“Friendly & Comfortable”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #54 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed May 12, 2013

While the property could use a little bit of updating, I have always found it to be friendly, clean, and comfortable. Staff is attentive, the complimentary breakfast is good, and service staff in considerate. And I hear some renovations are coming, which will only make the property better. While further away from where I work, a much better property than the other Holiday Inn Express options nearby.

Room Tip: Would avoid the top floor since recent winds have caused something to get loose and make noise on th...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Bill K.,

Thank you so much for your great review of our property. We love to hear that our staff is attentive to your needs and that we are providing great service! I'm also happy to hear that you enjoy our breakfast. We recently added some new breakfast items that will enhance our selection even more.

We couldn't be more excited for our renovation coming at the end of 2013. We are making some great changes to our property, and I think you will like them too!

We can't wait to welcome you back to our hotel. Thank you for being our guest.

Best,

T.J. Foster, CHS

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was relocating from another state and I had to stay at this Holiday Inn for a few months. It ended up being Home until I could find an apartment. It was home not only because I stayed their for an extended period of time but because of the kind staff that will go out of their way to make sure you have what you need during your stay. Thanks for everything Holiday Inn Omaha Southwest!!

Room Tip: Let the staff know what your needs are and they will be more than happy and willing to accomodate al...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Ethudson,

Thank you for your review and kind words about our hotel. We are so glad that you chose to stay with us during your transition to Omaha.

It has been a pleasure getting to know you throughout your 4 month stay. Our entire staff hopes that you will stop by from time to time to catch up with us. When you have family in town again, we would be delighted to have the opportunity to serve them at our hotel.

Cordially,

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Very average hotel. We were just passing through so we were looking for a place to stay for just 1 night. Met our needs for our short. It's always nice to have breakfast ready and included when all you want is to sleep and be back on your way. Location for what we wanted was good not to have to drive into town.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear MMadison,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We appreciate your honest feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast. We don't, however, want to be an "average" hotel. We want to go above and beyond to provide a perfect experience. I would love to speak to you to get feedback on how we can make your "average" stay "perfect". If it would be convenient for you, could you please contact the hotel at 402.339.8111? Please ask for myself or the General Manager. We will utilize your feedback to improve our product and service.

Again, thank you so much for staying with us! We look forward to your next stay at the Holiday Inn Express Omaha-Southwest.

Regards,

Reviewed March 1, 2013

No printer. No microwave. No fridge. No hot water. No closet. No space in rooms. Sour milk at breakfast. Sour (and inept) employees behind the counter.

I can live with the out-of-date decor, but I can't stand it when employees can't do basics like get the printer fixed (fellow employees indicate it was broken already a week ago and the gal behind the desk doesn't know when (or if) it will be fixed), and when queried why the space in the room for the fridge and mike is empty is "I will nuke anything you need in our employee fridge."

REALLY!?!?

And maybe if I want to have hot water for my shower I can just bath in the pool. :)

There are lots of reasonably-priced places to stay in the area. Do not waste your money and patience at this place. I'm a loyal HIE gal, but I am running out of here as quickly as I can after only one night.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Omaha-Southwest. Honest feedback assists us in providing a wonderful experience for our guests.

I am very troubled and disturbed by the issues you experienced while staying with us. We have immediately addressed your concerns to ensure they don't happen again. Our new printer for the business center arrived yesterday. Our engineering team has made necessary changes to our milk fridge to ensure that it is always running at the proper temperature. We also had our engineering team look at the hot water heater to ensure all of our rooms have adequate hot water at all times.

We are in the process of putting microwaves and refrigerators in all 78 rooms. Currently, 70% of our rooms are equipped with microwaves and/or refrigerators. In rare cases where we aren't able to accommodate you with these amenities, our staff would be delighted to hold items for you in our employee fridge. We would also be happy to microwave anything for you.

Our front desk staff has received numerous compliments for their wonderful service. I am very disappointed that they weren't able to assist you in a proper manner while you stayed with us. We are using this review to assist with training for our front desk agents.

Again, thank you for your valued feedback. If there is any other way we can be of service, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 402.339.8111 and ask to speak to the Manager on Duty.

Best Regards,

Reviewed December 18, 2012

VERY average and by average, I would expect a bit better out of a HIE. The hotel has been around awhile but has been updated somewhere along the way. The furniture seemed to be out of the early 2000's. Got status upgraded to a King whirlpool suite. If I had paid a higher price I would have been disappointed. Room was overall clean, but the 40" tv all the way across the room was a bit small. Room was clean but there were just little things here and there wrong. Desk lamp cord was just draped across the front of the built in desk, someone had tried to drill a hole through the desk but didn't finish the job, tub stopper was out and looked broken. Heater was loud, data jack broken. Lobby looked OK but had to wait for a front desk clerk to show up out of the back around at 6:00 pm. Overall the hotel was clean, efficient and got the job done but the details are being overlooked and that can sour the overall experience. Probably OK for a quick overnight Business trip or a quick stop on the way through on 80, but seems a bit on the pricey side for what you get if you are paying rack rates.

Room Tip: Upgrade rooms likely aren't worth the cost...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Trumpetr,

Thank you for your feedback of our hotel! Reviews like yours will assist us in providing a magnificent experience for our guests.

While I am delighted you enjoyed your stay overall, I am still troubled by the lack of attention to detail. We are using your review to ensure preventative maintenance is in place to address the issues you encountered. We are also working with our housekeeping department to assist in reporting maintenance issues to our engineering team.

I would strongly encourage you to stay with us again. Because of your review, we are working hard to address and correct the issues you pointed out. We look forward to serving you again!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The reviews nearly scared me off from this property, but it was an ideal location given the circumstances and short notice so we decided to give it a shot.

We had great service from the front desk. They extended our checkout time so we could change clothes in our room after the funeral instead of having to change in our car. That was much appreciated. We also changed our room type when we got there with no issues.

Breakfast was good though I would recommend adding bacon!

The only drawback was the rooms were small, but we weren't really hanging out in the room much so it wasn't a huge deal. Also didn't help that the desk chair was too tall to fit under the table so in a small room that was an additional space eater. But really that was the only complaint and it is a minor one for me.

The kids enjoyed the pool. There was enough room as I've seen some HIE pools that are pretty small. Glad they had a hot tub as well.

All in all it was a positive experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I want to sincerely thank you for your positive review of our hotel! We work very hard to ensure our guests have a great experience while staying with us.

Our team always tries our hardest to extend an early check in and/or a late check out. We also try to go above and beyond to ensure you have the room type you most desire.

Because of your review, we have added bacon to our breakfast menu. We now switch between sausage patties, sausage links, and bacon as one of our hot items. We also have biscuits and gravy, warm cinnamon rolls, and fresh pancakes every day. Our fourth hot item changes between scrambled eggs, cheddar cheese omelets, and western omelets. The bacon is a huge hit with our guests!

We certainly hope you will choose to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to Omaha.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed here on a road trip that took us along I-80. The hotel was very conveniently located to the highway. It has several decent restaurants nearby. We had bikes on our car (locked up), and felt they would be safe in the parking lot. The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. The service was outstanding in many ways. First, we had to change our nonrefundable reservation due to car trouble that delayed us by two days. The hotel was gladly willing to accommodate us, although it was not in their policy to do so. Also, the front desk clerk was pleasant and offered us free bottles of water. The breakfast coordinator was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fairly good, with eggs, sausage and pancake options in addition to the conventional continental offerings. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review of our hotel. Your feedback assists us in providing top notch service to all of our guests.

Our entire team was delighted to hear that you enjoyed the customer service our staff provides. We are always doing our best to go above and beyond to create a personal experience for you.

I was also happy to hear that we were able to modify your non refundable reservation. Car troubles are stressful enough. I am glad that we were able to take the "hotel reservation burden" off your shoulders.

We all hope that you don't have mechanical difficulties the next time you stay with us! In any case, we can't wait to welcome you back.

Warm Regards,