“Here in Omaha for business. scary neighborhood. Nothing very welcoming at front desk. not up to standards. staff wonderful. ”

University Inn Midtown
Ranked #71 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've stayed at other comfort inns and rooms so clean and bright. nice furniture and lovely bathrooms. so disappointed with this Omaha location. hotel is old and reeks of the early 80's. despite some improvements I can not recommend this place. furniture is scuffed. burn holes like some one took a torch on the hallway carpet on second floor. my room smells of smoke even tho its non smoking. Tv doesnt work. not enough towels. stains on rug. desk chair falling apart. maybe this location should be closed. its in a terrible area. no food around. I can't recommend this place. graffiti in old smelly elevator. I've seen motel 6 or super 8's in better shape.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank travler5001
Luna099, General Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

We are so sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments and will use them to help us improve our level of service. We hope we have the opportunity to better serve you again soon.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I recently stayed at the Comfort Inn in downtown Omaha. I was staying for a volleyball tournament that my daughter would be playing in. Her team was staying elsewhere. Upon my arrival at the hotel, I learned that my daughter was sick and I would need to go get her. It was a bit of an ordeal for me, but the staff at Comfort Inn were so hospitable. Here I am, just arrived in a city about which I know nothing, I had no rental car, no one to help me, and a sick daughter. After finally retrieving my daughter and settling her back in my room with me, I needed to go out and get some supplies for her (gatorades, etc.). It was late at night, and Susan at front reception took such good care of me - I could tell she totally sympathized with my predicament. Thank you for your kindness Susan - you went above and beyond!

In fact, the entire staff was so pleasant. When my daughter was unable to eat a meal per se, they let me grab a bowl of dry cereal from their dining room at 10 p.m. - the only thing that was even remotely appealing to my daughter. The new manager was present, on-site, most of the time during my stay, working tirelessly. The woman who managed the dining room was so sweet and pleasant, even at 6:30 a.m. You could tell she took pride in the cleanliness and status of her dining room.

I understand this hotel was newly transitioned from a different company, and they are working diligently to renovate and renew the hotel. They have done a great job so far. Thank you Comfort Inn of Omaha for being the bright spot on what was otherwise a challenging trip, and for all you did to keep me and my daughter comfortable!
Joanne

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Joanne S
Luna099, General Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

It was our pleasure having you. Thank you so much for your comments,we truly appreciate them. We hope your daughter is doing better and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

This Comfort Inn had nice clean rooms but the beds were awful. The staff was helpful and moved us to another room for the second night and those beds were not good but I managed to get about 5 hours sleep the second night. I have stayed at othrr comforts and I have never had this experience. Definitely not worth the price.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank rgladhart

I'm so sorry we did not meet your expectations. We thank you for letting us know how your stay was and we will use the information provided to improve our service. I sincerely appreciate it.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This Hotel was just remodeled and they did a great job. The price for what you get is worth it. I was very surprised to see all the new things at the property. They have a new lobby and the rooms are new. Great breakfast!! Ms Kathy was very helpful and went out of her way to make sure I had all I need during breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mike G
Luna099, General Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you ! I recently took over management and know the company worked for several months on the remodel and it's exciting to hear your comments. We hope others give us a try and see we are striving to become better and provide an above and beyond expectations service. We look forward to having you stay with us once again.

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

So my travel partner and I look for an economical place for us to stay during an annual workshop near downtown Omaha. Previously we stated at Econolodge (on Dodge near 24th), where I slept with roaches and got jewelry stolen--so we were looking for something a level up if you can imagine. Needless to say in that area, downtown venues run higher. This hotel stood out for the price factor, and I booked our rooms with some hesitation. Saw on previous reviews that it was under construction and so had that warning already. Yes, the place was a mess and there was no breakfast b/c of the work going on. Staff was very apologetic and friendly regardless. Our rooms were clean and roach-free--my main needs for a place we really were only going to sleep and shower in. My tub didn't drain all that great, and the remodel in my room wasn't quite finished with missing wallpaper spots and obvious drywall patches needing paint--aside from that my room was great. Only major complaint was that my room key wasn't good every time I got back to the room (no, never had it by my cell phone or other magnetic devices..). So had to get a new key EVERY time. Got to the point where I would just start at the front desk and not bother going up to my room first.
Lobby was a mess with guys trying to lay tile--but from the looks if it, it will be nice when done. The overnight desk clerk was a great guy-- hard worker and very accommodating. He mentioned to us that hotel is changing to a Comfort Inn mid-October. This looks possible, as the breakfast area in renovation is modeled very similarly to what I have seen at other Comfort Inns.
With proximity to downtown and other major street interchanges, including close access to interstate--the value was perfect for our travel budget. If you're looking to pamper yourself, this isn't the spot. It's clean (rooms, aside from construction), great locale, and at $50/ night for us it was worth the gamble! Definitely higher potential for quality stays the closer they get to being done with remodel.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Trvlfrfun
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is under renovation. Only 2 of 6 floors open, which noone said anything about when taking our reservation. While hotel was dusty and dirty. The desk clerk nicely cancelled our stay. Might be nice in free months but not worth staying at now.

• Stayed: September 2013
Heather4740, General Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

I apologize for the renovation project we are improving our facility to better serve our guest in the future plans are to be completed early November

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My friend came to town for a funeral so we agreed to get a motel for a couple of nights and found this on hotels.com. The location was good and I had stayed here when it first opened. On this trip, however, the concierge staff were surly. There weren't enough towels, despite it being a room with two double beds, so I went and got some more from the front desk. I took a shower, and there was mold at the bottom of the shower curtain. Then, not one, but TWO cockroaches were crawling on the bathroom floor, apparently having been in the towel that I shook out that I had just obtained from the front desk. Yuck. That, of course, made me wary, and afraid of bedbugs. There was also graffiti in the elevator. On the morning we checked out, we stopped by the breakfast room at 7:15.am. It was closed. We asked when it opened and the snarly, pregnant front desk staff snapped that they had just closed it. This was a lie because my friend had come down at 6:30 hoping to eat something before her flight! DON'T LIE to your customers. She made some excuse about there not being cereal, but the day before, there had been juice, hot cereal, yogurt. In other words, the breakfast room could have opened despite the availability of cereal. I was VERY disappointed. I know it's just a motel 6, but we'd checked the reviews ahead of time. We didn't need anything fancy. I don't care if a hotel is old, as long as it is clean and staff are friendly. On the plus side, the beds were comfortable (but had no comforter, so if you are staying in double beds, you'd better both like the same air temperature) and the location and price were good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends