“Not fancy, but delicious”

Shucks Fish House & Oyster Bar
Ranked #50 of 1,399 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Description: Have you been to the Gulf Coast or New England and liked the feel of a good old-fashioned Oyster Bar? Well, we brought one back for you! Featuring Oysters on the Half Shell, shucked right in front of you. Shrimp or Oyster Po' Boys, Walleye, Fried Clam Strips, Shrimp, Calamari and Oysters (thinnest breading in town). Plus Crab Cakes, Clam Chowder, Gumbo, wide selection of Salads, and daily FRESH FISH specials.
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Friends from western Nebraska drove in to come here, we went with and weren't disappointed. Very good oyster options, wide range of beers from light to very dark, all around a fun place to spend a casual evening. Lots of the really good stuff is deep-fried and delicious.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Really?.. I can't believe that Old Chicago is ranked higher than Shucks!...

I went during happy hour and we order as appetizers 10 oysters. They were so fresh and sweet that we order 10 more. I had them while drinking a local brewed IPA... Lucky bucket.

As main entree we had Citrus Scallops and Crawfish Etouffee. The scallops were good...

The ambiance was relaxed and service was good. For my wife and I, no matter how the restaurant looks, as long as it is clean and the food is good.. is all what it matters.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Great service, great food, relaxing atmosphere ( come in your shorts and tshirt - but do it with flair )casual dining at its best

Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were at the downtown location- got there in time for Happy Hour- $.60 oysters! We enjoyed those, then I had the Blackened Basa and Husband had the salmon. Both were excellent! Better than the seafood dinners we had the night before at a much fancier, pricier Omaha restaurant. The atmosphere is a little like a dive bar, but we had so much fun and the staff was so friendly. The bartender even gave us an oyster shucking lesson. It is definitely our "go to" restaurant in Omaha.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have eaten at Shucks near 168th & Center St only three or four times. It was great the first couple of times, but then became sort of average the last couple of times. I always got the fish tacos. I didn't try anything else. The service was always good and we never had to wait to be seated. I'd say give it a try and see for yourself.

Been to Shucks Fish House & Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!