“Would never go back”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We were very hungry for some good BBQ and saw an ad for this place in our hotel. The desk clerk said it was the best in Omaha. If this was the best, I would hate to eat the worst! My husband and I both ordered half a slab of the ribs. We also ordered two sides. He ordered baked beans and slaw and I ordered slaw and potatoe salad. The ribs were very tough and hard to eat. The slaw and potatoe salad were almost inedible. My husband said the beans were ok but not great. We paid over $30 for this meal and I thought that was quite high. If it had been good, I wouldn't have thought much about the price. The staff was very friendly, but that's all it had going for it. Very disappointing.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had the opportunity to enjoy the BBQ during my visit to Omaha. The brisket and pulled pork were excellent. I enjoyed the baked beans, they prepared differently and reflected all the food was “home made.” I knew I was in the right place when I pulled up to the restaurant and noticed the line coming out the door! Definitely worth the trip when in town.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Happened to find this restaurant while searching for another...and so happy we did! From the warm welcome to the food quality to the easy conversation with other diners, this experience was a trip highlight. We enjoyed the brisket, pork sandwiches and the creamy cucumbers and baked beans were delights from the past that we enjoyed tasting again! Casual. Affordable. Yummy! We'll make this a stop each CWS.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I love brisket and Hartland delivers the best chopped brisket I have had in Nebraska. The double meat brisket sandwich with some of their KC bbq sauce is fantastic. There is no fat on the meat which is a big factor for me (not for calorie counting, but for taste). You can get a double meat sandwich, potato salad and a drink for around $10.00. You will leave full. The bbq chicken is my second favorite meat at Hartland. Moist and melts in your mouth. The baked beans, green beans and corn bread are also good. Service is always great.

3  Thank AlexanderDelarge
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had a nice lunch at Hartland BBQ. I ordered the brisket sandwich which was loaded with brisket and added my some tangy BBQ sauce. It was not as lean as I would like, but was able to pull off the excess fat. The meat was tender and not too chewy. The sauce was tangy and not too sweet. I have had lots of BBQ in KC and Texas which is better than what Hartland offers, but it is still a good place to hit over lunch. Service is very friendly.

1  Thank AlexanderDelarge

Been to Hartland BBQ? Share your experiences!