“wouldn't stay again”

Aksarben Suites a Trademark Collection Hotel
Ranked #52 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We were visiting the zoo and looking for a room that could fit 4 adults and 3 kids. We booked a 2 room suite with 2 double beds and one sleeper sofa. I asked on the phone if they were queen beds and the gentlemen said yes. When we got to the room they were double beds. Also, the room was very musty smelling and warm. We cranked the air up, and several hours later the room was still warm and humid. Went down to front desk and asked for more towels and someone to fix the air. Maintenance came up about 20 mins later and messed with air. Said it should get cooler. We couldn't use any sheets all night as it was so warm in our room. By morning it had only dropped 1 degree. Also, never got the towels I asked for. Food was okay at restaurant, but took a very, very long time to make. Pool is nice, but cold. No towels in pool area, asked for more, never got any. Breakfast is not included and is $15 for adults. Didn't try it. Went to Jimmy's Egg. Would highly recommend that, very good food and good prices. Also, something else that is really weird about the hotel is that there are no stairs inside for public use, so if you aren't staying on the first floor, you have to wait for the elevator every time. Several other little things I could complain about, but not worth it. I would stay somewhere else for the money. When I complained at front desk at checkout, they did give me half off the room, which was nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

I am sorry to hear about the bed confusion. Please let me know how we can make this up to you. I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed August 8, 2014

I don't recommend this hotel for families. We booked a suite (pull-out sofa for two and a separate room with two double beds) because we have a family of 6. The beds seemed smaller than normal doubles, and the sofa bed my husband and I slept on was so lopsided we took a photo for Facebook! There was no fan or anything to help with white noise, so anytime one of us moved or used the bathroom (right next to one of the double beds), it was super loud! There is no continental breakfast, and the on-site restaurant is pricey ($4 for a glass of milk!). There were two bath towels in the bathroom. It's obviously geared for the business traveler who is expensing everything, which makes sense in downtown - just wish we would've known.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am sorry to hear about your stay. Please let me know what we can do to make up for this. Look out for our future renovation plans coming soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2014

The hotel, itself, is great. We stay an average of twice per year here. The last 2 times we stayed, we had issues: with staff then with cleanliness. I called to verify room was ready, rang over 20 times 2 different times then answered and disconnected twice, 3rd time put on hold for over 24 minutes!!! So drove to hotel to see what the issue was (in the middle of my daughter's sporting event in a nearby school a.k.a. the reason we were in Omaha), the same person (Asian lady with poor English) looked right at me when I walked in the lobby to the desk, was NOT helping anyone, and the phone was still blinking. Yes, I WAS STILL ON HOLD. Manager was there, no compensation or good explanation. Tried to educate them on 'good' customer service, answer calls within 3-5 rings tops, nobody on hold more than 2 minutes, address everyone as soon as they walk in to lobby, etc. After I got past all that, the room was wonderful. Last week, the entire family and I returned to the hotel; checked in around 12:30 a.m. No problems. My husband and daughter took the two little ones to the room and put them in bed while I parked our vehicle. 4 family members had already opened bags and prepared for the next day by the time I got to the room. Daughter pulls out couch-bed and saw a used condom and condom wrapper on floor under the couch. By that time, it was 1:30 a.m. and three family members were already asleep in the bedroom. I couldn't move my family at that point and it would have done no good to report it that night. Nobody slept on the pull-out. We all crammed into the beds. Everything else looked clean. I reported issue in the morning, and an American speaking female, Tiffany, bless her heart, was going to comp the room. I simply asked if we could just stay an additional night for free. She upgraded our room and it was free. (We left the condom and wrapper for housekeeping.) All I can say is it is a really good thing Tiffany was understanding because had she not been, we would never return to that hotel.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your comments. I am following up with my staff right away! If you need anything please let us know!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

I am upset we had a free night stay and was told we had to put down a $50.00 deposit which I did on my debit card for incidentals. They should know if we damaged the room that day and I am still waiting for my refund. They told be it would take 7-10 days really we checked out it shouldn't take that long for the refund to be returned.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

I am sorry to hear that the $50 hold was not released yet. It depends on the individuals bank. If you do not see the hold disappear in a few days please let us know!

Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

The initial problem I had was my misunderstanding of "2 room suite" because I thought it meant 4 double beds in two rooms, but I was wrong. Luckily the adjoining room was available and the staff were so helpful about it. If you are in a hurry, don't eat breakfast there because it's too slow.

Stayed: July 2014

Thanks for selecting us. I hope to see you the next time you are in Omaha!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Scott and Andy made a great effort to earn my business. Between the manager's reception and breakfast cards and outstanding dinner I enjoyed my stay and will consider them first on my future visits to Omaha. It's nice to see folks still interested in earing their business!! Thank you

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey L

We do pride ourselves in great service! I hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I used my Hilton miles to book this hotel. I received an email from the hotel asking for tips on how to make my stay even better before I arrived. Nice touch Hilton! I asked for what I needed, a quiet room for a good nights rest and a view of the city if possible. We did get the nice quiet room but on the North side of the building, turns out a city view would cost more points or money. I miss the days of hotels putting you in rooms they have because they are empty and not charging more for them.
BTW the North view afforded an excellent opportunity to see the sunrise! Sometimes not getting what you want is a perfect outcome!

Room Tip: Northside offers a view of the sunrise