“Great Brisket and Pork” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Great Brisket and Pork”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I stop at Hartland probably 1-2 times per month for lunch. Their brisket, pork and chicken sandwiches are all very good. The meat is well cooked and smoked just enough to give some flavor without overwhelming the food. The smoked sausage is also very tasty, but can be a little greasy.

The sides are limited - chips, green beans, cornbread, coleslaw, baked beans and potato salad. The baked beans are the star here. They are very unique - there are small bits of apple in the beans. It is a little odd at first, but they are delicious.

I've tried the ribs a couple times and they are decent, but the star is the brisket. Very tender and flavorful. Well worth a stop for affordable, delicious BBQ. The owner is on site often and he is a great guy.

• Visited May 2014

“Amazing Brisket!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

We came here after hearing a lot about it! We loved it! The brisket sandwich was so delicious! I loved the hot sauce! The cornbread was good, the potato salad was amazing, overall it was great!

This is a simple place with a simple menu, so don't expect anything fancy! You know it's real because their smoker is out front! Staff was all very nice!

• Visited March 2014
Minneota, Mn.
“Would never go back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were very hungry for some good BBQ and saw an ad for this place in our hotel. The desk clerk said it was the best in Omaha. If this was the best, I would hate to eat the worst! My husband and I both ordered half a slab of the ribs. We also ordered two sides. He ordered baked beans and slaw and I ordered slaw and potatoe salad. The ribs were very tough and hard to eat. The slaw and potatoe salad were almost inedible. My husband said the beans were ok but not great. We paid over $30 for this meal and I thought that was quite high. If it had been good, I wouldn't have thought much about the price. The staff was very friendly, but that's all it had going for it. Very disappointing.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Solomons Island, Maryland
“Excellent BBQ in Omaha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had the opportunity to enjoy the BBQ during my visit to Omaha. The brisket and pulled pork were excellent. I enjoyed the baked beans, they prepared differently and reflected all the food was “home made.” I knew I was in the right place when I pulled up to the restaurant and noticed the line coming out the door! Definitely worth the trip when in town.

• Visited September 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“A Great Discovery While Visiting for the CWS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Happened to find this restaurant while searching for another...and so happy we did! From the warm welcome to the food quality to the easy conversation with other diners, this experience was a trip highlight. We enjoyed the brisket, pork sandwiches and the creamy cucumbers and baked beans were delights from the past that we enjoyed tasting again! Casual. Affordable. Yummy! We'll make this a stop each CWS.

Visited June 2013