“Perfect for us”

Ranked #62 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
South Sioux City, Nebraska
“Perfect for us”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My wife and me stayed here for our 40th wedding anniversary. The rooms were clean, and neat. The service was excellent. The breakfast was great. altogether the perfect room for us. Two room suite, large tv in both rooms... Price wise - a steal. quiet secure, blocks from the freeway, or main roads in Omaha, so travel and access was excellent. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
cgruber, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Omaha, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Thank you for your review; your feedback is very important to our team! I'm so glad to hear that you and your wife had a great stay with us during recent visit to Omaha. We hope to see you again soon!

Cori Gruber

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Kimberley, Canada
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Clean.

Great breadkfast - really. .

Had to book through non-Hotel web portal as hotel itself had no room inventory for four nights required.

All is well, here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank eastpouce
cgruber, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Omaha, responded to this review, October 26, 2010
Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast! I look forward to seeing you the next time your travel to Omaha!

Newport OR
Reviewed October 16, 2010

The staff at Premiere Suites of Omaha could not have been nicer or more helpful. The units are located one block off the highway, so there was no noise from traffic, and my stay was very quiet. The suites are roomy and extremely comfortable. There was a free mini-buffet from 5:00-7:00 the night I stayed, and breakfast the next morning. The only drawback I found would be if you don't have a car and need to be near the downtown area (it's about 60 blocks away). Also, if you have trouble climbing stairs, asking for a downstairs unit. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
cgruber, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Omaha, responded to this review, October 19, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel! We appreciate your review! We can't wait to see you the next time your in Omaha.

Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed September 28, 2010

Good location for our trip to Omaha, NE w/mother-in-law and kid in tow.

Visited family, friends and enjoyed local restaurants, plus the Omaha Zoo. Highly recommend the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha - excellent!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our team. I would agree that the Omaha zoo is awesome as well! Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I look forwarding to seeing you the next time you’re in Omaha.

Reviewed September 19, 2010

The rooms are spacious and unique. A bit older but well maintained. The value was tremendous. Very ample parking, small workout area and clean pool. The free breakfast is awesome. SO much better than other free breakfast hotels. Very quiet and our third floor room had a great view of trees and was private. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. We booked online and paid only $90 per night including tax. Thank you trip advisor for the recommendation. Oh, it was sold out this weekend so others must love it as well. Cheers.

• Stayed September 2010
Thank you for your review! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our team. Our food service team members work hard to ensure that our guests have wonderful breakfast during their stay so it is great to hear that their hard work is paying off! I'll be sure to pass on your kudos to them and the rest of the team! Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I look forwarding to seeing you the next time you’re in Omaha.

Edinburgh
Reviewed September 19, 2010

WE stayed here while visting friends in Omaha and the surrounding area.The hotel suite was spacious ,and clean, maid service was good,the breakfast(free) was excellent with a good range of dishes over our 10 day stay and the staff were helpful and welcoming.
We had a minor problem with ants which was dealt with promptly and efficiently.There was also a light diinner, also free,available,but we never made it to that.Boxes were available to allow you to dine in your room or carry away a snack,and overall we would reccomend ths hotel.Some parts of the building were out of bounds due to a previous flood and we were told this was sometime ago.However it did not attect our stay.Overall it was very good.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with our team. I apologize regarding the ant issue but I am glad to hear it was handled promptly. We are just in the final weeks of repairs on the flooded section and hope to have that area back in service prior to Thanksgiving. Again, thank you for taking the time write a review and share your experience. I look forwarding to seeing you the next time you’re in Omaha.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Reviewed September 11, 2010

In short, this hotel does not live up to the ratings it receives...at least this time. I booked online after reading numerous good reviews (only a few bad), & I had my dog with me so it was a plus that they allowed pets.
The front lobby was nice & had a decent breakfast & light dinner. The staff was courteous, but nothing more than I would meet at another hotel. The parking is tight & crowed & if you need a place to relieve your 4-legged companion--there's not much.
Not even 20 minutes after we arrived I knew it was going to be a bad stay. The room they put us in was bottom floor tucked away in a dark & dirty exterior walkway. Upon walking into the room, a very strong odor between insecticide, cleaning supplies & must hit me. As we put down our luggage, I saw dying roaches on the floor & tons of spider webs in the room. It was apparent that this room had not been renovated recently as one website claimed. The phone didn't list anything if you needed to contact the front desk or know how to make a outside call. The room was picked up, but I wouldn’t say it was clean.
About 30 minutes into our stay, I went back out to unload the car to find it had been hit in the parking lot when another guest pulled in to park. Since the hotel does not ask for vehicle info, we were on our own to find the owner. It is a "park at your own risk" (as the sign states), so I went inside just to inform the staff in case someone came in to provide information. While inside, I informed the staff that the room had roaches & spiders. I was then informed that they "spray often for insects." I asked if we could be relocated since I couldn't take the chance my dog eating a dying insect & then getting sick while on vacation. The manager obliged, but without saying much of anything. She did however move us to a bigger room on the other side of the hotel on the top floor. This room was a little better, didn't smell except for a little musty. This room had not been renovated either, but looked better maintained. The tub & shower were badly chipped & cracked & the carpet looked dirty. I did see a few spiders, but nothing major.
Outside walkways had tons of spiders, webs & bugs all over ... even walked into a few going up the stairs.
It was a busy hotel, but leaves me to wonder where others have stayed if this was a "great" stay?!?!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; I truly value your review. Again, I would like to apologize for the experience you and your husband had while visiting our hotel. We pride ourselves in providing friendly, efficient service with clean, comfortable surroundings and we have fallen short in your case. I have spoken with my team and revisited our procedures to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I hope that we have been able to redeem ourselves in a small way and that you may give us another try in the future. Thank you again for your feedback.