“Nice Stay”

Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Orange City, Iowa
“Nice Stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Overall we were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. The cons aren't dealbreakers for us but just a few things to be aware of.
Pros
Shuttle goes to the zoo, airport and within 3.5 miles
Good breakfast with pleny of variety
Very comfortable beds
Free parking
Friendly Staff (Kori who checked us in was very helpful with restaurant recommendations, etc.)

Cons
The rooms are smaller than your average Fairfield Inn & Suites
The pool is very small
The area of the hotel is a bit sketchy but they do lock the doors at night and we didn't have any issues.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
OMAFD, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hi Jess1331,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We truly value your feedback and comments like yours enable us to improve the quality of our product and services on a daily basis. Overall, I understand you enjoyed your experience at our poperty, but we take the safety and security of our guest seriously.

This is great feedback for our hotel team and we will be sure to share your comments with them. Thank you again for your time in completing a review from your stay with us!

vkosalka@fhginc.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I enjoyed this Fairfield Inn in Omaha. My only complaint was the pillows! All of the pillows were too soft and I woke up with a stiff neck and back several mornings. I inquired at the desk about firmer pillows and they only had foam or feather--both were very soft. After traveling quite a bit this year for work; I am definitely noticing that pillows and mattresses are one of the most important features of a hotel. So please, invest in some firmer pillows!

The staff was very friendly and made me feel very welcome.

The breakfast area was clean and well stocked with the usual hotel hot breakfast. Nothing extraordinary. The best was that you could get coffee and hot water for tea 24 hours a day.

The downtown location was not the best because there was not much to walk to. If I stayed in Omaha again I would probably want a hotel with better walking accessibility to Old Market. I could usually find a meter but on Friday night, I had to pay $8 to park.

Overall, the was a very pleasant experience and the staff definitely deserves kudos for their friendliness.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hi AngelaP6399,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us! We appreciate your positive comments. We do have some great restaurants within walking distance to our hotel: The Old Mattress Factory, Goodnight's Pizza, and The Union Pizzeria Bar and Grill and Blatt Beer and Table. Also as you mentioned, we are happy to shuttle guests to restaurants within a 3 mile radius of Fairfield as well. Sorry to hear wemissed the opportunity to direct you to any locations within walking distance on your recent stay with us. This is great feedback for our hotel team and we will be sure to share your comments with them.Our Front Office Team will be excited that you commented on how EXCELLENT they are. We will be sure to share your comments with them.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

As a MR Platinum, I have high expectations for my stays. This Fairfield I&S exceeded those expectations. Very clean, quiet (even though next to railroad track), and well-appointed in the new, fresh FIS decor. High quality, very helpful staff who showed real interest in meeting my requests (forgotten key, directions to Council Bluffs, restaurant recommendations). Definitely a great value, and location. Highly recommended. (Just wish their was a baseball game at TD Ameritrade Park while I was in town this week...a close walk to the 'crack of the bat'!)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
ATLTim,

Thank you so much for taking the time, out of your busy schedule as Platinum Member, to write a review for us! We appreciate your positive comments. Our Front Office Team will be excited that you commented on how EXCELLENT they are. We will be sure to share your comments with them.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Our room was clean and the customer service was great. The man at the desk tried to help me since I had my two sleeping kids and luggage. Everyone was friendly and helpful in the morning. The breakfast was fine. A good choice of cereals and some hot items as well.

• Stayed August 2013
Hi JLE1223,

Our Front Office Team will be excited that you commented on how EXCELLENT they are. I'm glad you received assistance with your children. As a Mom, those special touches make tavel that more comfortable. We will be sure to share your comments with them.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I checked in very quickly once I located the hotel and was assigned room 135. I got to the room and noticed that it was a handicap room, I am not handicap nor did I request one. The pool area was small but the hot tub was a very nice addition to the hotel. I liked the pool towels, they were large and soft. I don't know why these towels are not in the rooms, the ones in the room were not near as nice. The room was a nice size and had really good lighting. They also had free internet which was a good addition. They had a note next to the bed promoting recycling however there was no recycling bin as advertised in my room. The doors are not soundproofed at all, you could hear everything going on in the hallway.

The worse part of my trip was that the AC made a clicking noise all night long and kept me up most of the night. I was not pleased with only about 2 hours of sleep. I brought this up to the front desk clerk when she asked me how my stay was and she said she was sorry and see what she could do. She then looked at her computer and said have a nice day and nothing else, so I just left. I travel to Omaha a few times a year and I don't think that I will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not ask for room 135
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
OMAFD, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review of your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We truly value your feedback and comments like yours enable us to improve the quality of our product and services on a daily basis. I’m disappointed to learn that you were inconvenienced by your room assignment, noise and AC feedback.

This is great feedback for our hotel team and we will be sure to share your comments with engineering and the Front Office team. Thank you again for your time in completing a review from your experience with us! We hope you will give our property another chance. I would personally like to offer you a complimentary upgrade as we hope to see you back again soon!

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 4, 2013

There is a homeless shelter 2 blocks away. I arrive and a wasted guy walks up as I'm unloading trying to sell me a hoodie. That night I go to my car for dinner, two guys step out of the shadows wanting change. The next night a guy is staggering through the parking lot looking in cars and checking door handles. I notified the desk.

Nice room, staff and stay except I felt SO unsafe once I stepped out the door.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review of your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We truly value your feedback and comments like yours enable us to improve the quality of our product and services on a daily basis. I’m disappointed to learn that you were inconvenienced by a pan handler.

We take the safety and security of our guest seriously. On a nightly basis we lock our main entrance at 11pm and if needed we do lock the main doors earlier again if there is a safety concern that we are addressing. In addition we do have security cameras that are monitored and a Night Manager that addresses any safety concerns. We do wish we would have known at the time when you were approached in the parking lot as we would have handled this situation immediately.

This is great feedback for our hotel team and we will be sure to share your comments with them. Thank you again for your time in completing a review from your experience with us! We hope you will give our property another chance. I would personally like to offer you a complimentary upgrade we hope to see you back again soon!

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I booked our room through Christina in the Sales Department and she was a huge help! Once we arrived at the hotel Heather was amazing and also called my room to check on us after we got settled in. She was my hero all week anytime I needed anything! The room was a little small but the bathroom was large so that made up for it. I loved that it was walking distance to the stadium and there was plenty to do without having to drive anywhere. Enjoyed everything about it and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your recent stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites Omaha Downtown and for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay! We appreciate guest feedback!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. We appreciate your comments on the great service you received and the location of the hotel.
Thank you again for your time in completing a review from your stay with us! We hope to see you back again soon!