“What a spacious room!”

Ranked #62 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
nebraska
“What a spacious room!”
Reviewed November 16, 2006

Our group booked this hotel with hesitation. But after a stay here we are coming back for next year. A wonderful location, very spacious rooms, excellent food. There is one downfall of this property for families no indoor pool or spa.

• Liked — spacious rooms and they have full kitchens
  • Disliked — outdoor pool and the hotel is not completely inside accessible
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank CentralNEfamilyof5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Mokena, IL
Reviewed June 27, 2006

We stayed 4 nights at the Homewood Suites during the College World Series. The entire staff was very helpful. We were a baseball team staying here for another tournament. All the families were very pleased with their spacious rooms, breakfast in the mornings and the courteous staff. The laundry room was great and the pool was very clean. They have 2 computers and printers that were useful although we used our laptop in the room with the wireless connection.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank KSue63
South Florida
Reviewed June 24, 2006

This hotel is an excellent choice if you want privacy and a quiet night. We liked having a kitchen and a door between the bedroom and living room. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast area was large and the staff was helpful. The evening reception is a cool bonus. Very impressive business center. This hotel is excellent for families.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank GoCanes87
jackson,ms
Reviewed May 22, 2006

I've stayed in this hotel once a year for about nine years and I always enjoy my stay. The rooms are not elegant, but they are very roomy, the bed is fine and I like having two separate rooms in my unit. The breakfast is always more than adequate. And recently they have put in two (not one) computer stations in the lobby for internet access.

Stayed May 2005
1 Thank scottishlad
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed August 21, 2005

Convenience: Very convenient to mid Omaha. Easy access to I80 as well as very central for shopping, restaurants etc.

Parking: Basically okay, the semis that were being used for construction storage a bit overwhelming but assume that is a short term problem.

Rooms: I stayed in one of the refurbished rooms. It was nice, clean etc. However I wouldln't hire the construction crew that worked on it. Alot of small details that could of easily been completed had been left unattended. Calking corners, touch up painting of woodwork, good trims of new wallpaper just hung.

Comfort: The bed was great, pillows nice and plump. The AC in the room was working overtime. (was very hot while I was there) The new shower curtains in the bath were really nice. Chair/couch in living area very nice for tv watching in the evening.

Food: The morning breakfasts were yummy, the evening snack just right.

Staff: You couldn't ask for nicer folks. Very welcoming. They were all bending over backwards to make my stay nice. They were all so worried because the hotel had areas of construction that would not normally be there. The general manager and assistant made a point of personally asking me if there was anything I could see that could be improved. I made a couple of small comments and by the next morning my comments were already implemented!! What customer service!!!!!

I can't rate this hotel excellent right now because of the construction, however I am sure once it is completed if there customer service stays top notch it will get an excellent from me in the future.

I was there visiting family and it made my stay in Omaha very nice. I was there from a Wed to Monday. Would certainly recommend this property to anyone looking for a nice place to stay in Omaha.

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank BernAussie
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2005

Room had wallpaper glue on sink, and on kitchen sink in large globs , and also had one unplugged tv, one broken t.v., and then the remotes would not work at all even when my husband got new batteries, then the bathtub was dirty, the refridgerator would not shut and broke our drink bottles, next no lightbulb in the lamp, night clerk did not have replacement available to her, one bed had a soft pillowtop coverother did not, on the positive side the breakfast and lodge were clean nice and great, aLSO, I felt deeply embarressed when I brought these to her attention like I was some kind of complaining freak or some thing. I left to walk around while they fixed things and my husband stayed, everyone was a little stilted, and I felt like a complete idiot.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Omaha hotels

Dallas, TX
Reviewed April 5, 2005

stayed on business, nice but average facilities, seemed liked converted apts, needs freshening up for elevators and better lighting/handicapped features for ingress/egress to buildings, included wireless internet & breakfast a plus.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business