“Nice Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street
Ranked #49 of 84 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed October 4, 2010

We were traveling to Colorado and needed somewhere to stay for the night. We made online reservations for this hotel; as we were traveling with a dog, we wanted to be prepared.

The front desk staff was friendly. The room was nice with a king bed, sofa, refrigerator/microwave/sink, and bathroom. The tub was a whirlpool (which we did not use), but the water pressure on the shower was very low (not for the tub though...once done with my shower, I actually rinsed my hair in the tub faucet because the pressure was so much better). Everything was clean.

We didn't use the pool because it was a Friday night and there were many kids (we were two adults with a dog). There were cookies at the front desk upon arrival; breakfast was the standard Choice Hotel selection...very nice.

There were plenty of sidewalks in the area to walk the dog; coming in late, we felt safe walking around the hospital where there was lots of light. In the morning, I walked the dog in the neighborhood behind the hotel.

I would stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 29, 2010

We stayed at this motel due to having surgery next door and was great for location. Our room was more than we could expect. Clean and very spacious. the staff was wonderful and very nice. Have stayed here 3 times and every time has been wonderful. All have ben for surgery and they have treated us wonderful. Will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2010

My husband I were celebrating our 6th Anniversary. We knew we were going to be fairly late so we called to let them know of our aprox arrival time. The person who was on the night shift answered the phone he was very curteous and said he would make note. Of course were even later as we had taken a wrong turn. We called again and he was very helpful and directing us the rest of the way. We got to our room and it was very clean and tidy, even smelled fresh! very nice..... Ok so then we had an emergency with my husband and we were sitting in the ER from about 2:30 Sunday AM until about 7:30 am. Our checkout time was 11:00 Sunday morning. We stopped at the frint desk asked if they would graciously extend our checkout so we could get some sleep before driving home. She said the best we could do was 11:30. Well that didn't help us much so the front desk lady made some calls then said 12 noon is the best I can do. They were very nice in letting us take breakfast up to our room and get some sleep. We no more than got settled down and the phone rang. It was the front desk she said she made another call and they will extend it to 1:00. WOW! That was awesome we got some good food and some sleep and were on our way. VERY GOOD service.............oh and my husband was a-ok!! We made it home safe and sound. We will definately recommend this hotel to our friends and stay again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2010

After favorable reviews, I reserved a room at this hotel. I had thought the hotel's close location to Children's Hospital would be convenient, however, I would have much rather driven further for a better room. We needed a rollaway bed for our son, but rather than pay a $12 charge, we upgraded to a suite. The front desk would not provide pillows for the sofa sleeper and made me sign a check-out sheet for the extra blanket.

When entering the lobby, I was overwhelmed with the smell of smoke, despite the fact that all hotels in Nebraska are smoke-free. The front desk staff said the smoke in the lobby is from people smoking outside the front door, but I question how the smoke could be so strong. Our room was not clean and well-worn. The common areas were not clean either. We did not use the pool area, as I questioned its cleaniness after seeing the room.

The breakfast was adequate, however, I didn't know that coffee could be as bad as this.

In the past I alway valued the reviews of TripAdvisor, but am disappointed this hotel was rated as high as it was. I was glad to check out and will not be returning!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank travelmom019
Reviewed March 16, 2010

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip in February and had a wonderful experience. The staff was very knowledgeable in helping me get around. They even called and arranged for Kinko's to help me with a presentation that I needed to finish. This hotel is clean, comfortable, updated and unpretentious. The free breakfast was convenient and I could walk across the street to the pub for a night cap after my busy day. I would recommend this hotel to others who are looking for an alternative to higher priced more popular hotels.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2009

We spent two nights at this fine hotel while in town for a family celebration. The hotel appears like new and is extraordinarily clean and pleasant. The staff from the desk to the breakfast buffet is attentive and friendly. Real assets to the chain.
The breakfast, complimentary, is reasonable, fresh and delicious.
Free WiFi is great and it was fast enough to get my work done faster

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2009

The hotel had our car towed from their parking lot by some "fly by night" towing service when we were at the restaurant on their property. The towing company - when we could finally find it charged some crazy price for the 5 mile tow. Hotel not very considerate of guest or people visiting guest at their hotel. I'll never stay at another Comfort Inn NOW!

Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends