“Great place to stay”

Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed February 23, 2006

Beautiful hotel 2 blocks from the oldtown area which is an easy walk. I checked into a non smoking room and my room smelled of smoke. I went downstairs to switch rooms and noticed I was next to a smoking room. The girl was apologetic and immediately switched me to a different floor/room. I walked in, and the room had the fresh courtyard smell. Facility was clean, well kept, service was great, breakfast was good. The gym has 3 treadmills, a bicycle and stairmaster in a fairly small room, but avg equipment. My room at the hotel was very quiet contrary to previous reviews. The only other problem was my wakeup call was an hour early one day. Better than an hour late! In summary I would recommend this hotel to others.

Stayed: February 2006
7  Thank Vacationer9898

Reviewed September 5, 2005

Stayed here Labor day weekend. Enjoyed the hotel. Courtyards tend to be pretty consistent and the architecture of this hotel makes it a bit above many courtyards. Staff was nice and helpfull. Rooms were clean and comfortable. In a good downtown location. I had no problem with noise as some people had noted and there was a lot going on in downtown that weekend.

• Stayed: September 2005
10  Thank jjjjinTX
Reviewed August 25, 2005

I have stayed here a few times on Priceline for b/t $40-$50 and I think it's a heck of a bargain. You only get one king bed through Priceline though ... $10 upgrade fee for 2 doubles. As stated the sofa makes into a single bed though.

Anyhow, the rooms aren't huge or anything, but a nice size and the included high speed Internet is a bonus (not wireless). The rooms are clean and comfortable and you get a free USA Today each morning.

You cannot beat this location ... right between the Qwest Center and the Old Market ... a really short walk to either. You can't beat this hotel for the money through Priceline imho and the Garden Inn across the street is decent as well if that were to come up (2.5 star level). I might not feel so positive if I had to pay full price, but I have enjoyed this hotel when I've stayed there.

The breakfast buffet was good, but not absolutely great.

• Stayed: August 2005
10  Thank Husker4theSpurs
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We just got back from staying at the Courtyard Marriott (June 17-27, 2005). We were there for the College World Series and booked the trip last minute so paid top dollar for our room but I thought it was worth it.

The hotel is in a great location. It is about 3 miles from the airport, 3 miles from Rosenblatt stadium and the Henry Doorly Zoo, 10 blocks from the Omaha Children's Museum and walking distance (5 min. walk) from the Old Market area.

As a previous review pointed out, the building is two old warehouses renovated and converted into a hotel. I found the rooms and other areas of the hotel to be very clean. Our room was not large, but adequate. We rented a car and never had trouble finding a spot in the parking lot--it did get full but they have a lot across the street that was usually empty.

The noise at night--It is by a freeway entrance on one side and exit on the other. Solution--after the first night I drove about 1.5 miles to Walgreens and got 5 sets of earplugs for about $2. I usually travel with earplugs because you never know about the noise so don't let that ruin your trip(note to previous reviewer)!

The hotel has a breakfast buffet ($9 adult, about $4 child). I guess the other reviewers have not been to the Courtyard since they have had this but it is really good. They have someone who will make omelets or eggs anyway for you. On the buffet they have scrambled eggs, grits, potatoes, bacon, sausage and grits. There is also an area for make your own waffles. They have some fresh fruit, muffins, cereals, yogurt, milk and orange, grapefruit and cranberry juice. It is open 6:30-10:30.

They do not serve lunch, but have a burger, sandwich type menu at night (4:30-10:30?)and a bar/tv area.

There are a lot of places for lunch or dinner a short walk away at the Old Market area. We ate at Billy Frogs(burgers, etc.), Zios(pizza, pasta), Spaghetti Works(good kids menu), Upstream (good food but $) and all were good.

We thought the Zoo was great. Most of it is indoors so weather is not a factor. They have some unique exhibits and it is one of the best. Our kids loved the Omaha Children's Museum. I did not think it was that great but they did (we went 3 times over 10 days). Best for kids 10 and under.

We also went to the local waterpark/amusement park--we just did the waterpark section. They had a wave pool, lazy river and 2 slides. Again our young kids were thrilled but the older kids might be bored. Great place for adults to be outside and read a book.

The last weekend of June there is a big art festival in the Old Market area. I went Sat. and a little while on Sunday and it was great. Good art, food and live music.

We were going to baseball games about everyday so that took the rest of our time but I don't think there is much more to do in Omaha.

• Stayed: June 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 2, 2005

This hotel is a great location, and while it is close to the bridge to Iowa, it is a charming hotel that has been renovated from Old factory buildings in Omaha.

It's a great location to walk to the Old Market, restaurants, shops and everything! Easy parking (unlike the Embassy Suites or other hotels).

Check out the old lobby on the second floor, it's a great room.

The staff is friendly and by far this is a wonderful Omaha hotel.

• Stayed: May 2005
7  Thank CAMarc
Reviewed September 26, 2004

If this Courtyard is ranked #2 on Tripadvisor for Omaha, then the hotels in Omaha must be in a really sad state.

Stayed there for one night in early September, 2004. The hotel is flanked on two sides by two streets, one is the onramp and the other is the offramp for the freeway. We were kept awake all night by rumbling traffic and squeaking brakes. On the third side is the elevated freeway itself. The fourth side is a busy downtown street.

We got the hotel for a Priceline bid of $40 and the clerk behind the desk refused to give us two beds, insisting on a single queen size bed. The room was tiny and made even tinier by the addition of a rollaway bed. We had to step on the beds to get from one side of the room to the other.

The bathroom was tiny as well. Cleanliness was so-so. The room had a bad, musty smell.

The night clerk was rude because we were Priceline customers. When a couple of businessmen checked in after us, the clerk was all politeness and smiles. The gofer who brought us the rollaway bed was nice.

Breakfast was watery juice and coffee and a soggy packaged roll that may have sat around for weeks.

Avoid this hotel even if you are bidding on Priceline. It is not even worth the Priceline rate, as you will not get any sleep there.

6  Thank Tahoep
A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, CO
Reviewed July 10, 2004

Great hotel. The Omaha Courtyard is actually two older brick buildings which were gutted and joined together by a new addition. The new addition rooms have balconies--I think there are approximately 16 balcony rooms total. The lobby is fairly upscale. Towards the back of the lobby, although hidden from view unless you walk back there, is a beautifully restored grand staircase to the second level. I suspect alot of guests miss this altogether. The rooms are spacious although very boringly decorated. The building is listed as 9 floors although its really only 5--the reason is because of the two joined buildings, the floors don't match up, so you got a situation where floor 4 in the east building may be 5 fee higher than floor 3 in the west building. Rooms on the South side of the hotel have side view angles of a beautiful park about 1 block away with a 200 + feet high fountain that is lit with colored lights at night in the late spring, summer and early fall. The Qwest Center--arean/convention center--is two blocks to the North. The Old Market which is a brick warehouse district filled with bars, boutique shops, restaurants and street performers is 2 to 3 blocks to the South. The walk to either the Qwest Center or the Old Market is along 10th Street and is very safe even at 1 am in the morning on a weekend night. The parking is free also but can get very tight on a weekend night. The workout room, pool and jacuzzi area are superior--great atmosphere. The hotel has a free shuttle to and from the airport, and the local casinos in Iowa provide free shuttle to and from Harrahs's and Ameristar casinos which are about a 2 mile and 3 mile drive away. Henry Doorly Zoo--one of the top 10 in the nation, and Rosenblatt Stadium home to the college world series and a simple 4 mile drive down 10th Street which the hotel fronts. The airport is only a 7 minute drive away also--just go north on 10th Street, turn onto Abbott Drive and you're there.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member