“Great staff, excellent location, nice stay”

Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Ranked #39 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Originally, I had reserved a room at the Marriott in West Omaha at a lower rate. It was only at the suggestion of one of my colleagues on this project that I switched to the Courtyard. Typically, I avoid Courtyards now as they do not comp breakfast for their most loyal guests, Platinum Elites. Courtyards are the only brand, other than resorts, in the Marriott family that will not do this. Yes, they have their new Bistro dining concept; however, it is overpriced and unremarkable. Were it not for this issue, the rating would have been "Excellent".

That point aside, my recent stay was wonderful. The staff was warm, caring, welcoming, and helpful both before and during the trip. They each were truly devoted the Marriott "Spirit to Serve". Minutes from the airport, this hotel is just north of the Old Market district of Omaha with no end of marvelous restaurants, pubs, grills, and wine bars, all within walking distance. Except for the expected mediocre fare at the airport, I didn't have a bad meal the entire week. While the building is old like most everything else in the area, it is well maintained and up to date. The room was spacious and well laid out for a business traveler. Despite the breakfast thing, I will be back, and that is more than I can say about most Courtyards of late.

1  Thank TexasVoyager_BW

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nice hotel with a great location. Everything in the Old Market area was within walking distance, we never had to walk more than 15 minutes to get anywhere. Although if you prefer not to walk, the hotel has a shuttle service that will take anywhere in the vicinity at anytime you want, you only need to notify the front desk when you're ready to leave and they will call the shuttle for you.

The hotel also has a few extra features that they charge you for, such as $8 parking per vehicle and breakfast that ranges from $6 - $15. This isn't uncommon for nicer hotels in downtown areas, but its just nice to expect it before you get there. The internet was free, which was a bonus.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Staff well trained, polite and helpful. During my recent stay, Morgan was very helpful in filling us on area attractions and even calling casino shuttle bus for us.

Very convenient Bistro with excellent Food. The fitness center was very convenient with modern treadmills you can run on and not worry about breaking your Back.

Very clean pool. All shuttle drivers were very polite and prompt to pick up at airport.

Room was excellent as expected with great Wifi service. Got right in.

Overall, great experience.

Room Tip: Check out 9th Street atTavern across the street. Be careful with traffic as the highway off ramp is...
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stayed and are currently staying here and if we could get a refund, we would. We brought a group down, recommended this place and the management or lack thereof is a joke. We had a simple request for the kids in our group and hey failed at that. Empty apologies and a complete lack of courtesy is the norm. This was our 3rd yr in a row staying here and I live Marriott hotels. Next year and any other year I'll be staying at a Hilton.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank mchurch23
CourtyardOmaha, Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback. We value your opinion as we use this information to hopefully better our operation. We hope you consider us ahain on any future visits to Omaha. Thank you.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Typical Courtyard Marriott in a cool, older building--the bistro breakfasts were good, averaged about $13 per morning for me. Within walking distance to downtown. The location is very nice. Airport's not far, either. Also within walking to the Arena, the world series baseball stadium, and a few theatres.

Hotel front staff were courteous and helpful. Room was nice--ceiling was much taller than I expected and I liked it. Walls were a bit thin (I could hear my neighbor's alarm in the morning.) Overall a good stay. I imagine I'll stay here again.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Everything about this hotel embodies care and sensitivity. A 1913 building has been carefully transformed into a lovely, quiet and comfortable hotel. Rooms are generously sized and well appointed. I wish I could remember the names of everyone working there; all were so helpful. The operations manager Steve Skelly overflows with enthusiasm for the facility he runs, and that translates to guests as a delightful experience staying there.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Smooth check in with an extremely helpful employee named Linsey, she was very friendly and knowledgeable. Comfortable stay! No complaints! Enjoyed the pool, although I wish there was a hot tub. Did not use the gym, but it looked nice despite being small.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business