“Great experience on 2 different stays”

Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Great experience on 2 different stays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

This hotel was very consistent with their great customer service, super clean rooms and cool (but not cold) pool. My family and I stayed here on two different occasions and never had less than perfect service.
The shuttle driver not only took us to the rental car area of the airport but also provided excellent directions to help get us started on our adventure.

I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Katherine H
, General Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Hi

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of the Omaha Courtyard Downtown. I am so pleased that you were so well taken care of by our staff. Our staff is the reason why we have so many repeat customers every year! It is great to hear how our shuttle driver not only took you the car rental area, but also gave you some helpful hits on places to see and things to do.

It looks like you are a repeat customer so I wanted to thank you for your loyalty. We find this is very common because of our great customer service and our location in the heart of Downtown Omaha. At the Omaha Courtyard Downtown, you are close to the Old Market, Century Link Center, TD Ameritrade Park and the many other wonderful attractions Omaha as to offer.

Thank you again for your time and loyalty!

Tom Helm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I found the Marriott Courtyard Downtown to be very quiet and I was on the second floor overlooking the parking lot and 10th street. You would think it would be noisy but it wasn't. My room was huge but slightly odd as you climb a few steps up from the foyer and bathroom into the actual room. It was clean and nicely decorated. There is nothing charming or unique about this hotel beyond the odd step as far as I could tell. It's a typical Courtyard with the same decor as another I stayed at recently in a different city. While wifi was free, breakfast is not. The breakfast was edible but not great and kind of expensive. They charge $6-7 a day for parking. The best part of the hotel is that it has a great location for walking around the Old Market area. It's just a few blocks away. The Marriott staff is very friendly and can give you recommendations and a map.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank chicagotravelgirl
CourtyardOmaha, Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is made up of 2 old buildings that were renovated as part of a historical renovation and there are some rooms that have some unique features such as the stairs you mentioned. Breakfast is served in our restaurant from 6-9:30am on weekdays and 7-11:00am on weekends. Thank you for your comments and we are glad you enjoyed our hotel and the surrounding Old Market area. We hope you stay with us again when you visit Omaha.
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

Courtyard's special value is its great staff, they are extremely nice, warm, helpful, everyone with happy face, very impressive, made me realize Omaha is such a nice place to visit. I stayed just this Tues and Wed on a business trip, my original reservation was with Fairfield, but their rooms were oversold, I was then trying with Double Tree and with no luck there, Courtyard happened to have one last room at the time, likely from a cancellation (this is popular time and hotel, I didn't get a room in Courtyard back month ago), the 6/5 night shift receptionist was compassionate over the phone, immediately secured room on computer with her own name for me, and arranged shuttle to pick me up at few minutes after 11pm! She was indeed very warm and nice, plus with beautiful smile! She was patient and anticipated any needs that I had. I was looking for quick dinner, and got good recommendation from her, she also recommended Upstream restaurant for our group gathering the next day, turned out to be fabulous place for dinner, best beer in town and good environment.
The room is very large, clean and quiet, excellent location, very short walking distance to old market and many good restaurants in the area. The hotel is close to riverside walk jogging over the bridge area also, the only thing I didn't get used to is that the hotel doesn't have a restaurant for serious breakfast, old market doesn't have a place to offer good breakfast either which is surprising. anyway, the staff at this hotel made my Omaha trip one I will never forget!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank sdm_133
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your comments about our hotel. On The weekdays there are 2 options for breakfast in the Old Market area, The Diner on 12th & Harney and Wheatfield's on 12th & Howard. On Sunday's there are a couple more options that have a brunch menu. Our restaurant "The Bistro" is open for breakfast from 6-9:30am on the weekdays and 7-11:00am on weekends. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you do so again on any future visits to Omaha.
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Great location and very nice staff. The rooms were decent and I was happy that they had a shuttle to take me to a nice local restaurant.

What was bad was the noise I heard from cars all night......loud mufflers, racing by and big trucks. I was on one of the top levels and I could still hear it. I had a business meeting the next day and the car noise was frustrating because I was woken up two times.

Location was good, but I will choose to stay somewhere else because of the noise...even though I like my Marriott points.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LnicoleP
CourtyardOmaha, Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Thank you for staying with us and we are glad you enjoyed the area attractions and our shuttle service. We apologize for the noise issues you experienced. Tha alarm clocks in our guestrooms have a "white noise" function that may be helpful with minimizing a noise issue. We appreciate your staying with us and hope you do stay again on any future visits to Omaha.
Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

Just spent 4 nights here visiting family. The location is great and the hotel had several very nice features. I would stay again if I was alone or perhaps on a quick business stopover but frankly the room was so small it was claustrophobic for my husband and me. The room is well equipped with a frig and microwave but it is really packed in to a small space. I would consider nothing less than a suite in any future stays. The walls also were very thin...we thought the guests in the next room were in our room! The lobby is so well set up for socializing or working or meetings. Really, I wanted to spend no time in our room in favor of sitting in the lobby. Most of the staff was really helpful and personable. For the price, I don't think you could do better in that area and I have stayed in 2 other hotels within the same area...better rooms but more expensive.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gfdeb
Anamosa, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

We stayed at the Courtyard for one night during Memorial Day Weekend, 2012. We had an uneventful stay, and would recommend this hotel for someone who wants no-frills, basic lodging in a good location. The hotel was clean and bright, the rooms large, and the front desk staff accommodating and friendly. Be aware that the walls are paper-thin, and you can hear everything going on in the hallways and adjacent rooms. The hotel lounge was large but had an operating-room feel -- lighting way to bright, no ambiance whatsoever. Pool was adequate but dark, the hot tub VERY hot.

Once again, these complaints were fairly minor compared with the overall experience, which was positive. Bring your earplugs, however, if you want to sleep!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank IowaBoy1
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a brief stopover in Omaha for a friend's wedding - it's nothing special - probably best described as functional - a place to sleep - so an ok choice for a few nights. Very large rooms and overall hotel was clean. Good lobby/lounge area downstairs but unless you are prepared to live out of a vending machine you cannot buy food at all hours of the day - so we weren't able to get a late breakfast/early lunch on our departure day - not ideal just before a long journey back to the UK - this was probably our main complaint. The best thing about the hotel other than the big comfy bed was its proximity to the Old Market area of Omaha - really good area for browsing the shops/farmers' market, having lunch, drinks, dinner etc. Complimentary transfers in the hotel shuttle to and from the airport also a bonus (and the airport is only a 10 minute drive). Good choice of you just need somewhere to sleep/dump your suitcase for a few days - but would not recommend if you want something memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the opposite side to the sports bar out the back of the hotel - we were on the 5th...