“Great space!”

Ranked #46 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Hastings, Nebraska, United States
“Great space!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

When staying in Omaha, we always stay at this hotel for the space. The kids have their "room" and we have ours. You are actually getting two rooms for one. With two TV's everyone is happy! This trip we only stayed one night, but usually stay two. We have ordered room service before (the kids love this) and the food was good and the service was good too. The cookies are delicious!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to review your experiences while staying with us on TripAdvisor. I also thank you for mentioning our spacious rooms and glad that the size of the room is perfect for your family. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to you staying with us again.

David Henderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed February 11, 2013

In town on business I needed a Hilton property close to the college for an event I was attending. This DoubleTree was extremely close to the campus and was the primary reason for booking. Overall the hotel was nice, room rate was more than fair. The hotel did show some signs of age but nothing I would consider dingy or sub-par, just an architectural style that belied its age. Condition of the room was fine and being a Double Tree, it was setup in the standard "extended stay" style with small kitchen and separate living area. More than any downsides, there were oddities. My room for example, had the stereotypical 1970's yellow-ish color refrigerator, which worked fine, so no harm, no foul. Oddly though even though there was a full compliment of cabinets and drawers, there were absolutely no dishes or silverware. Thinking this may have been a fluke in my room, I checked with a business associate and that person had the same issue. May seem like a small thing but it undercuts any added value the kitchenette provides.

Took advantage of the breakfast in the lobby/atrium. While the food was good, it was substantially overpriced for what you get, essentially the same buffet style breakfast I have had at Homewood Suites for free.

All in all the pricing was adequate and the staff were nice, but the biggest appeal was the location with is admittedly very subjective.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a review of your experiences on TripAdvisor. I do agree that we are ideally located in Omaha and thank you for mentioning the nice staff and our reasonable rates. Although we do not provide plates and silverware in the room, our food and beverage team is more than willing to bring these supplies to you upon request. I am glad that, overall, you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the valuable comments and we hope that you will choose our hotel again the next time you are in the Omaha area.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I drove over 600 miles to attend a funeral. I wanted to stay at the Hilton DT because I know the brand and usually not disappointed. This time DT fell short of expectations. I was surprised that DT would not offer any late check in or bereavement rate. Instead of staying 2 nights, only stayed 1.The room service food was not worth eating. $50 for a steak dinner that simply awful, it appeared and tasted like leftovers. The hot tub was not hot. The air in the room was not working properly. For $124.night I do expect more.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
I wanted to thank you personally for recently staying with us, and for taking the time to complete the Hilton online survery as well as a review on TripAdvisor. Comments from our guests are valuable to me and my team as they help us identify ways to better our services and amenities. I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations and assure you that what you experienced is not the norm for our hotel. I would enjoy the opportunity to make this up to you and kindly request that you contact me directly at david.henderson2@hilton.com at your convenience so that we may work on a resolution to these issues to your satisfaction. Again, thank you for staying with us and for your valuable comments and I look forward to speaking with you.

mn
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Really mixed bag of thoughts on this place.. maybe expectations exceeded actual...mix of old and new in the room...and transitional work seemed. Very dyi...beds comfortable but seemed smaller...tv's newer but remotes ancient and barely working....hotel was very busy and could hear comments in regards to underage drinking with large group in atrium ..liked the cookies..lol

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank allamerican7777
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
I wanted to personally thank you for staying with us and for taking a moment to review your experience on TripAdvisor. I do want to apologize that you heard about underage drinking while staying here. Unfortunately, we did have an incident in one of the sleeping rooms that involved this behavior and I was very proud of our staff members that recognized the situation, took the appropriate actions and for the Police officers that handled the situation as effeciently as possible. Once again, I do thank you for staying with us and for your comments and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Very disappointing. Upon check in I was told the pool & hot tub were getting renovated & would not be available (it was one of the main reasons I chose them in the first place). I found the suite to be very outdated, the 80's called and wanted their pictures & living room furniture back.
I did not feel safe because the entry to the room is a big glass French type door. Also, in the bedroom there is a sliding glass door leading to a public balcony that goes around the building and my view from it was a run down Asian restaurant with writing on the roof.
The food was horrible and the worst part was in the morning when they double charged me. My company had already prepaid for the room & then they also went and charged it again to my personal credit card that I gave them for incidentals. It took 4 phone calls for me to get it resolved. The girls at the front desk were nice enough but they were young (college age) and should not have had to handle the complaint, the manager should have called me.
Overall I was disappointed, it was by no means a dump, but I expected more for the money. I will not go back there next time I'm in town.

• Stayed January 2013
Morton, Illinois
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the DoubleTree Suites while the U.S. Figure Skating Championships were in Omaha.

The hotel is very easy to find...just a few block north of I-80. I arrived at just about 3:00pm and there was no waiting for the room. The check-in process was seamless, the staff courteous, and I was offered in 'Hilton' fashion a warm chocolate chip cookie.

The suites are quite spacious complete with living area, small kitchenette, bedroom, and bathroom. The decor was fairly modern, the room very clean, and plenty of space to spread out. Both the living area and bedroom feature flat screen HD televisions. The bed was very comfortable with clean white linens and lots of pillows. The sofa in the living room was a bit dated but that was one of the few drawbacks I could mention about the room.

One of the things I didn't care for about the room is the shared balcony space outside the bedroom. There are large sliding doors that lead to a balcony outside however the balcony is accessible by everyone on your floor. At anytime someone could pass your room. I kept the blinds closed which mitigated the issue but limited the natural light in the room. Another was the internet. The internet worked free the first night (you login in with your Hilton HHonors information) but then was 9.95 a day after that. Kind of steep...but the internet was very quick.

The actual hotel itself looks a little drab from the outside. Some minor work to the hotel exterior would make it sing a bit more. When you walk inside you actually walk into a huge atrium complete with living plants and trees. The hotel features a small bar and restaurant (I never ate at the hotel so I cannot comment on the food) which seemed well frequented in morning and on the nights during the weekend I stayed. You can actually see each room from the atrium as each floor has an inward facing hallway with access to each room. There are two large glass elevators that easily transport you up. There was a small exercise room that I noticed with treadmills, weights, and other exercise accessories. there was also a small pool and jacuzzi.

The hotel sits right off of 72nd Street which has lots of restaurants and shopping centers nearby. There is convienient access to downtown via I-80 to I-480. I actually found it easy to get downtown by simply driving down Dodge Street and avoiding the Interstate. Travel time from the Hotel to Century Link Center was less about 15 minutes.

Parking was available for free and I was able to park where I could see my car.

I stayed Thursday thru Monday. While Thursday and Sunday night were very quiet, Friday and Saturday appeared to be busy nights. The hotel was noticeably louder these nights. In the bedroom of the suite you caouldn't hear the noise but in the living area you definitely could. Seemed to be a lot of activity outside the rooms pretty late into the night.

Overall I was very comfortable and would easily stay here again if in the area. Again, the rooms were comfortable and the location right. If Hilton would spend the time and money to get the outside of the hotel a refreshed look, wrk on some landscaping, and some minor tweaks to the inside decor and furnishings, this would be an astonishing hotel. As it, it still is quite comfortable.

Room Tip: Seemed quiter the higher up your room. If your looking for silence, request a room on the 6th floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to describe your experiences while here on TripAdvisor. I do thank you for mentioning our great location, courteous staff and the clean and comfortable rooms and do fully understand your concerns about the wrap around balconies. This is one feature of the hotel that is either loved or not liked at all depending on the traveler. Once again, I thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Omaha area.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 30, 2013

One of the best things about a hotel of this type is the room size. We found the suite to be very spacious for our one night stay as well as being well appointed. We arrived after 11pm and the front desk staff was considerate in providing a quick and easy check in process along with their famous warm cookies. Our room was on the second floor with a king bed. Here are our positive and negative comments about our stay:

Negative:
1) Breakfast buffet is way too expensive for what you get. I believe we paid $15 per person and was adequate at best.
2) Bed: very soft. One of the hallmarks of any hotel is their bedding and we were really surprised in a bad way to sink into the mattress. I would have expected something on par with a Heavenly Bed but we were wrong.
3) Lack of hanging space. A true closet would be helpful rather than just an armoire. No place to hang a long overcoat.

Positives:
1) Very helpful staff! We requested a late check out and there wasnt even a pause by the front desk in agreeing to do so.
2) Well cared for fitness room. Good equipment and was empty when we used it.
3) Great selection of newspapers: local Omaha, USA Today and WSJ.
4) Easy and free parking.
5) Central location we were downtown in 10 minutes.
6) Very clean and well appointed areas.

We would not hesitate to stay again and hope the mattresses are replaced by then.

Room Tip: Ask for a room farthest from the elevator as their are windows on the hallway side of the suite so l...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
I wanted to personally thank you for recently staying with us and for taking the time to complete a review of your satisfaction with our hotel on TripAdvisor. I can most certainly understand the negative issues you encountered and these are areas that we can definitely work on improving. I thank you very much for the great comments about the staff, cleanliness, amenities and location of the hotel and will certainly share your comments with our team. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again the next time you are in the Omaha area.