“Repeatedly off the mark, as a top hotel it claims to be”

Aksarben Suites Omaha
Ranked #50 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Something is just a bit disjointed about the service. Starting with a desk staff that is a bit weak in experience and hospitality when checking in. Then the breakfast (a large restaurant with many tables and far few staff can leave you standing in the morning with quite a number of business people needing to get in and out...but that won't happen. Tables not cleared, backed up checkout, the cashier running takeout orders from the back room. Then the breakfast buffet...hmmm. Not great. Hot foods, not too hot, limp and greasy bacon, overdone and cooling potatoes. Limited array of fruit. Costly too. This nice facility needs a major staff overhaul before I try it for business again. Rooms are clean and well appointed. WIFI is free and works well. Housekeeping does a good job.

Room Tip: High rooms are best for street sound avoidance
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thanks for staying with us and taking time to fill out this review. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate your comments. i will be given to my operations team right away! We hope to see you return in the near future! Safe Travels!

There are newer reviews for Aksarben Suites Omaha

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I've stayed at the DoubleTree during numerous business trips to Omaha. The hotel is great about letting my check in early most visits. The staff is really friendly and great. The rooms are spacious and quiet, since the living room acts as a buffer between the bedroom and the noise from the hallways. The breakfast buffet is great, too!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Reviewed May 12, 2014

I chaperoned a group of 19 students on a two night stay here. Long story, but our reservations were completely messed up and I could not find anyone, including the assistant manager, marketing director or front desk personel, that could understand the situation and resolve it for us. It was a bad experience for us chaperones and a very bad one for our students. The hotel employees all seemed very nice, but unmotivated to resolve the situation and make it right. It was actually, at one point, insinuated that this problem was caused by me the chaperone. I can assure you, it was not. It was caused by the marketing director that we booked the group with dropping the ball on updating our rooms lists, after I was assured that canceling a room would not be an issue a week in advance.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Preston,
I am sorry to hear of this experience. I heard about it on my return. I have followed up to make sure it does not happen again. I know this leaves a bad taste in your mouth about our hotel. What can i do at this time to help rectify the problem for you?

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Extremely friendly staff. Stayed here two consecutive nights. Their breakfast was unbelievable. The room was huge with lots of space. Room hage living room and a kitchenette. Room and hotel was very clean. I will definiely be staying here everytime i come to Omaha.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel for the price. Got it from a priceline deal and was happily surprised. Right across from the college of St. Mary's. Wonderful customer service on check-in with fresh cookies and refreshments. Had an upstairs 5th floor room with a fantastic view of the atrium. Living room, kitchenette, desk, two flat screen tvs, comfortable mattresses, balcony...the list of amenities goes on and on. can't wait to check out the pool and gym. Definitely will stay here again!

Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed May 8, 2014

I have spent 15 weeks so far this year at DoubleTree Suites, and will be for another couple of months. Everyone on the staff makes me feel comfortable from when I arrive each week, and throughout the weeks.

The hotel suites are perfect for being both a bedroom and a living room with a small kitchen. I am able to buy food and not have to eat out every day. They have a very nice indoor swimming pool as well as a small Precor Gym.

These amenities plus the friendly staff makes my stays much less stressful.

Room Tip: Rooms near the middle of each side have the best wireless internet access. Maybe one day Hilton will...

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Doubletree Suites by Hilton in Omaha is beautiful, with friendly staff and a competitive price. It was quiet, with easy parking and two good restaurants next door (Steakhouse and Pan Asian). I'd like a cheaper breakfast in-house, but I do recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple