“Unsafe location - car vandalized”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Omaha
Ranked #61 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The room was decent enough but our new car was vandalized - rear window smashed - and all the gifts I had purchased for Christmas in the back of the Prius were stolen. We were parked right next to an entry door but at the end of a unit. In all our many years of traveling we've never been victimized like this. The place needs security cameras and more lighting on the backside. I would not recommend staying here to anyone. There was also no effort on the part of the hotel to reimburse us for our one night stay as a token gesture. So for a so-so room, I am out an insurance deductible and all my stuff.

Room Tip: Do not even think about parking anyplace except very near the front registration....even then, remov...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank RozieMMO
Terry F, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am so sorry about your car. We have very little issues with vandalized cars and I am sorry it happened to you. I do appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed November 28, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Let me start by saying I got a really good deal on the room through Hotels.com. The location is great, just off 72nd and near the interstate. It is a fairly quiet place. The front desk employees were very friendly at check-in. The breakfast area is large and a hot breakfast is served with waffles and eggs plus a meat. You do have to walk outside to get to the main building where the breakfast is served. While the room is spacious, the carpet was in bad need of cleaning as were the upholstered chairs by the table. Our bed was straightened and looked cleaned but we found a used bar of soap in the bathroom and blood on one of the pillow cases. We told the front desk and the room was cleaned while we were gone. After that, our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank onebirder

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. We are working hard to make some updates. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast and that the staff was friendly. If you are ever back in Omaha I hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The room was very large, the beds comfortable and the breakfast wasn't bad, but....
The steps leading to our room were metal mesh and were completely rusty. It is an accident waiting to happen. I had to bend down a piece that was sticking up ready to trip someone. Some places in the stairwell were so rusty they looked like they could fall through any minute. The fridge in the room was so noisy we had a hard time hearing the TV. The bathroom lights were so dull it was like going to the bathroom in the dark. We heard water heater noise during the night and the room was not cleaned yet when we tried to check in at about 4pm. We got a good price, but when I checked my Visa bill that came later, there was an extra charge of $16 for a movie we didn't watch. For some reason this movie was not included on my bill when we checked out in the morning, but was tacked on to my credit card later. If you stay here, watch for that! I wonder if that is how they make up for their cheap rates!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jenny W

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am so sorry about the movie being billed to your credit card. If you would please call the hotel ask to speak to Terry I will personally get that taken care of for you. It is not our policy to charge you once you have left for anything that is not on your original bill. We are working hard to get some updates made to our facility.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hotel is in serious need of renovation. We had stayed here last year and it is really starting to show allot of wear. Exterior in need of paint. hallways are dark and dreary.Rooms are very large, overall a nice place, just needs updating. Very tight parking area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dsabo6

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations. We are working hard to make some updates to our facility. Thank you for the kind words and your honest thoughts on our hotel. If you are ever back in Omaha I hope you will stay with us again.

Hawthorn Suites Omaha NE

Reviewed November 13, 2013

This is a nice quiet place smack dab in the middle of Omaha. We had a problem with the A/C in the first room but after calling they moved us to another room. It was a clean comfy suite. We had two tv's amd full kitchen. The breakfast was good too. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel.