Aksarben Suites a Trademark Collection Hotel
$139
MagnoliaHotels.com
$129
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbeautiful atriumdouble treeliving roomfull size refrigeratorwalmartsinkinterstate
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Great hotel and great service. People were very friendly and room was well maintained. Very cool layout inside. This review needs to be a minimum of 200 characters. OK. I guess that's it for now. See you next time. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who asks.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear NKP007,

Thank you for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I also thank you for recommending our hotel and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Westport is a great place to stay - but only if you stay at the Doubletree. The Doubletree Westport has every amenity I need as a frequent traveler, plus some. The food is wonderful - whether breakfast, at the bar, room service, or during meetings. Meeting space is abundant and convenient for those traveling to the hotel. And for those not from STL, use the shuttle! It takes you to a perfect dining/drinking section of Westport! Best run shuttle I've seen!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This hotel is were we always choice to stay when going through Omaha, the friendly staff and service is outstanding. We stay at this property at least once a year and will continue to return. Great food in the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your loyalty and for the wonderful words about the staff, service and food in the restaurant. I am glad that you have enjoyed your stays and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

It's called a double-tree, but it is really an old-old embassy suites with a big open atrium, they claim to have done a major renovation, but a modern light fixture in between the elevators isn't enough. The rooms smell old, like they were smoking rooms at some point in the past, they appear to have newer drapes and I really liked the nook that was perfect for the ironing board, but they really need to replace the carpets and anything uphostered, that goes for the sofas in the room and in the lobby. The chairs looked newer and they were the only thing that I would sit on...the bathroom was small, but nice and the shower head was excellent. The breakfast was pretty good and the serving containers with the hold-open lids were some of the best that I have ever seen used on a buffet. The price is one of the best in Omaha for a hilton-family, but I am not sure if I will be back.

Dear David J,

Thank you for staying with us and I do apologize your experience was a mixed bag. Yes, the property once was an Embassy Suites and was converted to a Doubletree Suites about six years ago. I can most certainly agree that there a few items that will need to be replaced and I am positive will be in the very near future. I do thank you for the kind words about the breakfast buffett and our pricing and I do hope that you would give us another try on your next trip to the Omaha area.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

It's an old property. It needs some simply touch ups and fixes would go along way. The traffic on 72nd street is not peaceful, and can be heard from the room. I can't bring myself to walk on the carpet without shoes. It's one of those rooms. The kitchenette is stocked with NOTHING, NOTHING! And personally I absolutely hate the fact that the front door is surrounded by glass and without the drapes drawn everyone can see in the living area. This place is a choice based on price, not a choice based on " I love it, I'll stay there again".

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear HuskerTX,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. We are an older property and have started a newer process of repairing the little fixes and touch ups that the property needs. I do understand your feelings about the glass doors and this is a unique feature, along with the wrap around balconies, that guests either love or not like when staying here. Again, I do thank you for staying with us and for your valuable comments and hope that you will choose us again the next time you are in the Omaha area.