“Enjoyed the suite in Omaha”

Aksarben Suites Omaha
Ranked #49 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Nice place to stay. Staff was friendly, room was clean, housekeeping was great. Nice having the fridge. Enjoyed the hot tub, but the pool was chilly. It was minutes from the zoo, and close to cupcake shop that won on cupcake wars. Also, close to the mall and a Walmart.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and taking time to fill out this review. Your comments will be given to my operations team right away!

We are excited to share that we are in the process of preparing for a new renovation that you will see in 2014!

There are newer reviews for Aksarben Suites Omaha

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is an older all suite hotel, but it is well maintained. Check in was a quick, easy and friendly.
I love it when the front desk has your keys ready and waiting! That Doubletree warm chocolate chip cookie at check in is always a bonus! Our room had a bedroom completely separate from the living room with a sleep sofa, desk and kitchenette. It is always nice to have room to spread out when traveling with children! The only thing that I did not like was that the bedroom had a sliding door that went outdoors to a patio/walkway that was connected to all the rooms.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel offers the same qualities as any Doubletree, with the open courtyard and suites. I would say this is a bit pricey given the region/location and the service quality is not up to Hilton standards. But the room is serviceable and Internet access good. Nice pool area though I didn't go. Breakfast fare was a real disappointment.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 19, 2013

I ahve never stayed at a hotel where the staff was quite so amazing. They were friendly, helpful, and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Truly a joy to stay there.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel appeared to be pretty old and outdated. AC was slightly noisy, TV's were EXTREMELY SLOW to respond to the remote. Although it was old and slightly outdated, it appeared to be maintained and looking as good as an old hotel could. This is an old out dated hotel and you are going to pay the same price as what you would to stay at a new expensive hotel. This hotel needs to be sold to a different company because I don't feel that it represents the quality Doubletree is trying to represent. I'd expect to pay $100 or less to stay at a hotel of this age. Breakfast is not included in the price. I also preordered some food and drinks for my room upon arrival which were not there when I arrived. When I called front desk, they brought me some stuff but didn't bother to check and see what I had actually ordered. Staff was very friendly and prompt. Staff was the best thing the hotel had going for it.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We took our three grandchildren to Omaha on Friday 9/13 to attend the zoo on Saturday. We stayed at the Double Tree and were treated unbelievably. I have become so accustom to check into a hotel and have the desk clerk care less if we were there or not and it being obvious that we are interrupting their evening. It was so refreshing to have all staff at the hotel make us feel welcome, go out of there way to make sure that we were being taken care of and enjoying ourselves. The manager of the hotel Mike Costello came into the pool area, introduced himself and asked if your stay was meeting our expectations. Such a breath of fresh air. The only reason I did not give the hotel 5 stars is the rooms need to be remodeled which Mike told us was going to be taking place this fall. I really felt like they appreciated us staying at the DoubleTree and made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thanks for your kind comments about our staff. here at the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Omaha we pride ourselves in great guest service.
I will pass your kind comments along.
Please let me know how I can help you with anything in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

1.) Showers on floors <=4 should have a pressure cut-off none is working right. Feels like a blaster rather than a shower. 2.) Wireless connections have miserable quality. Signal strength varies durng the sessions, dropouts occur between hours of 7pm to 10pm. 3.) Food quality inconstent. Simple dishes like Fettucine Alfredo with Chicken, Chicken mostly overcooked, nudels undercooked, NOT aldente! Salmon, mostly overcooked.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I am sorry to hear about this experience. I will let my operations team know right away. We are in the process of developing a new menu and i will pass along your comments to our new chef.
If there is anything I can do for you please do not hesitate to call.