“Don't stay here”

Ranked #63 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Papillion, Nebraska, United States
“Don't stay here”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were here for over a month and it was the worst month of my life. Rooms are very old, dirty, outdated. I dropped something behind the dresser and was absolutely disgusted by the absolute filth behind it. The wireless internet was extremely slow, even after paying for the $30 speed upgrade. Beds are old and extremely uncomfortable. Channel selection was very limited. Housekeeping barely did anything and were very rude.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jammie716
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Omaha - West, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I apologize that your internet access was slower than normal and that our channel selection was not as diverse as you would have liked . We are working to improve in both of these areas and thank you for your feedback. As well, I have met with the housekeeping staff about the importance of cleanliness and am reviewing our standards as well as procedures to ensure a situation like yours is not repeated.

I can assure you that they are checking behind every credenza. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at omh@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very economical if you need to stay for a long time, but smoking and nonsmoking rooms are interspersed and not well-ventilated. The smoke infiltration in our non-smoking room was so bad we had to buy an air filter. To their credit, the staff made an effort to resolve the problem. The only real resolution would be to separate the smoking and non-smoking rooms by zone - something they should do sooner rather than later.

Room Tip: Insist on non-smoking WELL away from any smoking rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank thereareplaces
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Omaha - West, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am disappointed to hear that your stay was not up to your satisfaction. Please accept my apologies. In response to your feedback, I am taking your suggestions to our corporate offices to ensure we find a remedy to this situation you shared with us. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
perris
Reviewed December 13, 2012

When I drive up.it look like a mecanics shop. Contractors working on a lot of machines oil all over drive ways. hall way to go to rooms are tight. And dark. Room service. Is once a week and they do not fully clean rooms. I would.not stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012
Eleal, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Omaha - West, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so disappointed that your stay with us was not an enjoyable one. Please accept my sincerest apology.

As is true of most extended stay hotels, we offer a scaled back housekeeping service. Yet we also offer additional daily housekeeping services for a nominal fee. I do regret, however, that we were not able to make this clear to you before you booked your stay with us.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at eleal@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 8, 2012

glad my 42 nights stay in Studio Plus, Omaha, was a pleasant and good one.
it's clean, it's quiet, and it's safe!

nice, friendly and helpful staff especally Mikael, Holly and Brandy.

the room has (almost) everything you need to feel at home... from fully equipped kitchen (with refrigerator, microwave, oven, dishwashers stovetop & cooking utensils provided), FREE Wi-Fi in room, on-site guest laundry, to free local phone calls... what's more can i ask for!

there's a weekly housekeeping service which i find quite environtmental friendly :)
Sheets were clean, as were all towels!

Walgreens is bout one block away. Westroad mall is two-three blocks away.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank gwentlm
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Omaha - West, responded to this review, September 14, 2012

Tukums, Latvia
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We stayed at Studio Plus in Omaha for the 8 nights around U.S. Swimming Olympic Trials. We booked this site owing to the reasonable rates for a double queen room with a full kitchen. It turned out to be a tremendous bargain: located near a Whole Foods and just 3 minutes from the loop, we were more than sufficiently close to downtown to get back and forth to trials. Rates for just a sleeping room downtown were running about 5 to 6 times what we paid for this room.

The facility was being remodeled during our stay, so it's hard to comment on the decor, but everything was fully functional despite some chaos, including the on-site laundry room and the fitness center. And the room was as expected: spacious, well-appointed, with a full kitchen, including a rather limited supply of cooking implements. Wi-fi was free, there were lots of power plugs sprinkled about, and two TVs in our suite. Essentially my wife, I, and our two kids were able to drop in and set up a house for 8 nights.

Brilliant. I would totally do this on vacation again.

Room Tip: Watch out - this is a mixed smoking/non-smoking facility. Be very, very careful to let the staff kn...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank gonofurthersan
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Omaha - West, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write to us about your experience at our hotel. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Torrance, California
Reviewed December 17, 2011

My husband and I are staying here temporarily while he is awaiting a medical procedure at a nearby hospital. Upon our arrival, we found our heater to be inoperable. My husband called the front desk where they immediately sent a repairman with a brand new heating unit, (Right out of the box), and replaced the broken one in about 20 minutes. Then a few days later when we found the 2nd floor was too far for my husband in his current condition, staff moved us to a first floor room without hesitation. Sure some of the furniture is a little old but the staff more than makes up for it with their friendliness and willingness to accomodate. I would definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for an extended stay while on a budget. It is safe, quiet and a relief that we have found a home away from home!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank 2827_SoCalifornia
Tijeras, New Mexico
Reviewed August 7, 2011

SUPER friendly and helpful staff. Had a minor plumbing problem in the kitchen sink in the room I was assigned and the manager on duty dropped her lunch to try to correct it. (It was Sunday - no maintenance on duty.) When she was unable to fix it to her satisfaction (honestly, it was good enough for me), she got the cleaning staff to make another room ready for me right away. They weren't surly, nor impatient - just apologetic and efficient. As stated in other reviews, the furniture is a bit worn, but everything works and everything (including the fridge, stove and microwave) is very clean. The bed is a bit hard, but there was NO sign of bedbugs (in either room - I checked!). Sheets were clean, as were all towels. Parking lot has small spaces, but is very well lit. All security doors actually lock (a big upgrade from the other Omaha hotels I've stayed at). The trash does build up some in the stairwells, but unless you're like me and take the stairs, you'll never notice it. Folks, this is not the Hilton, and that's why you're not paying $150 a night. I've met five other guests and they're all like me: normal, friendly, average, hard-working-won't-waste-money type people. It's safe. It's clean. It's even relatively quiet. If it had a cheesy buffet and a hot tub, I'd give it 4 stars. Oh, there's a Walgreen's and a major shopping mall within 1/2 mile (easy walk), but not much else. A car is really mandatory if you're staying here and want to do or see anything - no surprise in Omaha.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms book fast, book early. Hotel is very smoker friendly outdoors. 3rd floor is smoking.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo