“Fantastic New Year's Eve stay”

University Inn Midtown
Ranked #71 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Close to downtown, it was a reasonably priced alternative to staying in the heart of downtown.

Though this is now a Motel 6, it was a hotel of a few different names prior, and therefore of higher quality than most Motel 6's that I've stayed in a few other locations in the country.

It was clean, well furnished, quite friendly customer service, comfortable surroundings and was one of the better Motel 6's I've experienced.

Best of all was the value. A safe, clean, comfortable environment for an astoundingly low price.

Will definitely experience this one again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank GoodValue10
Heather4740, Front Office Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us an amazing review! We really do value all of our guests, and its incredibly rewarding when we know that they leave us extremely satisfied. If there was anything else that you feel could of improved your stay, please feel free to contact me directly at 402-345-2222. Thank you again and have a Happy New Year!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Motel 6 accross the street from Creighton University Hospital. Our daughter was having a baby and we wanted the convienence. As with anything in life, if you look long enough and hard enough you can always find fault. There was a slight problem with the front door not wanting to slide when we first arrived and there were no soaps, shampoo, extras of any kind but really we have nothing to complain about. There used to be a breakfast served but that had been stopped. I attribute these minor lack of convienences to our current economy. Besides I had rather saved the money we would have spent at a more expensive hotel,

The staff was friendly, the room was large and clean, the towels were nice and not postage stamp sized, The bed was resonably comfortable, the price was very reasonable, Heather, the front desk Manager is a very attractive and nice person. What more can you ask for at the price paid?

Room Tip: We stayed in room 512
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark L

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff provided great customer service. It is truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff's efforts, and takes the time to score us as extremely satisfied. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests but it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and the service we provide. Again, we thank you for the opportunity to serve you and are looking forward for your future visits to Omaha!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

The hotel is walking distance to Creighton University. My room was huge, very clean, and looked like a hotel room from high end chain. I was very impressed. The hotel staff was very nice and attentive. Overall I had the perfect stay. My original plan was to stay at a high end hotel because I wasn't sure about staying here but I am so glad I did. The rooms are so spacious, it feels like a mini suite. I will definitely stay again next time I am in Omaha. The best part is that it is about an 8 minute walk to Creighton University. There is no reason to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank maria p
General Manager H, General Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback and I am excited to see that enjoyed your stay. I will pass along your comments to the staff as we take pride in our product and services. we look forward to serving you soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is a great location if you want to be near Creighton University. It used to be a Best Western and now it is a Motel 6, so when I stayed there recently their were no 'extras' at all. No lotion, shampoo or conditioner...just a couple bars of Motel 6 soap.
The rooms are nice and it's easy to get to. Pretty quiet neighborhood.
I

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Stacy S
General Manager H, General Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4740 Omaha. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

The rooms were decent for price . The staff were very nice and helpful . This hotel is only about 10 minutes from a place they called The "old market" which had lots of shops and yummy places to eat ! Housekeeping ladies were polite and nice when we asked for extra towels and such . Front desk also in directing us to different places !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Paid less than 70 per night, clean comfortable bed, service was exceptional. Just missing the promised "continental breakfast" since changing hands. Very clean & basics covered with a little bit of class from the old days when it was first built. Our tv's worked well, fridge in the room worked good... (4th floor). We got about 5 rooms in our party and overall were ALL happy overall.

Room Tip: Fridge room on the 4th floor :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
General Manager H, Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay while you were a guest at the University Plaza Motel 6.Please contact me at 402-345-2222 so that I can address all your concerns. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future if your travels return you to the Omaha area. I do appreciate your business and your feedback.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was a best western until June 2012 when it became a Motel 6. It has no shuttle, no free breakfast, no ability to print boarding passes, rooms were not adequately cleaned. We wanted a refrigerator and had to move to another floor to get one. The "new" room had no towels, the TV was mostly static, bugs in the bathroom along with a rusty drain. I will say that the staff was doing the best they could to help but these issues were outside their control.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
General Manager H, Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at our property. I regret to inform you that we no longer offer a free shuttle nor a complimentary breakfast in the morning due to consistency in brand standards. I am glad that the room was clean and acceptable but please feel free to contact me at 402-345-2222 EXT 7113 in order to address your concerns.
Once again, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve and we hope to see you again in the near future.