“Just fine.”

Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Ranked #40 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Typical Courtyard Marriott in a cool, older building--the bistro breakfasts were good, averaged about $13 per morning for me. Within walking distance to downtown. The location is very nice. Airport's not far, either. Also within walking to the Arena, the world series baseball stadium, and a few theatres.

Hotel front staff were courteous and helpful. Room was nice--ceiling was much taller than I expected and I liked it. Walls were a bit thin (I could hear my neighbor's alarm in the morning.) Overall a good stay. I imagine I'll stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Everything about this hotel embodies care and sensitivity. A 1913 building has been carefully transformed into a lovely, quiet and comfortable hotel. Rooms are generously sized and well appointed. I wish I could remember the names of everyone working there; all were so helpful. The operations manager Steve Skelly overflows with enthusiasm for the facility he runs, and that translates to guests as a delightful experience staying there.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Smooth check in with an extremely helpful employee named Linsey, she was very friendly and knowledgeable. Comfortable stay! No complaints! Enjoyed the pool, although I wish there was a hot tub. Did not use the gym, but it looked nice despite being small.

1  Thank DunderMifflin83
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I went to Omaha on a business trip. Booked a room again at the Courtyard because I've been so happy with my stays there in the past. Again, was not disappointed. The room was very clean, beds/pillows more comfortable than my own bed at home. Shuttle service took my downtown to my meeting and picked me up less than 5 minutes from the time I called for a ride back. Front desk was unbelievably accommodating and friendly, and the fitness room and swimming pool were kept immaculately clean. I have stayed at many hotels, and this one by far is my favorite.

1  Thank Tom C
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Apart from the hotel's building - an older warehouse type located near the Old Market district - the Courtyard Marriott in downtown Omaha is your typical Courtyard. The lobby has been updated to the new Courtyard lobby style with areas for reading, a few computers, a cafe with breakfast and light meal offerings, a small selection of alcoholic beverages and and a snack area where you can buy snacks, drinks and meals to microwave. Rooms are a good size with the usual furnishings. Service is friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the local area attractions. The hotel does charge for onsite parking, however this was waived both times I stayed. During the week the hotel seemed to cater to business travelers and on the weekend there were decidedly more families. Rates are fair for the property and in comparison to nearby alternatives.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

This hotel was a nice surprise in Omaha. It is located within walking distance of the Old Market District and many other great restaurants. The rooms are very clean, modern and updated with everything you could want to feel at home away from home. Their staff is incredibly service oriented and went the extra mile to ensure a comfortable stay. I will stay here again when I return to Omaha.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Older hotel... very retro feel. Smell of bakery permeated hotel. Nauseating. A little cinnamon/vanilla is good... too much is too much. won't stay here again. PERky clerk and not in a good way. Did not recognize marriott status. Kind of tricky to get into - parking is interesting to say the least.
Hdd to go back out to my rental car to get license tag info for check in. When questioned, "Clerk said, "well, you don't want to get towed, do you?" Well, of course not. Intersting that description of car was not good enough. (tag # was rubbed off rental key so I could not read it.)
Not a good vibe. Cannot recommend.
When i go back to Omaha will make another choice.

Room Tip: find another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank G D
CourtyardOmaha, Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate your feedback on your stay and apologize for the issues you experienced. Parking at our hotel is $8 per night and we provide a pass that is placed on the dash board of the vehicle while in our lot. We do not want our guets to have to go back to their vehicle in inclement weather and alternate arrangements can be made at the desk it that is the situation. We also offer complimentary shuttle service within a one mile radius of the hotel which can be very helpful in the event of poor weather. We hope you give us another opportunity on any future visits to Omaha.