“Good drinks, but lousy food.”

Roja Mexican Grill West
Ranked #137 of 1,351 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Mexican, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Roja Mexican Grill serves it up Tex-Mex style. Fajitas, tacos, enchiladas, tostadas, chimichangas and more, all with sizzling smack and an extra helping of Tex flavor.
Omaha Nebraska
“Good drinks, but lousy food.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

margaritas were awesome, but the food was unbearably salty. The black beans were inedible. I plan on coming back and trying something else, or just for happy hour.

Visited November 2012

Omaha, Nebraska
“Love the tortilla soup and house salad”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I must say I have not ventured much out on their menu to try different things. The last half a dozen times I have been there I gave had a bowl of tortilla soup and their house salad with the jalapeño ranch dressing. The portions for either of these are very large, so I eat what I can. Love them both! I am usually there with a girlfriend for lunch, and she gets the same thing; however, Saturday, it was dinner with another couple.

Both guys ordered tacos, and were thrilled with them. The other entree was shrimp fajitas which she enjoyed immensely. When we arrived at 6:00 on a Saturday, there was already a 40 minute wait. The odd thing was there were a lot of empty tables yet in the restaurant. We were wondering if they may not have had full staff going yet. We ended up getting a table in the bar, so our wait was maybe 10 minutes.

We will return to Rojas, and I look forward to their yummy soup any day!

Aiea, Hawaii
“Best Mexican in Omaha”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I love Mexican food (well the American version - lol) This is my favorite Mexican restaurant in Omaha!

Cons: There is always a wait. I don't care when I have come - I have ALWAYS had to wait.

Pros: Food is great. We have never eaten anything we didn't find absolutely delish. Guacamole and salsa is so good we could probably end our meal after those... but then your food comes and it is so good you stuff yourself (and have leftovers for tomorrow).

It is really noisy, so not a place you want to go and have good conversation. The decor is really cool and also adds to the noise since there is running water through the middle of the restaurant. It also has an open kitchen - aka noise. But its great to muffle the noise of young children (which we have) and they love the food too.

The have a few small closed off rooms which we have used and loved, again for the small children not to go running off to play in the water.

Service is hit or miss.... they must load them up with tables since it seems to take a while to be attended to (hence the eating of a lot of salsa).

Nonetheless... the food is really good so we put up with all the quirks.

Visited January 2013
“Their Happy hour makes it a great deal.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

without the happy hour pricing it's a little high for Mexican food. there are so many choices in Omaha and Mex food should always be inexpensive.

Visited January 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
“Generous Portions of Consistently Good Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Fun place to enjoy a Margarita and just Chips with Chile Con Queso/Salsa, and a Side Salad. I've been with others who order various menu items, and they're always satisfied. Food seems fresh and staff are hard working, knowledgeable and routinely friendly. All makes for very pleasant dining experience time after time.

Visited November 2012