“The staff makes the property”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown
Ranked #26 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Average room in good condition. Near the ballpark. Close to the airport is a plus. It was helpful to return the car the night before we flew home, as the rental companies don't open until 6 am, not enough time to return and get on a 7 am flight. There were train tracks directly in back of the hotel, and freight trains did come by during the night. Staff make this place worthwhile.

Room Tip: Rail line at back of hotel, trains come thru in the night.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
OMAFD, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites Omaha Downtown and for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay! We appreciate guest feedback!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. We appreciate your comments on the great service you received overall and I am so glad to hear that our shuttle service was convenient and aided in accomplishing your goals.

Thank you again for your time in completing a review from your stay with us! We hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is located in downtown just a block from the baseball park which was awesome. The lobby is bright and welcoming. The room itself is ok but the bathroom was not very clean. I found several hairs in different spots in the shower and bathroom. The heater didn't work so well. In the morning the front desk is also the van driver, so no one could answer the phone when I called down. Breakfast is basic nothing hot, rather all cold food.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
OMAFD, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Josh,

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We truly value your feedback and comments like yours enable us to improve the quality of our product and services on a daily basis. I’m disappointed to learn that your bathroom was not pepared properly for your arrival. In order to properly follow through with your observation, it would help to know your guest information so we may follow-up with our team members. Please take a few moments to email me at vkosalka@fhginc.com with this information.

This is great feedback for our hotel team and we will be sure to share your comments with them. Thank you again for your time in completing a review from your stay with us! We hope you will give our property another chance. I would personally like to offer you a complimentary upgrade we hope to see you back again soon!

vkosalka@fhginc.com

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed a short night here as we arrived late and had to be at the airport VERY early the next morning. I thought the staff was friendly. The room was TINY, the bathroom could have been cleaner. The shower may have been falling apart. . . and the tile was kind of dirty. One side of the hotel is in a scary part of town, but you wouldn't know it from looking at the way the main entrance faces. For a short night, it was OK, but I don't know if I would stay again given the selection of much nicer hotels in Omaha.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Lindsay,

vkosalka@fhginc.com

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Our trip started with arriving only to find the type of rooms they guaranteed weren't available after all. They told us they did have some like we wanted but were holding those for someone else. Never mind that we called over 1 month prior to prearrange it all. After much haggling they did offer to give us an extra room. During check in we were never told anything about parking. When we arrived back at the hotel at 9pm the parking lots were all full. That of not only the Fairfield bit also what appeared to be that of the Holiday Inn Express next door. We pulled in a spot someone was leaving out of not noticing that hanging from a rope 3 inches from the ground about 6 spaces down was a sign that said no overnight parking or your vehicle would be towed. Of course we walked out the next morning to find this. We went back in to a very unhelpful weekend desk attendant with an attitude. Yes, I was upset but she was not trying to make it better and just kept saying there was nothing she could do. She supossedly didnt have a number even. Once we found the number we called to find it was going to cost me $200.50 to get it out and really they were closed until Monday at 9am so only if she had a driver going by the office could I get my vehicle. The hotel in no way offered to assist with getting my vehicle back. They wouldn't even let me cash a check when their ATM decided not to work. When I checked in neither I nor my parents who were also staying there were told anything about where to parlor rather not to park. Yet, the tow company told me they are suppose to tell customers or have something up in their lobby indicating people will get towed if they park in certain places.

My recommendation, just don't stay here unless you want to risk being stuck for extended days. Go somewhere else. The tow company said the Holiday Inn Express gives a tag to put in your car. Seems like a quick easy fix but one the Fairfield obviously doesn't care about.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Lynette H
OMAFD, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have stayed in a number of Omaha hotels and this was hands down the warmest, friendliest hotel I have been in for years...anywhere! I had an early arrival and checkin...no problem! Every time I went by the desk someone greeted me. One of the ladies who serviced my room wrote me a thank you note! Amazing. The only negative on this trip was one front desk person's response when I came in late one night and there were NO parking spots for guests. She suggested I could park in a parking garage blocks away and walk back (at night). Not a good solution. A young man intervened and found me a spot. Honestly, the hotel was quiet, clean and great in every way. Would stay again in a minute.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. We appreciate your comments on the great service you received overall and I am so glad to hear that the other Guest Service stepped in to address the parkign concern you had. We are taking additional measures to address parkign concerns during special events at the TD Ameritrade Park and neighboring ballroom. While it's great to be within walking Distance of the Century Link Center and these facilites we have to continue to anticipate our guests needs!

Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I traveled here 3 times in the last two months. Shuttle van is timely. I have NO complaints except for the last ten minutes of my stay. I was given a late checkout of 12:30 pm which was agreeable. However at 12:22 pm housekeeping knocked on my door. I was packed and dressed to leave and just finishing tidying up. When I opened the door mgmt was there with another guest. Mgmt asked if I had a 12:30 checkout and I said yes. What annoyed me was the fact that another guest was with her as if to hurry me to leave. I thought that was atypical of service for that hotel. As I was leaving wouldn't you know that guest was in the lobby waiting for the room I was in. I believe it could've been handled differently is all. How much do I travel? Diamond with Hilton, gold with Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2013
OMAFD, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Faifield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We truly value your feedback and comments like yours enable us to improve the quality of our product and services on a daily basis. I’m disappointed to learn that your departure experience was handled in this manner. We always look to accommodate our guest late departure needs. I apologize for the inconvenience and will make a point to address these issues and how they should be handled in the future with our staff.

We look forward to our next opportunity to properly serve you so that we can create a positive Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown experience for you.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Can't say enough good things about the staff and their excellent shuttle service to the airport and downtown area during a 4 night stay. A cancelled flight meant we had to ask for a late checkout, which was granted and they stored our luggage. Easy walk to the various downtown event venues. Breakfast was limited but I never went hungry. The king suite room was large and clean. Nice sized bathroom. My only issue with the hotel was the bed comfort: it was lumpy and sagged in the middle. We mentioned this to the staff at the end of the visit, and they stated they would see to it. We stay in Marriotts all the time and overall I found this new property very similar to the Springhill Suites. But if Marriott is differentiating their hotel lines by the quality of the mattresses, then I will avoid the Fairfields in the future. It just isn't worth a few dollars for a bad night's sleep.

Room Tip: Try to get on the front of the hotel rather than the back. The train goes right beside the back roo...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
OMAFD, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your review of your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We truly value your feedback and comments like yours enable us to improve the quality of our product and services on a daily basis. We do apologize for the discomfort you experienced with the mattress in your guest room. We always look to provided a restful night's sleep for our guest. I will make a point to address this issue. Will you please email your contact information so we may properly inspect the mattress in question and address this situation, vkosalka@fhginc.com?

We look forward to our next opportunity to properly serve you so that we can create a positive Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown experience for you and all our guest.