often. With a park Named after a famous President it should be a lot nicer they get a lot of money from the campers not to upgrade the restrooms once in a while. it is close to Santa Claus for families going there and they have a lake for swimming . Not sure if ill go camping there again or not the park manager needs to experience his or her restrooms in the park

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 6, 2019

My husband and I enjoy visiting Indiana State Parks. When we visited this one , we noticed how clean it was. We went on a day that it wasnt very busy. The picnic area was clean and lawn looked well maintained. My husband and I really enjoyed the beautiful lake. I enjoyed taking a kayak out on the lake. The beach house and beach itself was clean and beautiful. We also visited the National side and loved visiting the farm area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a great visit!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019

Came on a rainy weekday with not many people around. The beach and lake looked very nice. The have a nice sized amphitheatre with a huge parking lot. We checked out the family cabins which were okay but we felt they were all too close together. There are several nice picnic areas.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 28, 2019

This is a good park, nice lake and beach. The campsites are small, not very shaded and on top of each other. The shower house needs regular cleaning and hot water updates.It is a good distance to Holiday World, so that's why we use it.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed March 9, 2019

I will qualify this review. It is just from an out of state person with an interest in history just driving through's perspective. This park does have recreational activities, picnic areas and even an amphitheater from what I have read so some other's persons interest in the park may be totally different from mine. The whole issue I have is this is right next to the Lincoln Boyhood National Park site and this park is money grubbers so I am calling that out for people with similar interests to mine to beware

I refused to go this time because they wanted a $9 admission fee regardless of why you are entering. It was November for goodness sake and nothing else was open in the park unless you want to hike in the cold I guess.

Lincoln's sister, Sarah Lincoln, has her grave in the park and there is a memorial to Lincoln there as well. Unfortunately Sarah's final resting place is held hostage while you can give your respects to the rest of the Lincoln family for free. That is the principle involved. This park needs to work with the National Park site and allow some accommodation to those who just to give a quick visit to the historical areas and then leave.

Date of experience: November 2018