All reviewsold market areacourtyard marriottgreat locationoperations managertypical courtyardfront desktall ceilingswithin walking distancecentury link centercouple blocksomaha downtownbreakfast and dinnerwould stay here againcenturylink centercorner roomparking lotstreet noise
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

Came to Omaha for work and had to find somewhere downtown. Typically I stay with SPG but was willing to give Marriott a try as they had a great deal for AAA members. The hotel is in a great location. Parking is tight and cost $10 but that is a reasonable for downtown.

I was very happy to receive an upgrade to a suite from a 1 king room. The suite was very spacious and had a fridge/microwave. The room felt brand new and must have been remodeled recently. Next time I visit I may even be willing to pay extra to guarantee the suite again. I also liked that I could stream Netflix directly to the tv!

Only (minor) complaints were with checkin. The front desk agent was not rude but wasn’t super welcoming either. Apparently I look like a teenager because it took her a minute to calculate from my drivers license whether I was old enough to reserve a room. I also had to remind her about the platinum gift which was one free item from the marketplace. Most courtyards offer a $10 food+bev credit and I would have preferred that instead. Other platinum members make sure you ask for the free item because if you don’t you won’t get it. Maybe the front desk agent was just having a bad/long day so I won’t hold it against them!

Once again, enjoyed my stay and hope to return next time I’m in Omaha.

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed June 3, 2018

A friend and I were in Omaha to see the traveling production of Wicked at the Orpheum. I booked two rooms at the Courtyard, since the hotels we usually stay at (Hilton, Marriott, Hotel Deco, and the Magnolia) were running almost double of what the Courtyard was charging that particular night. Having never stayed at this property before, I didn't request a room location, trusting that the front desk would take care of long-time Platinum members. Instead, we were placed in the hotel's worst rooms, in my opinion, with not an upgrade to be seen. (Side note: my husband has been upgraded many times when he stays at Marriotts on business but I routinely get 'the worst' rooms. There's definitely some gender discrimination going on, which is a completely different conversation).

The only bone they threw us was putting us on the 9th and 10th floors, but take my advice - if they try to put you on a room facing north, refuse it. Constant, LOUD, traffic noise, combined with super great touch of having a connecting room to the group who decided to stay up until all hours, meant I finally drifted off to sleep about 2:30 a.m. My friend's AC didn't work and they "solved" it by bringing her a fan to use. Having booked the hotel, I was completely embarrassed with my choice. At one point do you realize that traffic noise+connecting room noise does not a happy long-time Marriott customer make???? I will add that there was an 'incident' in the Old Market around midnight that meant sirens involving emergency vehicles - that's not what I'm talking about - the traffic noise that was so disturbing were the usual cars and motorcycles that you will hear every night in this particular room location. The new decor is nice, but their treatment of this platinum member left me cold. I won't ever be back and I've already told several family members and friends to steer clear of this property.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
CourtyardOmaha, Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Thank you for staying with us. We apologize for the noise and air conditioning issues issues you experienced during your stay. We understand that we have fallen short of your expectations and appreciate our Platinum guests for their great loyalty to Marriott. When available we do upgrade our Platinum guests as again we greatly appreciate their choice of staying with us and understand that there are many other options they could have chosen. We hope you give us another opportunity on any future visits to Omaha. Thank you!

Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

Everything you expect from a Marriott courtyard, no more and no less. Very polite staff and clean rooms. I was here on business. The WiFi was good, bistro was good, serving Starbucks. Oatmeal and coffee to stay my day!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2018 via mobile

Came to Omaha for a cousin of mine's wedding a couple of week ago, check in at front-desk was quick but I requested for a box fan for our hot room at 6pm but didn't get it until midnight when we were coming back from the reception. Thank you Mercie for going out your way to get that done with a smile & "thank you" note, you made our stay.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

The property is newly refurbished. The decor is spot on.
A few downfalls, parking on a busy weekend is kind of a nightmare. The lot is small and the spots are small. Online check in does not mean your room will be ready at 4:30.
Everyone who had booked and checked in for a double queen was left waiting in the lobby as none of them were clean. We waited 20min for our room after I had checked in 24hrs in advance. The website lets you add extra amenities, no foam pillows? They are on order and have not come in yet, WHAT. If you want lotion, you have to ask for it, then get it from the front desk. Shampoo and conditioner, the bottles will be enough for one person with short hair. If you need more, go to the front desk. The housekeeper on our floor liked to leave the vacuum cleaner running in the hall while cleaning, good thing she was able to turn the music up on her phone to drowned out some of the vacuum cleaner noise. The breakfast in the lobby was good. The street noise was bothersome from time to time. I’ve stayed in other hotels in the Old Market, they were much more quiet. If your on a budget, this property is fine. If your not worried about spending more on your room, book another hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
CourtyardOmaha, Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Thank you for staying with us and we apologize for the issues you had during your stay. The service we provide is very important to us and we obviously fell short during your stay with some members of our staff. We appreciate your bringing these to our attention and have addressed them with the appropriate members of our staff. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you consider us again on any future visits to Omaha.