“A hidden gem in Omaha”

Ranked #47 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Sioux Falls, SD
“A hidden gem in Omaha”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Pulling up to the place you think you are about to check into a Super 9 motel. It's not attractive from the outside at all. But I was completely surprised by the inside. Amazing hotel. super nice, very clean, love the open feel to it. This is a perfect location right off the interstate. We WILL be staying here on our next visit to Omaha.

1 Thank sufusimz
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for the great comments about the hotel. We look forward to your next return to Omaha and staying with us again.

David Henderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Pasadena, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I was in Omaha for almost a week for business and was pleasantly surprised at the room size. The living area has a full-sized refrigerator and microwave - great amenities for an extended stay or families traveling with children. Fridge seemed to be new, by the way; had to add that after reading other reviews. The staff - Pan, Clarissa, Courtney, Jordan, Mikala - were all wonderful. The Asian restaurant across from the hotel, Crystal Jade, is a really decent place to dine, if you don't want to do more than cross the road.
Improvements I'd suggest would be updating the mattresses and changing up the breakfast buffet. The same items were served every day and that got old quickly. The A/C definitely needs work, but I believe the GM told us they were working on that. And a dedicated shuttle driver is needed! Even if it's on a part-time basis. The front desk staff are way too busy at times, to have that as part of their duties. It's frustrating to those who are waiting on the shuttle and those waiting to be helped at the front desk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor -- don't hear as much noise from the atrium.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for the review on TripAdvisor. I thank you for the kind words about the staff and the size of the rooms and we are definitely working on the items that you suggested. It was a pleasure meeting you and we look forward to you returning to the hotel the next time you are in the Omaha area.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Run, say your money , book a hotel six ....Hilton should be ashamed to even have this property associated with it brand. Noisy air conditioning, poor lighting in the room, torn carpet, TV sits at an angle. Breakfast area was small and not able to provide enough seating to eat. Fronts desk people was okay non of them stood out when it came to offering good customer service. This was an Embassy Suites at one time. The one good thing was the hot chocolate chip cookie.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
1 Thank SN1960
I am disheartened to read your feedback and would love the opportunity to make this right. As I cannot see your profile here I would ask that you kindly reach out to me, so we can make this right. I hope you will give us an opportunity to do so. My contact is david.henderson2@hilton.com or my direct line is 402-255-9156 and I look forward to speaking with you.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This property is of a style popular in the '80s with a huge soaring atrium for the entire six floors of the hotel. The location is just north of I-80 in an area of mostly big-box retailers, strip malls and a few office buildings. Not a glamorous location, but my work was about a mile away so it was perfect for me.

My room was a true suite with a large living area and wet bar and a large separate bedroom with a balcony. No shortage of space here! The room had obviously been remodeled but was still showing a few signs of wear. For a room so large it was odd to find that the bathroom was fairly small and there was no closet except for a tiny armoire in the bedroom. The bed (a king in my case) was comfortable but the A/C in the unit tended to blow just cool-to-tepid air and had trouble keeping the room really cool. There are large TVs in both rooms and a few of the channels are in hi-def. There is wireless internet (not free, unless your plan includes it) but the speeds were adequate even during the evenings.

There is an on site bar and restaurant that was OK and an Asian restaurant across the parking lot that was actually pretty decent.

While I probably wouldn't make this hotel a destination, if I had to be back in the area I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. I do have to agree that the rooms are quite large and are perfect for families, the business traveler and extended stay guests. The atrium is strikingly beautiful with all the live plants and we even have one of the largest indoor Bird of Paradise plants in Nebraska. I do apologize about the A/C and we have taken steps to prevent this from happening again. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your return.

Anamosa, Iowa, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I read so many reviews before finding a hotel, that i honestly couldn't remember which places were what. So upon arrival the person at the front desk was on the phone with another guest about water issues, my husband and i were worried. The price for our two double bed suite (to accomidate 6 of us) came to about $430 something (that was including the $50 damage deposit). We thought that was a great price. When we got to our room, our first thoughts were of how spacious the room was. We checked for the contols for air since that was a complaint from some and we were able to control it. Loved the high pressure of the shower! There are some reviews that i agree with, but the ones that are the big ones that i think are the big deciding factor that i wish we would have been awaire of are.....breakfast was just outradiously priced $10 a person! Lets face it folks....its breakfast....not dinner. I dont eat $10 in eggs and toast, let alone my children (6yr old ate a few pieces of watermellon and half an apple cause most of it was bad). We usually stay in a Comfort Inn were i can get the same breakfast for free. On top of the meal price, we had an extra charge of $10 for a tip for the watress! I shouldnt be FORCED to tip. Another watress came over and commented on my tattoos and was quickly given the stern eye by someone whom i assume to be the manager. (They are a cupcake and pastery bag as i am a cake decorator). The pool was dirty, going underwater you couldnt even see the bottom, the water was so cloudy. Hotub wasnt hot. Children were allowed to be in there without parental supervision. Had to pay $10 a day to use the internet ( which i needed for my buisness). Upon checking out, we had to wait for housekeeping to check our room....thinking that we would get our $50 deposit back...NOPE....hotel also charges you for everyday that you are there for housekeeping. They only cleaned our room once! The rest of the time we had a do not disterd sign up, because they had folded our night clothes....a bit creepy touching my clothes. The hotel could use a make over...it is a bit dated. The fridge, cabnets, pull out couch, and chairs were old. Somethings were nice and some were just old. We will probably find somewhere else to stay next time...if things arent changed by then.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Shelby G
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Dear Shelby G.,

Oswego, Illinois
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I am here for 3 nights, tonite being the first. I was already moved to another room because the room they gave me smelled terrible - I thought it smelled smoky, however housekeeping came in to spray febreeze and commented it smelled like "dog". I had to request to move to another room (instead of them offereing when I said it smelled terrible). Rooms are outdated. Neither of my cell phones work in my room - sprint personal phone or AT&T work phone - not a good thing for a business trip. The girls at the front desk were nice but commented that no one else has complained about phone service and theirs work fine. I will not stay here again on my business trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for staying with and for your feedback and I am very sorry to learn about the problems you experienced while here. I would love the opportunity to make this right for you and invite you to contact me, so we can fix this. My direct line is 402-255-9156 and my email is david.henderson2@hilton.com.
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have stayed many times at the Double Tree Suites by Hilton. The entire staff prove time and again to be friendly, outgoing, caring and often go above and beyond to make sure I am comfortable during my stay. From the Housekeeping staff all the way up to the General Manager I have always been greeted and welcomed. I highly recommend this establishment for business person, family and to anyone who just wants to enjoy a place they can call home away from home. This is the place to stay when you are away from home enjoying Omaha.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
James,

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words about your experience while here on TripAdvisor. I do have to agree that we do have a wonderful staff and it has been a pleasure to meet and get to know you during your visits. We look forward to everytime you stay with us and I promise that we will start begin addressing you as Jim and not James from now on. Again, thank you for staying with us and for your kind words.