“Getting old. Too bad. Was nice back in the day”

Aksarben Suites a Trademark Collection Hotel
Ranked #52 of 84 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We are on our second day here of four. We just found an old pizza slice behind our TV. Can not figure out why the maid service can't find a fitted sheet for our bed. We have tried three. No king sheets in the hotel? Pool waterfall not working. The door to the sliding door outside lock is broke. We asked for a screw driver and the lock is stripped. No offer from maintenance lady to fix it. Bathroom paint is chipping off the bathtub. Breakfast was good. Pool is super warm. TVs are nice. Definately not Hilton standards though. Prob won't stay here again but it is one of the only hotels in Omaha that will take dogs that is on the nicer end.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank x98peterson
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

I wanted to thank you personally for recently staying with us, and for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. Comments from our guests are valuable to me and my team as they help us identify ways to better our services and amenities so our guests will continue to stay with us time and time again. I thank you for your positive comments on the breakfast, pool area and televisions and I am using your comments as a training tool with the housekeeping and engineering teams to improve on the areas you pointed out. Again, thank you for staying with us and if I can be of any further service, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel around 8 pm and were in our rooms within 15 minutes. Of course being a holiday there weren't a bunch if people checking in. We had four rooms with two connecting. Large spacious suites and the fridge is fantastic with kids. Hotel was quiet and clean. Definately would recommend for those staying on this side of Omaha.

• Stayed: November 2012
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. The spacious rooms are ideal for families and the business traveler and I thank you for the kind comments on the quiteness and cleanliness of the hotel. Again, thank you for staying with us and for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed at the DoubleTree Suites by HIlton on a Saturday night while taking our daughter to the Omaha Zoo and traveling with another family. The hotel is located in a business district, but relatively easy to find. Also very close to Nebraska Furniture. Check in was great. We requested adjoining rooms, and the front staff arranged them for us. All the rooms are suites, overlooking a large atrium (Old Style Embassy Suites). This layout was perfect, as the kids slept in the living rooms, and adults in the large bedrooms. The kitchen was a bit outdated, but very functional, including a full size fridge. The bathroom was very clean and updated, but also very small. Hardly large enough for 1 person. The pool area was fairly clean, but is starting to show its age. The pool was usually crowded both in the evening and in the morning. There was a conference on the 6th floor where we were staying that played music later into the night, but not overly bothersome.

I would definately recommend the breakfast buttet in the morning. We purchased it in advance through the Doubletree website for an additional $5 per room. Not per person, PER ROOM! Made to order omelets, large buffet, fresh fruits and juices. Well worth the $5, and up to 4 people could eat for that price. Overall, lots of families for the weekend. I am sure much different during the week. Highly recommended for families.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and agree that the hotel is perfect for families. Our location in Central Omaha is convenient to the Zoo and many other attractions around Omaha. Again, thank you for staying with us and for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to the Omaha area.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

There are many things wrong with this hotel:
-repairs that have been done are only half done...the cabinet under the sink had plywood that didn't even meet the back wall, where there was an open dirty area that looked like animals probably lived back there
-both remotes in my room would take pressing the button 10 times before selecitons would be registered
-the beds felt like they were original to the hotel and had never been updated - almost a shaky feeling to them and a double size...I felt like I was staying in a hostel
-breakfast was supposed to start at 6 but was delayed because all of their employees were late that day
-even the signature doubletree cookie wasn't fully cooked...it was almost raw
-the doorway area in the front of the rooms are glass with thin curtains so you have to pull the 2nd thicker curtains across the doors if you don't want ever person walking down the hallway to look into your room
-balconies are not separated so you can't really leave the doors open because anyone on the same floor could just walk in
-while the rooms are huge, the bathrooms are the size of a closet
-half the lights weren't plugged in at all
-even though I have diamond status, and the hotel was at least 90% empty, I wasn't offered a room with a king sized bed, or even a room on the top floor
-the location of this hotel is questionable. Alot of the local businesses that used to be in this area have moved out, thus giving an abandoned feeling at night when walking out to your car

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Road_Warrior_Raleigh

I am disheartened to read your feedback and would love the opportunity to make this right. As I cannot see your profile here I would ask that you kindly reach out to me, so we can make this right. I hope you will give us an opportunity to do so. My contact is david.henderson2@hilton.com or my direct line is 402-255-9156 and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Mr. Henderson was so kind to our group and so helpful when we traveled up to Omaha in October 2012. We took a group of 12 students and had nothing but good things to say about the hotels. The rooms were awesome, a very clean and "homey" environment to us. Perfect for a relaxing stay before a contest we had to compete it. Great job by David Henderson. We really enjoyed our stay and will be back next year!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. It was wonderful to meet you and your team and I hope you did well at your competition. Being in Omaha, I do not often get a chance to run into a guest from my home state of Texas, let alone my home town and the college I attended, so it was truly a delight that we met while your team was here. I am glad the hotel exceeded your expectations and I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Pulling up to the place you think you are about to check into a Super 9 motel. It's not attractive from the outside at all. But I was completely surprised by the inside. Amazing hotel. super nice, very clean, love the open feel to it. This is a perfect location right off the interstate. We WILL be staying here on our next visit to Omaha.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sufusimz
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites a Trademark Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you for staying with us and for the great comments about the hotel. We look forward to your next return to Omaha and staying with us again.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was in Omaha for almost a week for business and was pleasantly surprised at the room size. The living area has a full-sized refrigerator and microwave - great amenities for an extended stay or families traveling with children. Fridge seemed to be new, by the way; had to add that after reading other reviews. The staff - Pan, Clarissa, Courtney, Jordan, Mikala - were all wonderful. The Asian restaurant across from the hotel, Crystal Jade, is a really decent place to dine, if you don't want to do more than cross the road.
Improvements I'd suggest would be updating the mattresses and changing up the breakfast buffet. The same items were served every day and that got old quickly. The A/C definitely needs work, but I believe the GM told us they were working on that. And a dedicated shuttle driver is needed! Even if it's on a part-time basis. The front desk staff are way too busy at times, to have that as part of their duties. It's frustrating to those who are waiting on the shuttle and those waiting to be helped at the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor -- don't hear as much noise from the atrium.