University Inn Midtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$204
$111
HolidayInn.com
$110
Hotwire.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Paid less than 70 per night, clean comfortable bed, service was exceptional. Just missing the promised "continental breakfast" since changing hands. Very clean & basics covered with a little bit of class from the old days when it was first built. Our tv's worked well, fridge in the room worked good... (4th floor). We got about 5 rooms in our party and overall were ALL happy overall.

Room Tip: Fridge room on the 4th floor :)
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
General Manager H, Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

I am truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay while you were a guest at the University Plaza Motel 6.Please contact me at 402-345-2222 so that I can address all your concerns. I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future if your travels return you to the Omaha area. I do appreciate your business and your feedback.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel was a best western until June 2012 when it became a Motel 6. It has no shuttle, no free breakfast, no ability to print boarding passes, rooms were not adequately cleaned. We wanted a refrigerator and had to move to another floor to get one. The "new" room had no towels, the TV was mostly static, bugs in the bathroom along with a rusty drain. I will say that the staff was doing the best they could to help but these issues were outside their control.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
General Manager H, Manager at University Inn Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at our property. I regret to inform you that we no longer offer a free shuttle nor a complimentary breakfast in the morning due to consistency in brand standards. I am glad that the room was clean and acceptable but please feel free to contact me at 402-345-2222 EXT 7113 in order to address your concerns.
Once again, thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

The front desk was very accommodating at 1:30 am after just getting off a plane with 2 small children. He gave me a room choice which was very helpful. The only bad part was the water pressure and temperature were rather mediocre.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

We are delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please note that we do appreciate your business and your great feedback. We look forward to your next visit whenever your travel needs bring you to our area.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

1st, I'm confused by the latest entry that this is now a Days Inn. As of July of 2012, it was a Motel 6, formerly a Best Western. It was a horrible experience. Our son was getting married & back in Nov a block of rooms was reserved for the wedding party & guests. NO ONE informed the bride & groom that 3 wks prior to the wedding, it changed over to a Motel 6, so no one could find the motel. Once THAT was figured out, the block of rooms for the wedding weren't blocked off! We all had rooms, but we were strung out all over the 5 story motel. The Bride & 2 bridesmaids were on the same floor as the "pet friendly" floor! My DIL is extremely allergic! My husband's & my bed sagged in the center, the toilet wouldn't quit running & we were told since it was the wkend, it couldn't be fixed. 2 separate guests had to be moved b/c their AC didn't work. I accidentally left my shrug for the wedding on the back of the bathrm door & when we thought of it Mon, I called, it wasn't turned in. The manager was VERY rude about it, basically called me a liar. We were told in Nov there was bf every morning, but when we got there, there was none. Even the recording for when put on hold (when I called about my shrug), said "Continental bf 7 days/wk". The Sat desk clerk couldn't smile to save her soul, but the Sun Desk clerk was very pleasant. We have vouchers for a free night's stay, have another family wedding in Oct, but scared to stay @ ANY Motel 6.

Room Tip: no tips, all had peeling wallpaper & stained rugs. I was in several differ rooms thru-out the motel & all were in sad shape.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank magic10fingers

Reviewed August 8, 2012

To my surprise and dismay the hotel is now a Days Inn. I thought maybe I could tolerate a Days Inn, but sadly the change is not an improvement. The hotel no longer offers breakfast and shuttle service which was one of the reasons I selected the hotel considering the neighborhood. The rooms were not as clean and considering the new low budget prices of less than $50, the clientele is also less desirable. Too bad I lost my Best Western because you couldn't pay me to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends