“Good BBQ...”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had a nice lunch at Hartland BBQ. I ordered the brisket sandwich which was loaded with brisket and added my some tangy BBQ sauce. It was not as lean as I would like, but was able to pull off the excess fat. The meat was tender and not too chewy. The sauce was tangy and not too sweet. I have had lots of BBQ in KC and Texas which is better than what Hartland offers, but it is still a good place to hit over lunch. Service is very friendly.

1  Thank AlexanderDelarge

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was my first visit to Hartland BBQ and it was worth the trip. I had their 3-bone rib lunch with a couple of sides. The meat was excellent quality, smoked correctly and darn tasty. They have three tomato sauces - sweet, KC (tastes like KC Masterpiece) and hot as well as Carolina vinegar sauce. The sauces are pretty average but not really needed on the ribs, Their sides are huge. I loved their baked beans which have pieces of green peppers and apple slices. Service was quick and friendly. I'll go back.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Drove 20 min out of our way to eat here. Nothing special. Food was cold and average. We love BBQs and frequent them often so were excited to try some real Nebraska beef. Staff was very friendly and the BBQ sauces were yummy, but meat was fatty and average. Cold cornbread in a baggy comes with your meal. Baked beans were good and had large slices of apples in them. Unusual but tasty beans. Not worth the drive.

1  Thank SpencerClan
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This is one of our favorite places for BBQ. The meat is excellent. Hartland BBQ has been consistently great every time!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The food is fairly good. The service stinks. I believe the lady behind the counter tonight, July 27th, had actually lapsed in to a coma. It is the only way a human being could move that slowly. We had stopped for takeout. After 10 minutes, and the line not moving AT ALL. We left. There are other, better places, that will get you in and out in the same lifetime! Try Jim's Rib Haven for delicious ribs in the Benson area, or downtown go to Smoke Pit.

Been to Hartland BBQ? Share your experiences!