“nice hotel”

Ranked #77 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
phoenix
“nice hotel”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Found this hotel at the last minute online and stayed for three nights staff was friendly quiet rooms and nice people If you want a cheap & cheerful place to stay in the heart of Nice, this is the place for you I was hugely apprehensive about this hotel - a last-minute bargain and the cheapest hotel of our trip Clean cool small but functional bathroom, comfortable bed - we could not have asked for more for the price we paid

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Salina, KS
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed at this hotel because the photos they posted made it look like a respectable place. As it turns out the place is much more run-down than the pictures would have you believe. Those pictures must have been taken ten years ago because this place is no where near the quality I was expecting when I arrived.

Also when I checked in I asked about the pool and the front desk person told me that it was not in service due to 'scheduled maintenance,' but when I asked how long it had been down the clerk told me it had really been down for more than a year, and that the city had forced them to closed it down and actually condemned that part of the hotel!

Dont let the photos fool you into thinking this is a nice place, because it's not!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Marsha F
Queens, NY
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is litteraly the skeeziest hotel I've ever been in. The place is dirty and ill-maintained, and there are all sorts of undesirables hanging out there all night long. One girl walked through the lobby in a hoochie dress with her cell phone in her hand. From the looks of her, she was a hooker. I saw her walk back out the door fourty-five minutes later. I also felt the need to go and check on my car through out the night just to make sure it hadnt been stolen. This place has the same quality of guests as a homeless shelter.

STAY AWAY!!! THERE ARE BETTER PLACES TO STAY!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Randy W
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed two nights and had several complaints. The rooms themselves were relatively clean, but pretty run down (cigarette holes in the box spring, broken closet doors, crooked shelves in the closet, etc). While the air conditioner was turned off when we arrived, meaning our immediate first impression involved a 90 degree room, the air conditioners worked well and seemed to be one of the newest things in the room. The entire had a drop ceiling and a big florescent lamp over the beds. The rooms would have been okay, but the clientele was scary. There were scantily dressed women roaming around out side the hotel near the restaurant/bar that was connected, the distinct smell of pot in the hallway, car sirens going off in the morning, and more than a few tenants living there on a permanent basis. To top it all off, the first morning there was a bat in the hallway and the "hot breakfast" consisted of some bagels and Eggo waffles. I would not stay there again, no matter how cheap the rate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank FargoTraveler_5
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! There were 10 of us in our group, we had 3 rooms. Only one room was trouble free. My room had a toilet running all night. My mother's room had black mold hiding under the pictures hanging on the wall. The pool was closed for reconstruction. We never did find the restaurant! There was a "bar and lounge" but we got absolutely no service when we visited it. I wouldn't reccommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cindy m
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I booked a stay at the Carlisle Hotel from May 4-May 6 2012. When I arrived at the hotel I was informed that the hot water heater was not working. I was promised a reduced rate or a refund if I didn't check in. I stayed one night since all the hotels in Omaha were booked that night because of the Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting. The hotel looks like it was the set of a 1960s horror movie. The pillows were lumpy and the sheets were ancient. I was not given a refund for the night that I did not stay at the hotel.

I also spent $80 on roaming changes talking to Expedia trying to get a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Matthew G
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The first ten minutes i was their i found a bug in my room. so i killed it and show it to the workers at the desk they just moved me in a different room and didn't say sorry or do anything about it. we had a formal in their conference room so i had to stay at the hotel for the night or i would of stayed some where else. plus the food at the conference room was horrible and horrible service.

Room Tip: their are no good rooms at this hotel.