“Business meetings are always great here”

Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Ranked #30 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Midwest
“Business meetings are always great here”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I frequent this Courtyard every three months for business meetings that we hold at the property in their meeting rooms. From very beginning when I get picked up at the airport (usually in the late evening) to when I check out, every staff member has a smile and great energy. It really makes a difference. Mick Low and Kristi Low go above and beyond with our business group to ensure that we feel welcomed, our needs are met, and that we get things done while meeting. Mick and Kristi can almost predict our next steps after recalling our specific details each time we visit. On a personal note, they both go out of their way to remember where you are from and create a connection that makes me feel like more than just a one time visitor. The location is great and our employees love being able to walk to the Old Market for shopping and dining options.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tom H, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that Mick and Kristi take care of you and everyone attending your meeting.
Thanks for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed September 27, 2013

It has been refreshed and the staff was very helpful and friendly, just be aware that it is one of the older Courtyards, at least compared to my recent experiences. Excellent location for visiting the really cool old downtown area and major sports venues in Omaha. Fine place to stay if you can get a good discount on the rack rate.
There was a fair amount of street noise during the night; mostly motorcycles and cars ripping down the street below our window.

Room Tip: Get as high a room as possible to get away from the street noise at night.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tom H, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for your comments!

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay.
Roseville, Michigan, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I stay at this Courtyard on a regular basis, the staff there is always great. Mick & Kristi Low who work in the Bistro in the morning, take great care of me and other customers. They are always friendly, I look forward to catching up with them. When you travel it's always comforting when the staff takes care of you like they do.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to recognize Mick and Kristi. They really do a great job of taking care of all our guests.

Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I travel a lot for work. Everytime I go to Omaha, I stay at the Courtyard because of the staff. I look forward to visiting with Krist and Mick in the bistro. They know what I am going to order and I look forward to visiting with them. When you travel a bunch for work it is nice to feel some connection to the places you stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tom H, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. Looks like Mick and Kristi are taking great care of you.

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Morning breakfast is good beginning for the day. Mick and Kristi are excellent and very pleasent server. They make my everystay at this courtyard very enjoyable. They rememberd the way I like my oatmeal and chai tea. I travel for business and I am on the road more than 50% of the time. Please try it out and see it yourself.

Room Tip: All rom are quiter especially away from elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Tom H, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hi

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. It is so nice to hear that Mick and Kristi are always ready to take care of you.

Thank you for staying with us!
Bella Vista, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Was not pleased with our recent stay at the Downtown Courtyard Marriott this past weekend. The rooms carpet did not look to have been vacuumed recently. Our air conditioner unit in the room was very loud, and unfortunately it was warm in the room - so had to run it most of the time. The maid service was poor at best - and again did not vacume or replace our towels when they clearly had been used and were draped on the bathtub. When I stated that I was un-happy at checkout - I was told that if I would like to give feedback - to send a review in. Too bad a manager did not care enough to at least talk with me.
There are other options to stay in Downtown Omaha - I would not recommend the Marriott at this point.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank 859Marciaw
Hi

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor. I am sorry for issues you had while you were with us. Your comments have been shared with the team so we can improve the service we provide.

Thanks again
Dickson, Tennessee
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Excellent service from Morgan at the front desk. Room was a suite type setup with a very comfy bed, a couch, desk area to work at, and plenty of space to make yourself at home. Room was well taken care of or recently updated as it was decorated very nice.
Starbucks in lobby serves great coffee with very good service and they have food available as well.
Wine, beer, and I believe he said even a full bar is available there too although you could walk to a great bar in the old market with a better bar/grill atmosphere.

• Stayed September 2013
Tom H, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hello-
Thank you for taking the time to post some comments on TripAdvisor about your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that Morgan was able to provide some great service as you checked in. I am also pleased you found your hotel room comfortable and updated.

Thank again!