“Worth the price, no problems”
Review of Motel 6 Omaha

Motel 6 Omaha
Ranked #69 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Worth the price, no problems”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This Motel 6 is actually one of the better ones I've stayed at. There were hardwood floors, which I liked because you didn't have to worry about a grimy carpet. The computer desk/dining table was also unique and worked well with laptop. Very clean and wish all Motel 6 locations were this clean. Good service. I stayed at a lot of Motel 6, Red Roof Inns, and sometimes Microtel, so I can safely say THIS would be a good choice. And it was less than $50 even after taxes!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jason d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bellevue Iowa
Reviewed July 25, 2012

We were traveling cross-country and just looking for a cheap place to sleep. The room turned out to be more comfortable and clean than we expected. Newly renovated, the rooms have a sort of modern, minimalist look. Everything was very clean, but spartan. Flat screen T.V. mounted on the wall had all of the hook-ups for games, videos, and lap-tops. No breakfast, but for the price I wasn't surprised. There is a Denny's next door which offers 10% off if you stay at the motel. We did not take advantage of this, as we were in a hurry to get on the road. If you want a clean, comfortable, cheap place to sleep, this is it. Probably not enough amenities to satisfy families.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank clayt0np
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Renovated Motel 6, with Denny's next door. Excellent morning coffee. Room was spotless and beds were comfortable.Room was serviced every day. Great place to stay for CWS baseball.Room 120 was quiet and easily accessible to the lobby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank harmsenom
Cody, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed here the night of May 2, 2012 with my traveling dog Foxy. The exterior and lobby were pretty crummy-looking. I understand renovations were going on, but the contractor was doing a slip-shod job. I was checked-in to a ground floor room near an exit which is great when I travel with Foxy. I walked in -- the bedclothes were strewn on the floor and the bathroom was not clean. Obviously the maid skipped this room and the front desk wasn't informed. So, I was given a room on the second floor, up the stairs, which was a bit inconvenient with the dog. The room had been renovated already to match the new Motel 6 decor, but it was ugly as sin, and just thrown together. Not very clean, either. It had a weird layout with everything crammed into one corner and a HUGE, empty floor space. This was night and day from the Motel 6 I stayed in the night before in Joliet, IL which was A+. A hooker visited the room next to mine, and the usual hooker noises and conversation emanated from the room for the next hour....lovely. I will pass this Motel 6 by next time I pass through Omaha.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Lauren W
Farwell, Michigan
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and 2 year old daughter and I stayed here June 2012 for one night. We were traveling from Indianapolis to Salt Lake City and just needed a place to sleep before another long day of driving. We chose motel 6 because it was the first on our smartphones that popped up when we Googled Omaha motels.

We liked :
*that it was very close to the interstate!
*Convenient access to fast food
*MODERN furnishings (no more bunny ear Televisions and flowery duvets)
*Well stocked (nothing worse than walking into a hotel room without towels or Toilet paper
*Clean rooms-- we couldn't find anything unsatisfactory about our room, we showered plus bathed our toddler in the tub without hesitation
*Polite front desk staff
*Awesome, awesome rate for the night!

We were not so fond of:
*Strong cleaning chemical smell in lobby and stairway
*Room was uncomfortably cold when we checked in, to the point where we had to crank the heat and go get dinner to let it warm up.

All in all, there was little to complain about. Not enough amenities for us to stay longer than a night or two, but for a quick stop during a long road trip it was perfect!

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank TravelinWeldersWife
Salt Lake City
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Newly remodeled rooms, bamboo flooring, clean rooms, nice decor, close to gas, food and shopping. Friendly front desk staff. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank InkedCowgrl
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 6, 2011

With the value and not a terrible review on trip advisor, we decided to give this Motel 6 a try on our way home to Illinois. This was a vacation trip and we always make it a habit to unload all of our cargo from our car because we are not familiar of the neighborhood and to avoid someone breaking into our vehicle. This Motel 6 does not have a Bell cart for guest to use to bring bags from the car to their room. None. The male front desk clerk did not even offer any option unlike the Motel 6 we stayed at Council Bluffs that they offered to let us use their laundry cart. We had to haul everything back and forth and we were tired from the long drive. When we got to the room, we noticed right away that the floor is not carpeted which is kind a nice but when I used a paper towel to wipe the water driplets on the floor after washing my hands, the paper towel was black. The light colored floor looks clean in the eyes but invisibly filthy. The blanket has cigarette burn and the sheets are freshly washed but stained. The perimeter of the property is full of cigarette butts everywhere. No exageration. I would like to see motel like this with great value to succeed but the owners should keep it up otherwise things will go downhill.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JimChicagoTraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Red Carpet Inn
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#64 of 82 in Omaha

Been to Motel 6 Omaha? Share your experiences!