“Great room”

Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street
Ranked #46 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here for a quick night b/f a dr appt. Room was very nice and clean. Sheets smelled wonderful. Breakfast was good as well. Perfect if you have an early morning appt in Omaha. Location is great. Only downside was the rate seemed a little high for a week night.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank 5farm
Terry F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the time you spent with our hotel. We work hard to make sure every customer enjoys our hotel. I hope when you are back in the area you will make our hotel your choice.

THANK YOU!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Thanks so much for making our stay very comfortable. Great customer service, and were always smiling and willing to help. I recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if with children. Nice sized pool, free cookies in the evenings, and a spa. Room was very spacious and the staff went out of their way for our comfort.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cliff B

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so glad you enjoyed your time with us. I hope anytime you are in the area you will make us your hotel of choice.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The staff was so womderful. Ann, Lu, girls who worked mornings were so helful and nice. room could not been more wonderful. Stayd here during my surgery. They went above and beyond anything i could of asked for!

• Stayed: December 2012
HIEGeneralManagerOMA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent trip to Omaha! I'm so glad our staff made you feel at home. Hope your surgery went well and thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

The hotel is in the middle of being worked on and this was brought to our attention when we checked in. When all is said and done besides the visual signs of the work it didnt get in our way at all. The best part of this hotel was the friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Axell33

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel about your last stay with. We have a great staff and I am so glad you mentioned them, they work hard to make our quest feel at home. I hope when ever you are in our area you will make our hotel your choice.

THANK YOU!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I travel 2 to 3 nights per week for business. This is the worst experience I have had in years. In fact this is the first review I have written. This hotel is being "refurbished". They are doing all the floors at one time. I had to duck a hanging electical wire to enter my room. At the same time the ceiling light was hanging at head level. When I ducked to enter the room the light hit me in the face like a headlight of a car. When I entered the room i was blinded by the light and triped over the coffee table cutting my knee and tearing my pants. I brought this to the attention of the front desk personnel, manager and manitenance personnel. They all had the same response: "We are under construction" Gee, so it's my fault? I will not stay here again and would recommend anyone else to look at other properties.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Dear John H,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am deeply sorry for the overall experience you had during your stay. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details regarding your stay. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed here when it was a Comfort Inn and before this stay, I read the reviews about the dust and remodeling effort. Since it is a good mid-town location, we booked a King Suite for our stay. The remodeling review I had read was posted in late June - so I was hoping that 4 months later it may be in better shape. NOT! See the photo below to show you the dust in our room. That dust was on every surface of the room. Does the staff not have a swiffer? I'm talking TV, lamps, end tables - all of it. The halls had wallpaper half ripped off and all of the smoke detectors were covered in plastic, yet it didn't appear any work was "in progress". How safe are smoke detectors taped over with plastic for a paint job that is clearly no where near happening? The hot tub had piles of sand at the bottom - so much so that our 8 year old could scoop it up with a sand toy in our pool bag. There was what looked like animal poop under a chair by the hot tub and the deck doors were wide open. Many candy wrappers and trash were laying around. We were the only people in the pool - it wasn't busy and clearly it had been that way for awhile. Incidentally - we checked on the poop looking substance 36 hours later before we left and it was still there. I never saw anyone walking around picking up at all. A maintenance man came in to check a closet in the pool but didn't even glance around at the state of things. The staff was friendly enough but some appeared very lazy and could care less about the job. The morning of checkout, I was shuttling three kids to the breakfast. (The breakfast was good and well staffed - the only good part of the hotel stay.) While waiting for the elevator, I could hear one of the front desk people on the phone. She was saying, "Oh honey - I am just trying to act busy around here. You know how it is when you trying to look busy and find things to do. Don't you worry bout it - you get yourself to the doctor today if you need to. Aint no shame in takin care of ourselves." 5 minutes later she was still on the phone so I went around the corner to ask a question and see what kind of employee blatantly does this on a rather busy (meaning full of hotel guests) morning. There was an obese lady sitting on a chair still taking her personal call and encouraging her friend to see a doctor. She didn't even look up, but another worker acted a bit embarassed and rushed to help anyone right away as the other lady gabbed on her butt. I am doubtful this hotel will ever be finished with the remodel and even if it is - I know the Hampton up the street is a hundred times cleaner and more professional.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I stay a lot at Holiday Inn Express and if this is an example of what the "brand" is starting to stand for then I will switch. This is a made over Comfort Inn. The room had new carpet and some of the amenities I would expect, but they left so many things out--they didn't paint the door frames, the doors are in poor condition, the hallways are a mess. They have signs saying "pardon our dust" but not much work seems to be going on. The bed was very hard and very uncomfortable--left over from Comfort Inn? The sheets were like sandpaper. The WIFI did not work and I called the front desk and was told the maintenance man had just reset it. I did not hear from the front desk again nor did the WIFI ever work. The sink drained very slowly. Find another place to stay--this was very disappointing. I stayed at this hotel at least 30 times when it was a Comfort Inn and it was better and cheaper!

Room Tip: Find a different hotel! There is a new Holiday Inn Express off the Gretna exit and a nice Holiday I...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear harleyrkc,

We appreciate that you took the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the overall dissatisfaction you had experienced during your stay and regret por hotel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer for to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your loyalty and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Regards,