Review Highlights
Family park and Lincoln historic site

This Indiana state park has two main values--a destination for families and a destination for those... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Leslie W
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Interesting State Park

Reviewed June 6, 2019
kathylewis47421
Bloomington, Indiana

All reviews boyhood home nature center holiday world paddle boats and canoes santa claus fire tower picnic area nice picnic bath house entrance fee baptist church amphitheater cabin camping sites jones colonel
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2019

My husband and I enjoy visiting Indiana State Parks. When we visited this one , we noticed how clean it was. We went on a day that it wasnt very busy. The picnic area was clean and lawn looked well maintained. My husband and I really enjoyed the beautiful lake. I enjoyed taking a kayak out on the lake. The beach house and beach itself was clean and beautiful. We also visited the National side and loved visiting the farm area. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a great visit!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 2, 2019

Came on a rainy weekday with not many people around. The beach and lake looked very nice. The have a nice sized amphitheatre with a huge parking lot. We checked out the family cabins which were okay but we felt they were all too close together. There are several nice picnic areas.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed May 28, 2019

This is a good park, nice lake and beach. The campsites are small, not very shaded and on top of each other. The shower house needs regular cleaning and hot water updates.It is a good distance to Holiday World, so that's why we use it.

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed March 9, 2019

I will qualify this review. It is just from an out of state person with an interest in history just driving through's perspective. This park does have recreational activities, picnic areas and even an amphitheater from what I have read so some other's persons interest in the park may be totally different from mine. The whole issue I have is this is right next to the Lincoln Boyhood National Park site and this park is money grubbers so I am calling that out for people with similar interests to mine to beware

I refused to go this time because they wanted a $9 admission fee regardless of why you are entering. It was November for goodness sake and nothing else was open in the park unless you want to hike in the cold I guess.

Lincoln's sister, Sarah Lincoln, has her grave in the park and there is a memorial to Lincoln there as well. Unfortunately Sarah's final resting place is held hostage while you can give your respects to the rest of the Lincoln family for free. That is the principle involved. This park needs to work with the National Park site and allow some accommodation to those who just to give a quick visit to the historical areas and then leave.

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed October 28, 2018 via mobile

Well marked trails & paper map included in $7 admission. Few other hikers on the trails, no car sounds for miles. Love this park all year but off-season is paradise.

Date of experience: October 2018