Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Omaha
$179
$161
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsliving roomfull kitchenwaffleshot breakfaststove topan overnight staydishwasherroomyvanityzoorates
Reviewed August 25, 2013

The hotel is set up like a condo/apartment style. The breakfast was beyond the stardard fare. Saved $20 each morning as the complimentary breakfast was certainly satisfactory; also picked up a few micowave meals from Trader Joes for relaxing in room dinners. The suites are roomy and the kitchen was a nice plus. The sofa offered a comfortable seat; especially with the flat screen TV in the living room. The mattress was comfortable and the bedding was ample and cozy. The bathroom/on suite had the open vanity walk thru with a seperate toilet and tub area. Worked out perfect for sharing. The front desk staff was exceptional. I did have an unfortunate miscommunication with the housekeeping staff on Tuesday. The hotel only changes out linens on Tuesday, I asked housekeeping to wait until I left (10 minutes at the most) to service my room...and I also informed her I left a tip for her on the kitchen table. I was not pleased to return later that night to a room that had not been vacuumed or bed changed/made...yet the tips I had left to " To Insure Proper Service" had been picked up. But after 4 nights of lodging all in all I give this property 5 stars. It could be updated...but then the rate would be double or triple easily. The room we were in was quite. The a/c worked great as well as a ceiling fan in the bedroom was a nice plus.

Room Tip: When we return to Omaha...we will stay here again...but next time we will select the DELUX room option for the larger unit...for the $3 or 4 upcharge.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've stayed at the Hawthorn Suites in Overland Park, KS and expected the same experience. Well, close but, "not. I was greeted by a cheerful, knowledgeable young lady and was quickly processed and in a very nice suite in a very short time. The room was, outstanding in every way except for the A/C. It just never quite delivered a comfortable temperature, however the bed was comfy and I slept well. This, "compound" is stretched out downhill with the lobby, breakfast area left with virtually no parking spots and it's up hill. Get out your hiking shoes. This facility doesn't offer a complimentary evening meal or cocktail hour as I'd come to expect either. Breakfast was tasty with meat and eggs, plenty of variety in a spacious dining area. Aside from a few assumptives on my part it was a very nice stay. Yes, I would/will return. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Be prepared to walk to the breakfast buffet and check-out. Try to get a room near the lobby. A/c may prove to be an issue. No Evening Complimentary food/cocktails. Lots of ramps in the hallways!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We were in Omaha for one night at this property.
The Good: The front desk/lobby area was large, clean, bright, and welcoming. We didn't use the complimentary breakfast, but it looked very good. The room was big with the living room separated form the bedroom and bathroom by French doors. There were TVs in the bedroom and living room as well. We also liked the ceiling fan in the bedroom.
The Not-So-Good: The bathroom light over the toilet and bathtub was really dim, making the bathroom dark. The bathroom had several maintenance issues, such as cracked tiles and cracked grout. The sofa looked worn and a little dingy. We sat on it, but had to think about it first. There were a few stairs to get into the building, not allowing us to use a luggage cart out to the parking lot. Also, the entry letters on the hotel map did not match up to the entry letters on the buildings. We were looking forward to a hot tub, but alas, only a outdoor pool.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

After reading others' reviews, I knew what to expect at this hotel. The facility does need some work, but for the price, it was quite reasonable. Pluses: pleasant staff, clean large rooms, comfortable beds, hearty breakfast buffet, kitchenette (with fridge and microwave), and quiet. Negatives: worn/stained carpet, peeling wallpaper, cracked bathroom tile, and tiny shower/tub. We were disappointed on the second night of our stay that the pool was closed for maintenance. I know this has to be done at some time, but it was still disappointing for our little guy. An odd, slightly uncomfortable moment occurred the morning of the last day of our stay. Check-out was at 11 a.m. and at 8 a.m., our family went to breakfast. We came back around 8:45 a.m. and our room was being cleaned. We obviously, had not packed up all of our belongings yet, so we sat inside our room on the sofa while they finished up. Curious why they couldn't wait until we had checked-out. Overall, if you're looking to save money (like we were) and want a clean, reasonably priced hotel, this will fit the bill. Just don't expect everything to be perfect and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I've always thought that Hawthorn Suites were pretty nice hotels, especially when coupled with the Wyndham name, which is known for it's nice hotels. I was surprised at this hotel, and not in a good way.
When we were looking for a hotel in Omaha for my family (2 adults, 2 kids ages 7 and 4), we were looking for a 2 room suite so the adults could stay up while the kids went to bed. We've stayed at the Doubletree in Omaha in the past and really liked it, but thought we'd try something different. The Hawthorne Suites popped up in my search and voila, the reservation was made.
We were pretty surprised as we drove up. The paint was peeling from the sides of the buildings, the parking was ridiculous, the buildings were hard to navigate. There are several buildings to the hotel. It's like it was an apartment complex at one time so everything is connected by walkways. Not a huge deal when it's August. I can't imagine walking outside to breakfast when it's January in Nebraska.
The room wasn't as nice as we expected. It was the little things that were missing. There was a sign stating to put your recyclables in the provided paper bag under the sink, but the bag was missing. The typical hotel shampoo and conditioner were from 2 different companies. The walls and doorways were pretty scuffed up. It's like the room needed a good deep-cleaning. The pull-out sofa bed wasn't made. I had to go on a search through the drawers to find the bedding, then make the bed myself. Not the end of the world, but not expected. The bathroom vent was loud and make a grinding sound. The shower curtain wasn't wide enough to cover the entire shower. There were 2 outside doors to the room. One lead to the shared hallway, the other straight outside. This made my husband nervous as the kids were sleeping on the sofa bed in the living area. And the list goes on...
A good aspect was the buffet breakfast in the morning. There were omelettes, a waffle iron, cereals, pastries, sausage, hashbrowns, instant oatmeal, and an assortment of fruits and yogurt.
Another weird thing about the hotel was the pool area. It's outdoors, which we knew prior to booking but we didn't realize how small the pool is. There were 15 people, mostly kids in the pool and it was fairly crowded. And the 3" area where most of the kids were is very small. It falls quickly to 4" then 5". Also, there are grills available for hotel guests to use. There happened to be a family grilling out their dinner while we were in the pool. It was a little awkward to be right next to them but not included in their party.
The hotel is in dire need of a update. We noticed the room number plates by the doors had a sticker on them. One was peeled off to show a duck underneath. Apparently the hotel was once a Homewood Suites and the new owners never changed the plates. The was also probably the last time the decor was updated.
Overall, it was a decent hotel for the price. Everything was pretty clean, the breakfast was good, it was pretty quiet. But it was the little things we've grown to expect from a hotel were missing from the Hawthorn Suites. When we take our next trip to Omaha, we won't be staying here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family