“Its worth what you pay for it.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westmont Inn & Suites

Westmont Inn & Suites
Ranked #74 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Atlanta, Georgia
“Its worth what you pay for it.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Ive stayed here 6 seperate times in the last 4 years, and I can see why people have complained. Its true this hotel has issues and is probably struggling to stay in business. Thats why the rooms are slowly being renovated and the hallways and facilities aren't at the moment. But, the staff have always been extremely friendly and helpful, and the price was always low enough for me to overlook lots of old tired decor and general rundown look. My experiences have always been that the room was clean and comfortable, the tv, internet and shower were fine, and the pool was nice especially for the low prices and the location. In my line of work Ive stayed in everything from 5 star hotels down to tents in the Iraqi desert, so I can appreciate a place for whats its doing right as well as wrong. I say give this place a try especially if you have kids who want to enjoy the indoor pool. But if theres anything you dont like, bring it up right away and I believe they will bend over backwards to keep you happy.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is usually quieter.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

My family and I had to go to Omaha for family Trip, and we called around to hotels in the west Omaha area. The rates that we were quoted by the Carlisle was the most reasonable.
We stayed for 3 nights and found the our stay very enjoyable! The staff was very friendly and obliging, our room was spacious and decorated nicely. We swam in their heated indoor pool every chance that we got! My young son and daughter loved that part the most! ;)

My wife and I especially enjoyed the breakfast. It saved us from having to gather the children and trudge out into the rain just to eat. When we arrived we were greeted by Troy, he helped us take our bags to our room and great at giving us directions to local attractions!

The young lady behind the desk was Sandra, and she was fantastic at giving us a speedy check in and making sure we were comfortable.

We are going back to Omaha for Christmas time and we already made our reservation at the Carlisle!

If if you are looking for a great value with old world style hospitality then myself and my family recommended checking out this family orientated atmosphere of the Carlisle hotel!

-The Morgans
Sarasota, FL.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Decatur, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2011

Myself and my child lived at this hotel while waiting to close on some property. The staff was friendly, and went out of there way. My daughter had a visit from santa I don't think she will ever forget. THANKS CARLISLE STAFF! It was clean. The only real complaint I would have is that the pool area was to cool for me, but my daughter had a great time. I had free internet, cable, and always had hot water. It is a budget hotel and it is older. If you want to stay in a new hotel then stay in a new hotel and pay a lot more money. I am sure I will stay in this hotel again in the near future. Personally I want to thank the Carlisle staff.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
carlislehotel01, Manager at Westmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very happy to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay at the Carlisle Hotel at the beginning of the year. The hotel has been going through many positive changes the last 5 months (including management, staff and maintenance of the hotel). Customer satisfaction is our number one priority. I have happily taken on the role as office manager and wish to express to you, and all viewers of this site, that the hotel and its staff strive to exceed the expectations of our customers. We look forward to the return of previous guests and welcome new guests to the Carlisle Hotel.

Thank you, we appreciate our guests!!
Becky Gintonio, management and staff
St. Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2010

I hope they've made some changes or closed down because this place was bad. I had to stay here while working as everything else was booked up for the College World Series. It was filthy. The carpet was sticky. The walls were dirty. There was no hot water on the first morning. The fitness center was really just a collection of garage sale looking equipment from the 1970s. To top it off, there is a pretty raunchy looking night club attached to the building called "Da'Boom".

I've done some traveling in remote parts of Asia and South America. I've found those places to be far better than The Carlisle.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank PatandChanni
tampa, fl
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

I booked a group of people here during the College World Series and unfortunately it was the only option under $100/night which was our budget. I can see now that it would have been better to have let our crew sleep in rental cars than to have had them stay here. There were bugs in the beds (visible ones), markings on walls, beer smell, no ice maker...had an igloo cooler marked with FREE ICE in the lobby. Carpet in room was so gross...wore shoes constantly (even in showers). Two of my crew had bed bugs for over a week after their 3-night stay----they had the scabs to prove it.

This hotel misprepresented itself on the website and I would not recommend it to ANYONE..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank lauren0681
carlislehotel01, Manager at Westmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2010
Dear guest,

I'm sorry to hear about your displeasure with your stay with us at The Carlisle Hotel during the College World Series this year. The hotel was in a transition period at the time, which I'm sure you witnessed was a very busy time indeed; and I can assure you that the management team and staff are focused on going above and beyond in delivering customer satisfaction. I hope that we may have the good fortune to prove ourselves as the professional and caring hospitality team that we are; and that our property will be granted the opportunity to meet your satisfaction in cleanliness and comfort. Thank you for your comments.

Warmest regards,
The Carlisle Hotel management and staff
Minnesota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

The website for the hotel is deceiving! The workers were RUDE and UNPLEASANT! Rooms had DIRTY Pillows, BLOOD stains on sheets, blankets had HOLES, and the room floor was DISGUSTING! DID NOT have CLEAN TOWELS OR CLEAN SHEETS! TREATED GUESTS like DOGS! This hotel is a place where hobos live.

• Stayed March 2010
2 Thank jenny5579
carlislehotel01, Manager at Westmont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 13, 2010
Dear guest,

We are sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay, and that you found the hotel's website "deceiving." I can assure you that we aim to go above and beyond in guest satisfaction, and that we are constantly striving to improve the stay of our guests. Since your stay, we have invested in new, more luxurious towels, sheets, and blankets.

The Carlisle Hotel sets high standards for room cleanliness and warm, friendly customer service. We ardently hope that you may give us the chance to display our desire to meet these high standards in the future.

Warmest regards.
Nebraska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2010

I don't understand how some reviewers give this place a 4 or 5 star rating. Either they are employees or delusional they have not stayed in a decent hotel so don't know the difference. This so called hotel is disgusting. It is dark, smelly, scary, and in horrible shape. When we got there to check in, the girl at the desk ignored us until we asked for help and even after that she was very rude. The beds were nasty and uncomfortable and it was noisy as well. You get what you pay for. This place was cheap and offered a free shuttle to Eppley and that is why we stayed there. Had we known the poor quality, we never would have booked the room. We should have cut our losses and left the minute we got there. The owners and managers should be ashamed of themselves.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family