“Fabulous hotel”

Ranked #30 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous hotel”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A fabulous hotel, especially for the price. I paid $80 and loved it. Hotel is modern and very clean. Staff was fantastic, helping me order food after midnight. Beds are awesome as are the rooms. I've stayed in many places for twice this price that were not nearly as nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JRH131313
CourtyardOmaha, Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
We appreciate your staying with us and your comments on our hotel. Thank you for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Tampa, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was a great hotel very close to downtown within walking distance. Breakfast was not included but it was good and you can always go somewhere else. It was clean and I did enjoy my stay there and would do so again. I did not have any complaints and the staff was awesome.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SuperAnonymous
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed our hotel.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I highly suggest the Downtown Courtyard neat the Old Market in Omaha. What a great weekend. I especially would like to comment on a great staff. I travel a lot and am Platinum Elite with Marriott so I have seen the good and bad. Our experience was great. The room was good with the exception of whatever came through the plumbing into the room hot tub.

I love the fact that the hotel caters to the customer. Thanks for the shuttle rides to nearby food and attractions. Taija was our driver. Give that girl a Marriott Star. You can tell the staff loves what they do. These people work really hard to make your stay nice nice. The pool area and execise areas are great. A lot nicer than most Courtyards.

We live in Des Moines, so it is nice to have a place so close to get away to and you know you can depend on them for a great experience. The staff was always good for making great suggestions for dining and entertainment. Go to D.J.s just up the street on College Football Saturday, really fun..

To us the great staff was what made this stay so special.

The only thing that could have been better is more pillows and the bedding could have been a bit newer. Other than that we'll be back. Nice Job!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Old Market. Nice View. The hot tub is not really a big deal in less...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, we are glad you enjoyed your stay!
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Walking distance from the Old Market district, ConAgra headquarters, and the CenturyLink center, the Courtyard Downtown Omaha is well-situated. But this is not the only selling point – the rooms are well-appointed. Marriott has preserved the historic building and modernized the accommodations.

Check-in was efficient albeit impersonal. After confirming identity and payment details, the associate handed me the room key. It appeared that the associate was going through the motions and delivering a pre-recorded script. Check-out was similar. While I do not typically engage in lengthy conversation, personable associates would move this hotel from “very good” to “excellent”.

My room was on the top floor, and I was pleased that the hotel honored the request in my profile. Upon opening the door, I was surprised to see a long hallway. After all, I’m accustomed to opening the door and seeing the entire room. I passed the bathroom on the left and continued down the interior corridor. Suffice to say, I was delighted with the room. The décor follows the newest generation interior – attractive red hues, moveable desk, flat screen television, and bedside lamps. What made this room unique was a very high ceiling. This was a corner room, so there were also large windows on two sides. Marriott has done an exceptional job in maintaining the historic building’s character while modernizing the rooms.

As with the vast majority of Courtyards, there is a breakfast Bistro downstairs. Room service is not on the menu, but the Market district and a multitude of restaurants are a 10-15 minute walk. In terms of other amenities, wireless internet is free of charge. Guest parking is $8 per night, and there is an overflow lot when the hotel is at full capacity. I did not have an opportunity to visit the exercise facility.

In summary, Courtyard fans will be pleased with this downtown property. If you haven’t stayed at a Courtyard, this will set a very high bar that few other Courtyards can match.

Pros: Modern rooms in an historic building, walking distance to Old Market District and CenturyLink center

Cons: Impersonal associates

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank scl44
Thank you for staying with us! we appreciate your comments on our hotel.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was such a welcome sight after rejecting another hotel in the area. We first stopped at a supposedly refurbished hotel that was noisy interior, uncleaned bathroom, and had a questionable parking area (safe we did not feel comfortable leaving our car).

We reached the Courtyard to be welcomed with a well lit parking area, welcoming staff member, and stylish interior. The room was comfortable, quiet and sparkling clean. We did not even here other guests coming or going out of their rooms. Beautiful walk in glass doored shower. Yes, we slept well and glad we found this hotel...it will be our first choice next time!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms. Ice machine is behind closed doors on the floors and the...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank partyof13june12
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2012

From one side it is a modern Courtyard...no surprises. From another angle it is a charming old building that fits right in with the old market district. Lobby is just what you expect if you have been to a Courtyard lately. My room was in the rear, which is the older building. 12 foot ceilings made the standard Courtyard furniture look like doll house furniture, but was comfortable none the less. The bed was better than most, and that was what I was there for. No view at all from my room but I'm sure some would be fantastic! The only complaint is bathroom lighting was very dim.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank MikeTretick
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for a sales meeting in early Sep. Typically a Courtyard is pretty cookie-cutter. Not sure of the history of this building- but it has been revamped. Rooms, showers, etc, are quite nice! Staff was very cordial as well. Would certainly reccomend staying here.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business