“I recommend this hotel! ”

University Inn Midtown
Ranked #69 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
“I recommend this hotel! ”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying that this hotel is immaculate. So clean, to me this is extremely important for a good night's rest, it's very nice and the staff was so friendly especially Selene...such a sweet and respectful young lady. The breakfast very good too. The only thing I was concerned about was it's near the expressway it wasn't a problem but wish we had a better view but all around my family and I were very satisfied with out stay.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Grace C
Luna099, General Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you so much !! We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Our staff works hard every day to ensure our guest's satisfaction. We look forward to seeing you again !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I checked in on a Friday night, and check in was a breeze, the rooms was waiting for me, and was on the first floor. The rooms was clean and had updated decor. Only missing a fridge, I miss that when traveling. The bed was comfortable, with fresh linens and updated sheets, and comforter. I was attending a meeting at the AT&T Center over the weekend and was very happy with the hotel, as they had a shuttle to the convention Center, that left every 15 min from the front waiting area. The guest parking lot was well lit and enough parking for a full hotel for the weekend conference. Breakfast the next morning was Biscuits and Gravy and scrambled eggs which was plentiful and well stocked. I would stay here again, everyone was pleasant and very professional.

Room Tip: Freeway is on east side of hotel, facing the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Denise B
Luna099, General Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
We're are so excited you enjoyed your stay. We sincerely appreciate you comments and look forward to having you stay with us again soon. Thank you !!
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is well located, close to the airport and the hospital. Downtown is very close. You are right on the express way which can get you anywhere you want to go. Fantastic staff in Heather, Selene and Brenda. This is a basic hotel with clean comfortable rooms. I spent a week and found no problems except lack of a business center. They tell me it is coming and they allowed me to use the back office computer. I would have given it all five stars if they had a business center. Resturants are near but not within walking distance. I ate a five different resturants all close. I recommend LaCasa Pizzaria for excellent chicken parmesan.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jan A
Luna099, General Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Thanks Jan ! Your were a pleasure to have. We'll soon have the new computer for the business center I promise !! Can't wait to see you again.
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I am an avid traveler and decided to give this hotel a chance, despite its ranking, because of its proximity to where I needed to be in Omaha. This hotel is newly renovated and is beautiful! And I felt the staff was very nice and gave me great recommendations for restaurants. My room was clean and comfy. If I could give you any advice, I'd say, give this hotel a chance!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank GishFish
Thank you so much !! We have done so many changes to the property. We're excited that you enjoyed staying with us. We truly appreciate the opportunity and we hope to see you again soon. I hope others take your advise and Give us a Chance !!!
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've stayed at other comfort inns and rooms so clean and bright. nice furniture and lovely bathrooms. so disappointed with this Omaha location. hotel is old and reeks of the early 80's. despite some improvements I can not recommend this place. furniture is scuffed. burn holes like some one took a torch on the hallway carpet on second floor. my room smells of smoke even tho its non smoking. Tv doesnt work. not enough towels. stains on rug. desk chair falling apart. maybe this location should be closed. its in a terrible area. no food around. I can't recommend this place. graffiti in old smelly elevator. I've seen motel 6 or super 8's in better shape.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank travler5001
Luna099, General Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
We are so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments and will use them to help us improve our level of service. We hope we have the opportunity to better serve you again soon.

Travelers are raving about these Omaha hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in downtown Omaha. I was staying for a volleyball tournament that my daughter would be playing in. Her team was staying elsewhere. Upon my arrival at the hotel, I learned that my daughter was sick and I would need to go get her. It was a bit of an ordeal for me, but the staff at Comfort Inn were so hospitable. Here I am, just arrived in a city about which I know nothing, I had no rental car, no one to help me, and a sick daughter. After finally retrieving my daughter and settling her back in my room with me, I needed to go out and get some supplies for her (gatorades, etc.). It was late at night, and Susan at front reception took such good care of me - I could tell she totally sympathized with my predicament. Thank you for your kindness Susan - you went above and beyond!

In fact, the entire staff was so pleasant. When my daughter was unable to eat a meal per se, they let me grab a bowl of dry cereal from their dining room at 10 p.m. - the only thing that was even remotely appealing to my daughter. The new manager was present, on-site, most of the time during my stay, working tirelessly. The woman who managed the dining room was so sweet and pleasant, even at 6:30 a.m. You could tell she took pride in the cleanliness and status of her dining room.

I understand this hotel was newly transitioned from a different company, and they are working diligently to renovate and renew the hotel. They have done a great job so far. Thank you Comfort Inn of Omaha for being the bright spot on what was otherwise a challenging trip, and for all you did to keep me and my daughter comfortable!
Joanne

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joanne S
Luna099, General Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
It was our pleasure having you. Thank you so much for your comments,we truly appreciate them. We hope your daughter is doing better and we hope to see you again soon.
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed February 15, 2014

This Comfort Inn had nice clean rooms but the beds were awful. The staff was helpful and moved us to another room for the second night and those beds were not good but I managed to get about 5 hours sleep the second night. I have stayed at othrr comforts and I have never had this experience. Definitely not worth the price.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank rgladhart
I'm so sorry we did not meet your expectations. We thank you for letting us know how your stay was and we will use the information provided to improve our service. I sincerely appreciate it.