“Wonderful stay”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Omaha
Ranked #60 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed September 12, 2013

First time staying at Hawthorn Suites for us. We stayed for four to five days in late august. Clean roomy suite with kitchen, pet friendly. great staff, very good breakfast, laundry area and exercise room and well maintained pool area. Would definitly stay there again when in Omaha.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Terry F, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for letting us know. We take all of our reviews very serious.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The good:
1. Friendly Staff
2. Free Breakfast (slightly above average when you go early)
3. Convienent Location

The bad:
1. Felt/ Looked like section 8 housing
2. Very outdated furniture and bedding in the rooms
3. Smelled like there was a mold problem.

For the price it was about what I expected.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so sorry we did not exceed your expectations. We have started to update and you will see a lot of changes over the next year. Thank you for your honest feed back we read through and talk about all reviews at our weekly staff meetings.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our first stay at a Hawthorn Suites. We were VERY impressed. The set up was perfect (we had a K/DD 2rm suite). When I called ahead of time with a special room request and to ask odd questions, the staff was friendly and answered and accommodated. When we arrived (at 2330) we went to our room. There were some dirty things. when I mentioned them to the front desk the next morning they sent housekeeping immediately to fix the issues. RENA, housekeeping, was wonderful. She wanted to know what my expectations of the rooms cleanliness were and then fulfilled them.

The front desk staff was very friendly. There was a problem with kids jumping and running in the room above us. they took care of it and we had a peaceful evening the next evening.

AAAAAMMMMMMAAAAAZZZZIIIINNNGGGG was the breakfast team!!!! The hotel was sold out. For the most part the breakfast team kept up with the food. They did run out of fruit and food one morning. I would have like something that my diet would have allowed (allergic to eggs, pork, yogurt, and cannot have bread) the fruit was my best choice but 2 days in a row the cut up fruit was gone and they had no more. The breakfast team was very friendly and had super sweet dispositions!!

As most of the reviews have said...Parking leaves a LOT to be desired. There needs to be more handicap spots. There were only 2 by our room (looks like there used to be more but the signs were removed and the handicap paint signs were painted over. There was one car that took 2 spots, right in front of our room, all three nights. The hotel staff should have contacted the people to be more considerate (if they needed that much room then park in the farther away spots, don't make the handicap people park on the other side of the complex to walk over). Especially should have been addressed when parking is a premium.

We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get there early to get a parking spot and get to breakfast early.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Terry F, General Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you taking the time to write a review for our hotel after you stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and I am sorry we ran out of cut up fruit. This time of year we have issues keeping great fruit in stock. I was very happy to read your review to our staff and I personally thank you for your kind words.

Terry

Reviewed September 2, 2013

While the facilities are a bit dated, that was be overcome by outstanding service and preparation. The suites were roomy and well prepared with the kitchen a nice plus. The complimentary breakfast was well above the norm. I used the fitness center and pool and they were adequate. Service and value considered I would look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. We understand that we are a little dated in decor so we work extra hard to make sure the hotel is clean and we have a staff with great customer skills. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your stay.

Terry

Reviewed August 31, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed August 26, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel is set up like a condo/apartment style. The breakfast was beyond the stardard fare. Saved $20 each morning as the complimentary breakfast was certainly satisfactory; also picked up a few micowave meals from Trader Joes for relaxing in room dinners. The suites are roomy and the kitchen was a nice plus. The sofa offered a comfortable seat; especially with the flat screen TV in the living room. The mattress was comfortable and the bedding was ample and cozy. The bathroom/on suite had the open vanity walk thru with a seperate toilet and tub area. Worked out perfect for sharing. The front desk staff was exceptional. I did have an unfortunate miscommunication with the housekeeping staff on Tuesday. The hotel only changes out linens on Tuesday, I asked housekeeping to wait until I left (10 minutes at the most) to service my room...and I also informed her I left a tip for her on the kitchen table. I was not pleased to return later that night to a room that had not been vacuumed or bed changed/made...yet the tips I had left to " To Insure Proper Service" had been picked up. But after 4 nights of lodging all in all I give this property 5 stars. It could be updated...but then the rate would be double or triple easily. The room we were in was quite. The a/c worked great as well as a ceiling fan in the bedroom was a nice plus.

Room Tip: When we return to Omaha...we will stay here again...but next time we will select the DELUX room opti...