“Best Kept Secret” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
West Des Moines, Iowa
“Best Kept Secret”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stay at this hotel often as business brings me to the area. This hotel is currently undergoing Major renovation. But don't let that chase you away. The staff is Wonderful!. They allow pets and have plenty of space to walk your dog. There are many offices surrounding the hotel, so it is very quiet at night. It is close to grocery stores, restaurants, deli, bars, fast food, a golf course, Menards, and much more. It has easy access to 680, I-80, W Dodge Road west to Hwy 275. And it's a straight shot downtown. The pool is underging renovation and should be up and running Aug 2012. Call ahead if you really want a pool. Many rooms have balconys or patios, very nice. The breakfast is a little lame, but is it usually fresh and changes a little every day. As word spreads about this little jewel, it will get better. Part of me wants to keep it a secret so I can always get a room....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank K9Trainer_76031
Laya M, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Omaha NE, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review on our new Days Inn and Suites! It is always great to hear from our returning guests. While we appreciate you want to keep our location a "little jewel", we certainly thank you for sharing your great hotel experiences.

While undergoing our renovations, we know we have to work extra hard to provide the best hotel experience. We are so excited for the completion of our renovation so that our guests can experience all our great amenities.

Thanks again! We look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were here for the Olympic Trials Swimming, which was downtown Omaha and took approx. 25 minutes to drive, with traffic.
I booked this hotel under Quality Inn & Suites, but when we arrived they were switching to Days Inn & Suites. They are just in the process and are doing lots of renovations. The pool was not in service because of this and that was a bummer. The room they gave us was clean and the bed was comfortable, not plush, just comfortable. My 16 year old daughter was going to sleep on the sleeper sofa, but that was in such bad shape she ended up just sleeping on the couch. So if you are looking to utilize the sleep sofa as an extra bed, think twice. The couch was old so therefore I'm sure the bed had been overused.
They had wireless internet and the breakfast was very nice. They didn't have a large selection but what they served was quality food. Not your average cardboard eggs.
The staff was what made this hotel, they were the best. Everyone was friendly and they went out of their way to ask you if you needed anything.
Would I stay here again, probably not. Only because I would like to be closer to downtown.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Omaha NE, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. The satisfaction of our guests is very important to us. I will be sure to share your comments with the hotel staff.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding our employees. With the recent change in ownership and brands, it is important that we are putting all our efforts into a great team providing great customer service.

I sincerely apologize for any discomfort or issues you had during your stay with us. I hope that you come back to stay with us in the future when our renovations are complete so that we can provide you with the comfortable stay you deserve.
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

I am a stickler on hotels and it takes a lot to get a decent review from me- I have 31 prior reviews and I was very surprised at this little quaint hotel. The baseball team got a great rate and I was thinking the worst when I saw the price we were paying. We got there to find we were able to check in early- which was awesome considering my son had a ball game later and wanted to catch a nap after the long drive. The hotel is only two floors and we were on the 2nd floor. It was quite- never heard any noise. I noticed some rooms had balconies or walk out patios- ours did not but that was a nice touch for those that did. Safe area- didn't worry about leaving car in lot with GPS and radar detector still in it. Lots of restaurants close by, including grocery stores. I was told some rooms had refrigerators, ours did not and I missed that so next time I would request that specifically.
Beds were super comfortable, although I did not care for the foam pillows, I would rather have feather. Clean bathroom ! Large rooms .
We ran low on towels and after requesting more, they bought some immediately to our room.
The breakfast was ok- with hot foods such as scrambled eggs, bacon, etc. I thought the pastries seemed a little dried out. But nice to have the option of food so handy early in the morning.
The only downfall was the pool was completely torn up - so even though it was mid 90's the guys had no pool to cool off in. Also- could only find one ice machine that was working, but they offered to get ice from the kitchen if we needed. Front desk clerks were very, very nice and friendly!
Our room cooled off nicely, but heard a few of the rooms the air didn't work so well. I would advise you check that out right away if you are staying there in the hot summer!! I do know that one family who had a room with the bad air conditioner got moved to another room once they notified the front desk, which shows very good service on Quality Inns part!

Room Tip: Top floor - ask for refrigerator if you are used to one because all the rooms ( at least in this st...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JetterJ
Laya M, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Omaha NE, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a review for your stay with us. This location has recently switched management and we have been working very hard to insure that our guests are well taken care of while we undergo this transition. It is good to know that our efforts have paid off.

We are so pleased that your stay was a good one. After a long day of travel and games, it is a comfort to come back to a clean and comfortable hotel. That is why we strive to provide the best service.

Please come back and visit us again! We would love show off our pool when it is complete!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed here to be close to a work-related dinner event we were attending, and ended up coming back up a few weeks later for a weekend getaway! Several restaurants, lounges, and grocery store within walking distance - it is less than a mile from the Westroads Westfield Shopping Center (fabulous shopping & movies & dining there too!).

Hotel staff very friendly - lobby looks like you should get your family photos taken here!

Room Tip: Get an east-facing room, and you get a nice view of that area of the city - or courtyard view is pre...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Raphael4Turtle
Laya M, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Omaha NE, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out to fill out a comment! Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and guest feedback is a wonderful tool to aid us in achieving our goals.

When taking some time for yourself, a friendly hotel staff only adds to a great getaway experience. We are so happy that we were able to provide our services to you.

Thank you again.

Come and see us again soon.
Hastings
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

We enjoyed the breakfast, the friendly staff and the clean rooms. It was a wonderful trip!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your generous comment. On behalf of the new owners the Miracle Hills Quality Inn, we are both excited and pleased that your stay with us was a pleasant one. We know that a good breakfast, friendly staff, and clean rooms can make or break a trip. That is why we work hard to insure that every guest gets the same great service.

We hope to see you again in the future!
Lakewood, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

My young daughter and I came to Omaha to visit her sister and we stayed here. Nice and quiet but still able to get where ever you want and easy for others to find as well. My family came into town to visit my daughter and stayed elsewhere, it was congested and noisy where they were. The staff is great!! If you need something they are there with the answers, it was great. Breakfast was great, hot food not just cold or reheated things. I would definately stay again, my daughter loved that she had her own pull out bed for her and her sister. I am not saying its perfect, but definately passable. The pool is outdoor so she didn't get to swim, but she didn't mind really. I have stayed in a lot of hotels for a lot more that offered a lot less. The other great thing is that it is right by a grocery store. And the bed is wonderful!!!!Definately worth what I paid.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family